McPry's Return

A collection and archive of non-player ran, Shard Events.
tiredat52

Re: McPry's Return

Post by tiredat52 »

Many thanks to the tireless efforts of Boomland....I can hardly wait to see what comes next!
"Terrifying vegetarians everywhere"

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Thanks for the amazing write up Joe, great screenshots.

ultra wrote:So, we have to be denied real loot because of our play-style? It keeps regular players on their toes to be sure a thief isn't lurking. A Tamer can mow villains with their pets because they put in the effort, PKer's get to loot it off others because of their work put into their toons, same goes for bards and other PvM templates, but we are denied, and to be great takes serious reflexes and quick thinking (seriously underrated by others). So, yeah it is obvious play-style discrimination. I'm still convinced that there must be a lot of ex-WoW players on this server. lol ;p But still, it was fun for a bit.
If you've been playing a thief this whole time, you have been better off than non thieves. You had the ability to cherry pick silver and trophies off snoop-able NPCs for the last 3 months.

During the boss event, you could have snooped pirates to see if they had a banner and lured those who did off into the jungle to be killed. It's technique.

Nickodemuse wrote: Wait, so those banners couldnt be picked up off the ground or looted from mob boss corpses if you were on a thief? Thats messed up!
Anyone could pick them up, anyone could loot them. They are 15 stones each. 5 spawned on the ground (in total) and 10 in NPC's backpacks.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Raefon

Post by Raefon »

Event was amazing! Thank you staff of UOSA for planning this. The activity at Buc's was non stop!
Looking forward to what is in store for the the future!

Rextab

Post by Rextab »

Raefon wrote:Event was amazing! Thank you staff of UOSA for planning this. The activity at Buc's was non stop!
Looking forward to what is in store for the the future!
The staff did a great job. Thanks for putting on such a great event.

ultra
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by ultra »

Nickodemuse

Post by Nickodemuse »

I havent seen it in anyone pics, How'd the wall where the 2 cannons were at finally go bye-bye? Back in Jhelom mine tunnels. I MUST KNOW!!!!!!!!!

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Nickodemuse wrote:I havent seen it in anyone pics, How'd the wall where the 2 cannons were at finally go bye-bye? Back in Jhelom mine tunnels. I MUST KNOW!!!!!!!!!
Now that the event is wrapped up, I can say how it was done. I cannot say who did it though (I have no idea).

Dim the Tinker could response to a few keywords involving cannon mining or secret pirate mining techniques. In this conversation, he would have told you about a new cannonball (pile of cannon balls in a suspicious hue) his team developed that could penetrate bedrock. The clue that could have lead you to Dim was in the mine - Dim's engineering plans, located right near the cannons on a workbench.

The special cannonball pile was a one-time switch, similar to the valorite tinker kits down in Britain Sewers which unlocked the second cave tunnel/barrier that was sealing off the Exodus Chamber. Many people suffered burning due to chumboxes while trying to enter the chamber.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Gork

Post by Gork »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:
Nickodemuse wrote:I havent seen it in anyone pics, How'd the wall where the 2 cannons were at finally go bye-bye? Back in Jhelom mine tunnels. I MUST KNOW!!!!!!!!!
Now that the event is wrapped up, I can say how it was done. I cannot say who did it though (I have no idea).

Dim the Tinker could response to a few keywords involving cannon mining or secret pirate mining techniques. In this conversation, he would have told you about a new cannonball (pile of cannon balls in a suspicious hue) his team developed that could penetrate bedrock. The clue that could have lead you to Dim was in the mine - Dim's engineering plans, located right near the cannons on a workbench.

The special cannonball pile was a one-time switch, similar to the valorite tinker kits down in Britain Sewers which unlocked the second cave tunnel/barrier that was sealing off the Exodus Chamber. Many people suffered burning due to chumboxes while trying to enter the chamber.
MIC DROP*

Sierra

Post by Sierra »

I'm sorry I missed out on this. I've been playing for a while but never check or post on the forums. I remember seeing the Town Cryers but wasn't sure what was going on lol. Maybe next time.

Nickodemuse

Post by Nickodemuse »

I thought the wall had a hit points maybe. I was thinking if I telekenesis the chumbox so many times, the wall will drop! After 200 reags of telekenesis i gave up. Glad I didnt go to 500.

Return to “Shard Events”