McPry's Return

A collection and archive of non-player ran, Shard Events.
FearItself

Re: McPry's Return

Post by FearItself »

a nerd wrote:
Boomland Jenkins wrote:

Shortly after their deaths were discovered, pirates began excavating the caves, running for their lives as the chamber's defense system came online.

Hmm... excavating or evacuating... ?
..as in are they digging somewhere else ?
i imagine Evacuation due to them all being gone, but there was that ore cart blocking the path ^^ so honestly Excavation is also very possible lol

on my dexxer i had a go:
*the turrets are mean when multiple are targeting you, worth killing! they drop silver ^^ 4 silver in less than 20 turret kills.
*the Sensors are very mean, they have the ability to paralyze seemingly infinite, though i have had the chance to move in between hits of course. do not get caught next to one! their loot so far has consisted of gold. fewer of these killed.
*Arch Zealots seem tougher than Nathaniel Moorhead/Lord Bonn equivalents. havent killed many so no opinion yet.

add all three targetting you and you got yourself a bad time haha.

unsure which can or cannot be provoked.

ultra
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by ultra »

FearItself wrote:
a nerd wrote:
Boomland Jenkins wrote:

Shortly after their deaths were discovered, pirates began excavating the caves, running for their lives as the chamber's defense system came online.

i imagine Evacuation due to them all being gone, but there was that ore cart blocking the path ^^ so honestly Excavation is also very possible lol

on my dexxer i had a go:
*the turrets are mean when multiple are targeting you, worth killing! they drop silver ^^ 4 silver in less than 20 turret kills.
*the Sensors are very mean, they have the ability to paralyze seemingly infinite, though i have had the chance to move in between hits of course. do not get caught next to one! their loot so far has consisted of gold. fewer of these killed.
*Arch Zealots seem tougher than Nathaniel Moorhead/Lord Bonn equivalents. havent killed many so no opinion yet.

Went in with my bard and got tore to pieces, barely made it out (never seen a Provo target break to attack me that's nice...). Group level mobs on a dead server, logical. I wouldn't count this as a server event because the fact is only a small group or two of server vets can even participate in it. If you want to level it out make events for solo'ers. Like scavenger hunts or lockbox prizes (super rares), something. This is honestly dull. I hate being forced to group. Eww. Now I realize why no one was in there when I stealth scouted for my bard. I also recommend not broadcasting this event through the town cryers because all it's going to do is deter any new blood that joins the server from sticking around, it is just going to discourage them, but that's just my two cents. We want to keep them not scare them off.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

ultra wrote:
FearItself wrote:
a nerd wrote:
Boomland Jenkins wrote:

on my dexxer i had a go:

Went in with my bard and got tore to pieces, barely made it out (never seen a Provo target break to attack me that's nice...). Group level mobs on a dead server, logical. I wouldn't count this as a server event because the fact is only a small group or two of server vets can even participate in it. If you want to level it out make events for solo'ers. Like scavenger hunts or lockbox prizes (super rares), something. This is honestly dull. I hate being forced to group. Eww. Now I realize why no one was in there when I stealth scouted for my bard. I also recommend not broadcasting this event through the town cryers because all it's going to do is deter any new blood that joins the server from sticking around, it is just going to discourage them, but that's just my two cents. We want to keep them not scare them off.
Where have you been my whole life?
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

ultra wrote:Went in with my bard and got tore to pieces, barely made it out (never seen a Provo target break to attack me that's nice...). Group level mobs on a dead server, logical. I wouldn't count this as a server event because the fact is only a small group or two of server vets can even participate in it. If you want to level it out make events for solo'ers. Like scavenger hunts or lockbox prizes (super rares), something. This is honestly dull. I hate being forced to group. Eww. Now I realize why no one was in there when I stealth scouted for my bard. I also recommend not broadcasting this event through the town cryers because all it's going to do is deter any new blood that joins the server from sticking around, it is just going to discourage them, but that's just my two cents. We want to keep them not scare them off.

