McPry's Return

A collection and archive of non-player ran, Shard Events.
ultra
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: McPry's Return

Post by ultra »

Went back in there today and kept having the feeling that I've done this before...thousands of times, followed by a feeling of dread. Hmm, what could it be...gank squads and griefers at the entrance, group level mobs with an occasional "tough" boss, quests to complete/solve, all with the promise of epic lewts at the end...oh yeah, IT'S WARCRAFT! I deem this as the antithesis of UO, disguised as UO, therefore will no longer participate. If you enjoy this you should go roll a panda a yiff it up. ;p Back to my isolationist bliss, as UO intended. :) zug zug

PorkTornado

Post by PorkTornado »

Hello? Is it me you're looking for?
Attachments
Pork Tornado_1-28_22.03.jpg

Anna

Post by Anna »

We begin this adventure with rounding up several of the many interested parties in this investigation on the West Britain Bank Roof. Our intention was to reopen the cave that we had been locked out of...

After gathering those of interest up, we proceeded to the West Britain Farms where we were asked to enter our security question...

After many attempts to get everyone into the narrow gate passage, we found that the lever we had searched for had been destroyed!

This could only mean one thing, that our efforts to open the cave had been correct and now it had been permanently opened.

Upon entering the cave, we worked our way back to the deepest explored areas... only to find that the inner cave had already been open!

Inside we found a huge underground mine with a very diseased river along with their sickly defenders!

We also found some other sites of interests including Captain Heftimus McPry's Chamber, some cannons obviously being used for digging, and Rochester the old timer. He seemed to be a nonaggressive pirate that no matter what we did, could not be cured or helped in anyway.

Not having anyway of activating the cannons we decided to ask ole Dim about these plans of his, but to no avail. It looks like the only thing he want to tell us is how much he didn’t want to be around this "Rochester the old timer" fellow.

And from there we spend many an hour running around trying to tie clues to mining, sickness, jesters, and many other related queries. I leave this up to you, Sosarians, to figure out... for there is something great but terrible happening in this cave and it needs to be stopped!

Anna

Post by Anna »

The sickness found in the pirates cave grows stronger with every day that passes! The pirates may not be getting weaker but they sure are being afflicted with "side effects"...

Hurry before the plague spreads back to Britannia and changes us all!

Nickodemuse

Post by Nickodemuse »

Whose the explosive expert?

Nickodemuse

Post by Nickodemuse »

Explosive expert found by rose. Now we need someone who specializes in removing chumboxes!

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Hear ye Hear ye!

The Heftimus Cave that was discovered under the city of Jhelom leads into a vast cave filled with trickery and dangerous creatures!

Somewhere in these tunnels, a (formerly secret) mining operation was discovered. Many adventurers spent countless hours pooling their resources and knowledge of our World's history together to blast through cave ins and ultimately removed all barriers that stood in their way ... so far.

Below are sketches of what has been discovered thus far by these adventurers. If you haven't found your way down here yet, I would highly recommend getting there in the next day or 2 before all the pirates and miners are slaughtered. I can confirm that these pirates are dropping silver and the chance of getting 2-silver trophies with the name McPry whittled onto them!

Below are valuable clues that may help you progress the storyline. Players are encouraged to take their own screenshots and to piece together the story as they see it. Combining these clues correctly (or as a group effort) will advance the storyline.

Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Worry not Boomland, the event has been spotlighted viewtopic.php?f=38&t=64832
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Capitalist wrote:Worry not Boomland, the event has been spotlighted viewtopic.php?f=38&t=64832
I actually saw this thread this morning. These are also acceptable storytelling means!
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Nickodemuse

Post by Nickodemuse »

if anyones got mcpry trophy. post pics so i can be jelly!

killaboy

Post by killaboy »

Me and my Canadian foe Rose joined our heads and have decided to retrace our steps and check with the three brothers.

Dim being the more useful brother we check on him first only to find his place wrecked. Books thrown on the ground and burnt documents.

Then to the Llama herders hideout

Dem the poor poor llama herder. He just wanted to live in peace with his llama's. Drowned to certain death.

Dom the digger of all diggers please be with us still!

Only his good arm is left to be found along with piles of blood as we give him and his two brothers a saluting good-bye.

Rochester the rotting passive pirate has been taken down as well!

Only his remains remain as well as his blade and some captain boots.

Citizens of Britannia help us find the next clues to get closer to the head of Mcpry.
Last edited by killaboy on Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[11:31] <@Vintirex-droid> Cause he wants to flirt like a 7 year old I'm out silver

[18:55] <Soma_> I would definitely go transginger for millions of doll hairs

a nerd

Post by a nerd »

Nickodemuse wrote:if anyones got mcpry trophy. post pics so i can be jelly!
Too lazy. Standard 2 pt gold surfer "McPry's Return on 1/31/16"

Shoes176

Post by Shoes176 »

All I can do
Attachments
ohno12.jpg
ohno12.jpg (214.72 KiB) Viewed 7357 times

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Five corpses have been discovered today, each one resulting in a vortex of death appearing in the underground mines.

Through this, we have confirmation that McPry is responsible for the deaths of Dem, Dim, Dom, Pirate Hawkins, Pirate Rochester, and Alastor J. Gordon.

Shortly after their deaths were discovered, pirates began evacuating the caves, running for their lives as the chamber's defense system came online. Power turrets and life detection systems are now active, resulting in the death of many adventurers!

Where did these mechanical devices come from?

Who, or what could be behind it?
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

a nerd

Post by a nerd »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:

Shortly after their deaths were discovered, pirates began excavating the caves, running for their lives as the chamber's defense system came online.

Hmm... excavating or evacuating... ?
..as in are they digging somewhere else ?

Return to “Shard Events”