The Gargoyle War

A collection and archive of non-player ran, Shard Events.
Jakob

Re: The Gargoyle War

Post by Jakob »

Britannians! Fear not! The Franz has found their evil battle plans!! They gonna pwn Skara Brae next!

Lankgord: Hello. I'm New To The Server. Any Drama Going On Lately?

[20:38] <newYorK>i love how franz is in game robbing me while im reading his comic
[20:38] <newYorK> priceless

Sultan of Swing

Post by Sultan of Swing »

skara.jpg
skara.jpg (96.3 KiB) Viewed 7088 times
skara 2.jpg
skara 2.jpg (157.33 KiB) Viewed 7088 times
trouble afoot on isle off Skara,

use t-map runes 53-57 to get there,

have some in my small house, first on left of path between brit & brit moongate if your stuck (shameless plug)

Jakob

Post by Jakob »

Boomland Sir! This man tries to steal my glory! I demand satisfaction!

[20:38] <newYorK>i love how franz is in game robbing me while im reading his comic

Sultan of Swing

Post by Sultan of Swing »

glory?

spawn is quite good, silver serps and regular/scout/stone gargoyles , with occasional slayers/fire breathing chipping in,

earned 4 silver in 2 hours'ish all off regular gargoyles

if only you were there to help out franz,

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

It has been confirmed by the Skara Brae rangers that the Gargoyle army has arrived at the island West of the City. A structure of some type has been spotted on the island, but no one has confirmed what exactly it is. Rangers sent to the island by the Sheriff of Skara Brae have not returned.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

I don't sail often, I don't have 20 dragons, and I don't feel like setting that farm operation up only to wait in line for the previous dragon boat turret to get tired of easily wiping the island clean within seconds. Tell me when the gargoyle operation moves. They caused more havoc in the courtyards on dagger. ;)
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

After hearing of great riches being found, Ohm and I decided to investigate the happenings of Iver's Rounding. Upon arrival we noticed a tall ominous structure that stank of rotting corpses, and spawned around it were the most powerful gargoyles that this wizard has ever laid eyes upon.

We retreated and began amassing a formidable Dragon Army! Between the halls of wind and in the pits of Destard we tamed nearly sixty of the beasts. Using elite wizardry we merged the entire dragon army into a single body. This would be our ultimate weapon against the gargoyle scourge.

Success!! Our ultimate weapon has proven effective against our demonic enemies!
Wizards from all over the land began to gather at the island in hopes to collect rare trophy kills and the precious silver coins they carry.

With our ultimate weapon deployed, Britanians were able to secure a stronghold on the island. Some however, were not so pleased with our power, and sought to sabotage the weapon. A fierce battle on the sea ensued!

The Evil Chubbs Peterson devised a plan to attack the dragons from the seas! His attempts were futile and laughable. Holy Diver quickly dispatched him and his cronies with purple potion's and energy vortexes!

Nice try Chubb's *Belly Laugh*

And as for the Rangers? Well... we found them starving and destitute at the south end of the island, there wasn't much we could do to save them, as the condition of their health was critical.

Being a resourceful wizard, I decided to use their meat to feed my trusty steed. They were given a quick death.

Be warned any who dare travel to this island without an army... Certain death awaits you.

Ohm and I eventually grew weary of fighting the army, our weapon has become depleted, and on top of it all gargoyle archers began to spawn..... They are fierce my friends, do not get shot by their hell bolts.

Best of luck to those who brave the horrors if Iver's Rounding.....

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

And then you died and I looted your reg bag and you were a good sport about it! Inspiring tale!
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

HappyFunTime

Post by HappyFunTime »

Just a note that after I too had paid a recent visit the island (this last weekend maybe)I met an NPC in Yew and she was repeating something about now that the gargoyle war is over, she could financially gain with kits of wool or some kind of kit... I may have a few words wrong in that so don't quote me. I tried getting more clues out of her but then like a good t2a player, I hurried off to get more silver.

Narcissic

Post by Narcissic »

HappyFunTime wrote:Just a note that after I too had paid a recent visit the island (this last weekend maybe)I met an NPC in Yew and she was repeating something about now that the gargoyle war is over, she could financially gain with kits of wool or some kind of kit... I may have a few words wrong in that so don't quote me. I tried getting more clues out of her but then like a good t2a player, I hurried off to get more silver.
A follow up on this
I found a shepherd in Yew talking about how he could finally use his animal taming permit (or something) that he bought from chum to make money off his sheep farm now that the war was over. Unfortunately, he was promptly... slain by a horde of leprechaun afterwards.
Derrick wrote: It is not our policy to comment on account actions which are taken against players.

An exception should be made in order to counter dishonesty.
Cavewights accounts were banned for accepting in-game goods for the promise of money.

Jakob

Post by Jakob »

I made this quite peculiar find the other day, while searching gargoyles someone else had killed. An iron key!
Seeking to find its keyhole I went up on the gargoyles' structure, perhaps it would fit into this treasure chest? Nope!
Instead the key would lock this door! Most peculiar!
Has anyone else found such a key?

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Yep, they dropped a lot on the garg's. There are 4 locked chests that contain about 1k each if picked. Also many of the previous invasion areas still have these chests. Great gold for a LP to quickly run through.

HappyFunTime

Post by HappyFunTime »

What was in there? or are you just trying to get loot from dead players?

Jakob

Post by Jakob »

There was a great secret! You'll have to find a key to unlock the door though, if no one else has unlocked it, since I locked it.

Kasper_Valentine

Post by Kasper_Valentine »

I looted said key the other day but didn't have time to investigate its use, thus it was binned.

Heyho, good to know it had a use.

Return to “Shard Events”