Went in with a bard, tore the enemies to pieces, made it out with 3 silver (provoked the enemies no problem except the turrets which are unaffected...) Group mobs that can be solo'ed or killed in a group effort on a legendary server, worked good. I would call this a really good server event because of the fact that most people are enjoying themselves, although you will need some developed skill to succeed in this end game style dungeon. If you want to... - sorry this sentence is hard to emulate because the original makes little sense-. Alternatively one of the many things you can do here is a scavenger hunt (for rare trophys), or maybe go pick some dungeon chests instead, whatever. This is honestly awesome. I love having the option to group or go solo in this sandbox mmo. Woo. Now I realize why people are showing up at this event when I too showed up. I also recommend eating cake, because its yummy and maybe if you share with some new blood they will also find it yummy and stick around, its going to encourage them, but hey that's just my two pennies. We want to have some more fun keep it up.

ultra
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by ultra »

Rose wrote:
ultra wrote:Went in with my bard and got tore to pieces, barely made it out (never seen a Provo target break to attack me that's nice...). Group level mobs on a dead server, logical. I wouldn't count this as a server event because the fact is only a small group or two of server vets can even participate in it. If you want to level it out make events for solo'ers. Like scavenger hunts or lockbox prizes (super rares), something. This is honestly dull. I hate being forced to group. Eww. Now I realize why no one was in there when I stealth scouted for my bard. I also recommend not broadcasting this event through the town cryers because all it's going to do is deter any new blood that joins the server from sticking around, it is just going to discourage them, but that's just my two cents. We want to keep them not scare them off.

Went in with a bard, tore the enemies to pieces, made it out with 3 silver (provoked the enemies no problem except the turrets which are unaffected...) Group mobs that can be solo'ed or killed in a group effort on a legendary server, worked *well. I would call this a really good server event because of the fact that most people are enjoying themselves, although you will need some developed skill to succeed in this end game style dungeon. If you want to... - sorry this sentence is hard to emulate because the original makes little sense-. Alternatively one of the many things you can do here is a scavenger hunt (for rare trophys), or maybe go pick some dungeon chests instead, whatever. This is honestly awesome. I love having the option to group or go solo in this sandbox mmo. Woo. Now I realize why people are showing up at this event when I too showed up. I also recommend eating cake, because its yummy and maybe if you share with some new blood they will also find it yummy and stick around, its going to encourage them, but hey that's just my two pennies. We want to have some more fun keep it up.

Like I said only works for a select group of vets. I tried this on a regular character with non magic items, and it didn't work. Sure, if I went in all decked on my main could have done something, but it's a server event, not a leet event. It is not for the average player, so not a server event and needs to be trashed. Engwish is hard mmk. Most people are not you and 13 others fyi. Difficult group events requiring communication and strategy on a dead or clicky server will not work to attract new players but will deter them, just stating the obvious and pointing out the nonsense. Skill and end game? There is nothing on this game that can't be solo with standard effort which is the foundation of original UO. If it can't be solo'd it doesn't belong here, it belongs in WoW. Anyone who actually played T2A would run off if this is what they saw their first week back. I'm sorry that having common sense, basic psychology, and being non-bias elude you. Good luck with that.

This low population is killing me. I love to make money off people in RL and in pixels and there isn't enough people here anymore. I made over a million (not IDOC) the very first month I started on this server back in 2012 completely solo just doing as I did 97-01 and now it's a struggle due to the population. It's like the only ones left are the ones who already have everything, which is why they're still here. It's nearly unplayable to new characters because of this clickiness I see, which personally I don't care because I like to do my own thing, but I have no one to sell to anymore, so it's boring. And, instead of making it better you shoot yourselves in the foot by increasing the curve, it's arrogant stupidity at its finest.

