01-10-2015 1v1 PvP+ Tournament

A collection and archive of non-player ran, Shard Events.
Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

01-10-2015 1v1 PvP+ Tournament

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Event gate will open at 11am (EST). We plan to start by 11:15am so do not arrive late or you may be turned away.

PvP+ Tournaments are tournaments with less restrictions than that standard pvp tournaments we've been holding on Second Age the last couple of months. The rules are modified and as followed:

1. Magic weapons and poisoned weapons are permitted.
2. All potions are permitted.
3. Magic armor and magic items are permitted.
4. Some spell restrictions are in place (no earthquake, no energy vortex, no blade spirit)
5. Matches will be "no loot" but you will consume reagents and potions (this is not Free Use.)
6. No pets can be used in the fight or permitted on the battlefield.
7. No skill restrictions.
8. Spell restrictions: earthquake, blade spirit, or energy vortex.

You can be guardwhacked if you attack players in the stands. Be mindful when using purple potions and spells with an area effect. Consider this your first and final warning.

There has been player debate about purple potions/AOE and hitting people in the stands, but there are no plans at this time to change the setup. You shouldn't have a problem you're using purple potions skillfully instead of relying on a macro to automate your targeting.

Bracket will be posted on Challonge, http://challonge.com/em4wgjzh
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

darkmalus

Re: 01-10-2015 1v1 PvP+ Tournament

Post by darkmalus »

I haven't participated in many of your events but the ones that I have had great player turn outs and they are usually fun and I appreciate that you do them. Heres a suggestion... if you are holding a field style or really any type of pvp / pvm event adjust it so that the active participants in the ring can not get guard wacked once they enter the arena/area. I find it a little odd that you havent resolved this problem and instead think players should be more careful... I am the same guy who went to one of your monster invasion events and got guard wacked in trinsic once you sent the message that guards were not active. Just my two cents it should be a pretty easy fix...

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

darkmalus wrote:. I find it a little odd that you havent resolved this problem and instead think players should be more careful... I am the same guy who went to one of your monster invasion events and got guard wacked in trinsic once you sent the message that guards were not active. Just my two cents it should be a pretty easy fix...
It's not a matter of "fixing" anything as much as requiring players to use their skill and knowledge to win a fight. PVP+ tournaments have a lot more involved - all factors should be considered. Additional magic items, spells, poisoned weapons, and environment factors are what make field PVP more difficult.

As for Trinsic, which invasion was this? I can't recall doing a Trinsic invasion yet.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Downs

Post by Downs »

I think it's fine that the crowd can be purple potted. forces the leet pvpers to rely less on potion macros, like you said.

I tip my leprechaun hat to you boomland!

I'm sure I know the answer, but i'll ask: no free use = magic weapons will reduce their charges on use??
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

darkmalus

Post by darkmalus »

Well I hear your side of things and I just dont agree with you.. but any event is better then no event!

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Downs wrote:I'm sure I know the answer, but i'll ask: no free use = magic weapons will reduce their charges on use??
These events are not free use. Items do burn charges here. However, a player's loot is protected upon death when they are in an official tournament match. Players waiting to fight or watching from the stands are not offered any irregular protection (it should be standard guardzone for people outside of the Arena.)
darkmalus wrote:Well I hear your side of things and I just dont agree with you.. but any event is better then no event!
Thanks for understanding, and as I told others, not every event will be seen as suitable for every type of player or template. There's simply no way to create a catch all. Players can pick and choose which events they attend and we/I will continue to host events that get enough of a player turnout to warrant the event's existence.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

DRUSK42

Post by DRUSK42 »

who wants to get up at 11am on a saturday

killaboy

Post by killaboy »

Come one. Come all.

[11:31] <@Vintirex-droid> Cause he wants to flirt like a 7 year old I'm out silver

[18:55] <Soma_> I would definitely go transginger for millions of doll hairs

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

DRUSK42 wrote:who wants to get up at 11am on a saturday
Time is relative. 11AM for you might be 3PM for another player. Up until now, most weekend tournaments have been at roughly the same time (late afternoon for EST). I think it's only fair that we rotate the time occasionally.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Downs

Post by Downs »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:
DRUSK42 wrote:who wants to get up at 11am on a saturday
Time is relative. 11AM for you might be 3PM for another player. Up until now, most weekend tournaments have been at roughly the same time (late afternoon for EST). I think it's only fair that we rotate the time occasionally.
an acceptable answer would have also been "grown ups"
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

killaboy

Post by killaboy »

Who's ready to rumble???

[11:31] <@Vintirex-droid> Cause he wants to flirt like a 7 year old I'm out silver

[18:55] <Soma_> I would definitely go transginger for millions of doll hairs

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

Boomland Jenkins wrote: 7. No skill restrictions.
except taming....
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Drunk'n Disorder wrote:
Boomland Jenkins wrote: 7. No skill restrictions.
except taming....
Taming skill is allowed. Pets are not though.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Wonko the Sane

Post by Wonko the Sane »

Hey, events are back :)

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

The results are in - http://challonge.com/em4wgjzh

Supreme Champion: Serious