If you want a fresh perspective from someone who has been here in the past as to why we are having population issues, there it is. But, do what's best for you and your buddies but eventually they're going to all bail too.

Too add: I coaxed 3 others to come back with me and two of them already folded, and I quote (not my choice of language), "ghost town, fuck this...."

Patek
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Patek »

Anyone tried using a GM miner on the paths that won't go down by purple pot?

As for Ultra, dude, give it a break. Your on a server with vets willing to help you get into the fight as quick as possible, new content regularly created by dedicated GMs(cheers out to BLJ and the others), great PVP anywhere you want it and some of the nicest people you'll meet playing an online game and yet you're still trying as hard as possible to nit pick.

You're saying the event is bad because you can't solo easily and you don't want to join with others - so why don't you play a single player game with a difficulty slider?

I played Oceania OSI from its first beta to the end of UOR and UOSA has always had, and still does have, more people in the fight and a better community than Oceania ever did.

I'm still loving every day of UOSA and am happy to help get you and your chars skilled up and into it, you just have to focus on the positives rather than finding things that don't go your way and complaining.

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

in this event we have had many levels of difficulty in location.. i dont have any issue with this at all, the PKs are having fun, the newer people who are in the fights are usually with a group even if small. the silver ratio that i found was decent.

the activity is what is important, un experienced players will have a very rough time trying to farm this current Stage of the event sure, but it is gaining momentum also. just previous to this, when the pirates were on the jhelom docks, i showed a few newbs the location, showed them silver so they know what to look for and every one i brought was solo, never complained, and made profit.

when the mine opened we had harder targets, but it has never been so difficult that a solo person cannot manage to farm silver or entertainment lol

at the current stage it is very difficult... but to me it is the story building strength, and thus the difficulty lol. i have joined games and found that i am unequipped for an event, and must train. even experienced players are having troubles, so that helps build teamwork and community interaction. i can solo this on my new dexxer or go for a mage. but this has pretty much become a Teamwork operation ^.^

i think this event is going very well. Good Job Boom!

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

ultra wrote: Went in with my bard and got tore to pieces, barely made it out (never seen a Provo target break to attack me that's nice...). Group level mobs on a dead server, logical. I wouldn't count this as a server event because the fact is only a small group or two of server vets can even participate in it. If you want to level it out make events for solo'ers. Like scavenger hunts or lockbox prizes (super rares), something. This is honestly dull. I hate being forced to group. Eww. Now I realize why no one was in there when I stealth scouted for my bard. I also recommend not broadcasting this event through the town cryers because all it's going to do is deter any new blood that joins the server from sticking around, it is just going to discourage them, but that's just my two cents. We want to keep them not scare them off.
I'm sorry you're finding it difficult to hunt these monsters, but you're feedback is based on less than 12 hours of a 60+ day active world event, a story that is nearing it's end.

UO has become a game where you can play solo and get rich farming the hardest monsters in the land. When I create events, I like to create actual PVM challenges at certain points, something that doesn't exist typically.

For what it's worth, I watched a solo bard dominate the event dungeon space for 40 minutes (maybe longer, but I had left my PC at that point) using the paralyze spell, greater heal, blade spirits, and provocation. Engaging the spawn is all about technique.

On your comment regarding scavenger hunts or lock boxes...if you review this thread, you'll see a majority of this event has been one long scavenger hunt with incentives for the people who solve the mysteries first. This current event is the end result of many player's active efforts to push the story and figure out what's going on.

You called it dull, others called it engaging or exciting. Everyone's entitled to their opinion and I welcome constructive criticism from players. I find it useful when drumming up new ideas and events. So thank you for giving your 2 cents.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Vega/Delo

Post by Vega/Delo »

Ultra sounds like a titty baby, and Rose's two Canadian pennies are worth more than his whining.

As others have stated there's plenty of people willing to help when asked or needed. However, being here before 2016 and even now.... MOBs R SUX. Easily manipulated and with the population at a seemingly low status any area can be farmed for hours with no threat. "I love to make money off people in RL and in pixels" nooooo idea what u meant by that but no uber pixels are acquire able anymore (or for sale for RL cash aka PayPal, besides popular belief).

Haven't been to the event but I assume they still drop purps(force them to kill their own), provo(hardly use but should control the area), have a mount(on foot ur dead vs mob or player), EV rules the world(yea some don't agro them but try to get it on something and it's good as dead, blade spirit works for lowbies minus the cast time), HIDING(gets u out off the ruff with a nice teleport for aggro drop). You play UO use common sense or die and leave (again).

Delo

ultra
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by ultra »

Vega/Delo wrote:Ultra sounds like a titty baby, and Rose's two Canadian pennies are worth more than his whining.

As others have stated there's plenty of people willing to help when asked or needed. However, being here before 2016 and even now.... MOBs R SUX. Easily manipulated and with the population at a seemingly low status any area can be farmed for hours with no threat. "I love to make money off people in RL and in pixels" nooooo idea what u meant by that but no uber pixels are acquire able anymore (or for sale for RL cash aka PayPal, besides popular belief).

Haven't been to the event but I assume they still drop purps(force them to kill their own), provo(hardly use but should control the area), have a mount(on foot ur dead vs mob or player), EV rules the world(yea some don't agro them but try to get it on something and it's good as dead, blade spirit works for lowbies minus the cast time), HIDING(gets u out off the ruff with a nice teleport for aggro drop). You play UO use common sense or die and leave (again).

Delo
Stupid. /pats head.

To everyone else. You guys seem to be pulling in those mad new player numbers, keep doing exactly what you're doing. Many of us raised these red flags up 4 years ago and I guess we were wrong then too. Have fun on your private server of 10 people because that's exactly what it's going to be. Don't bitch about it when it happens, but you will. Because people who can't see the damage they cause before hand are all the same. ;)
Mommy, mommy, I broke my toy buy me another!" "Uh, were you smashing it against the wall like I told you not to?" "Umm, yes mommy but...." "Oh well, I warned you. Deal with the consequences." "But MOMMY, BWAHHHHHHHHHH!!!"
To BLJ, I get what you're doing and I understand that it took a great deal of effort and I know it's appreciated, but this would have been great 4 or 5 years ago when the population was 400 plus (and I feel like you are stuck in the trap of one-upping yourself, which leads to over complication, and yes I'm well aware of the event thoroughly documented on this thread), but it's not like that now and youre going to have to balance it. By either the event itself, or adding something the others can do (((and no longer labeling this as a server event because it isn't))) or possibly removing it all together. You want to make new players feel like they are a part of what is going on and not excluded. There isn't hairy situation I can't get out of on any average or naked toon for that matter, I've done it all (GM Escapist), and the average one to two hour a day player isn't going to be able to hack that at all. I don't have anything I need to prove to myself so I can spot that and speak up for the average player.

I'm not a FOTM follower, I'm not a coward that keeps his/her mouth shut because it doesn't solve anything. I speak my mind, I don't sugar coat, and tend to be right, and it usually pisses people off (the truth hurts). Recognizing flaws is what I do in the business industry and you are not opening up your market with this event, you're closing it off. Simple logic, server event = server cooperation compatible. Exclusive event = small population cooperation compatible. Server events with high curves for average players, low curves for leet veterans = path to discouragement for the average players. The average players are what makes this game better for everyone. Without them it is empty. Plus they were the bulk donaters back when and they bring in more people opposed to the "pro" top ten who are mostly shut-ins.

It's not difficult to figure out when you cut through the bias bs. My play style is strictly solo excluding my family, but even I need average players on this server, they're what makes the world go round. You guys are honestly destroying yourselves at this point and normally I would laugh my ass off but this is too damned sad because this server is the only remanance of the real deal left imo. And on a final note forcing "grouping" in UO tends to lead in bad directions, look at what EA did. ;) Learnnnnn. TTFN

Vega/Delo

Post by Vega/Delo »

Sigh. All I do is solo. Even after bringing in WAPsauce, I hardly did anything along side of him. I'm a Lone Wolf always have been. .... That being said, you may have to use multiple accts to succeed (efficently) but don't tell me you expect a 60hp lowbie to kill even a troll in the wilderness as you claim with your "New Players". Have to have some skills to participate in events where the payout is random but very profitable.

RIP someus

ultra
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by ultra »

Vega/Delo wrote:Sigh. All I do is solo. Even after bringing in WAPsauce, I hardly did anything along side of him. I'm a Lone Wolf always have been. .... That being said, you may have to use multiple accts to succeed (efficently) but don't tell me you expect a 60hp lowbie to kill even a troll in the wilderness as you claim with your "New Players". Have to have some skills to participate in events where the payout is random but very profitable.

RIP someus
You win the daily award for using an extreme argument to create a flawed point. (OMGz ur wrong cuz kids under the age of 18 shouldn't drive cuz babies can't reach the peddles, DUH!). You get a cookie. And the added tid-bit of how efficient you are at soloing on a single account, of course we are talking about regular play not a uber-leet exclusive not server but server event, aka the equivalent effort of sitting in a chair, wins you a piece of pie (banana) as well. Most of us here were able to achieve that as teenagers on dialup in the 90's...no really I think you're cool, I really do. You're like a role model. But, I must be confusing you so I will simplify....

New players = New to server and not necessarily "new" to the game (we want lots of these).
Average Player = A player who is skilled up but whose pants don't peel away from the chair when logging off for the day. You know what I'm talkin' about. ;)

Thank you for the laugh. Keep up the good work.

To everyone else, I apologize for the tude but I honestly have no patience for stupid....

And, if you still don't buy that it is exclusive, feel free to review all the nicely organized screenies in this very thread (that makes it convenient and easy!). I see a lot of people complain about population, people who have posted on this thread, but you don't get it. If you don't understand why a new person to the server who has played uo would quickly get discouraged after seeing the massive gap between themselves and vets, I don't know what else to say. It's point blank. It's ridiculous and it's caused by those who shouldn't be causing it. It is going to hurt everyone in the end who enjoys this game. nuff said....

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

in response to Vega linking his PKs, i just had to go for this ^.^

Enjoy!
Anti PK at Event
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=64852

i was at the event earlier during this ^
the spawn is quite possibly too tough, i had a group of 2 less skilled players and a random hider but they got their asses handed to them repeatedly regardless of my attempts to save/heal on my dexxer. the grouping of turrets at the beginning of the area i believe should be weakened or spread a little thinner.

overall it is great lol but there is a slight amount of Over Powered on the monsters sides haha would fear the day a GM plays one of the mobs and puts up a non npc code fight lol rue that day.

hard to get a group that is capable of taking on the first part of this event room as a newer player not using IRC, but as you said Boomland this is near the end so it is understandably tough.

up to you to decide what difficulty to have it all at, but i think there could be a thinning of the first turrets ^.^ does not take much to die haha and that would make it possible for less skilled or equipped players to farm the start of that event room.

Sultan of Swing

Post by Sultan of Swing »

was the silver drop rate adjusted? - last night I was doing well, tonight not 1 coin.

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

Sultan of Swing wrote:was the silver drop rate adjusted? - last night I was doing well, tonight not 1 coin.
not entirely sure but every time i am solo and not another person in sight, i get more silver than when there are people in the room or area. i have found this result in the entire event really... the more people there are the less silver i find. even if i hunt the same area same mobs i will get more silver in a solo environment than with others.

at this stage of the event i got 4 silver in less than a hour alone on my dexxer. slow kills. all alone.

when with people earlier or any time other than that i get maybe 1 silver in a hour.