02-20-2016 1v1 PvP Tournament

A collection and archive of non-player ran, Shard Events.
tiredat52

Re: 02-20-2016 1v1 PvP Tournament

Post by tiredat52 »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:
Sierra wrote:Well, let's solve this shall we.

1. Were other items like banners and trophies able to be stolen in the earlier parts of the event? If so you're right, if not ultra is.
2. Is it true that the pirates insta-aggro'd? If not another +1 to you, if so +1 to ultra.
Silver and trophies could be stolen the entire time (2+ months of event spawns), including during the last battle. Thieves had the biggest advantage actually, because they could snoop a pirate's backpack (humanoid NPCs are easy targets for thieves VS non-humanoid) and grab the trophy/silver without even killing the spawn. Ultra could have literally found a pirate with good loot and lured it off and killed it with something as simple as poison (level 3 spell) or purple potions (no skills required).

Banners were only available during the last day of the event at the massive 24hr battle at Buc's Den. They weighed 15 stones each and a total of 15 spawned throughout the day. 5 out of 15 (33%) of these banners spawned on the ground after a reoccurring boss battle with McPry. 10 (66%) spawned in backpacks of pirates. No, they couldn't be stolen due to their weight. I don't think it was at all unfair to thieves because a thief is more than "100 stealing skill". No character utilizing just 1 skill would thrive during the event and that's how it should be.

All the pirates, with exception to the Captains were 0 armor NPCs with reasonable skills and hit points. Pirate Captains were more on par with something like a lich lord. During the Exodus Chamber event, there were NPCs that required user tactics to default, but you didn't need to be geared to the teeth to do well there. This was also the peak of the event series, it took weeks to build up to it.

Pirates did not instant-agro. They had the exact same agro-rates/speeds as your standard NPC brigand for example.
This event was well planned fun for all. To whine about not being able to steal a banner is an insult to all the hard work Boomland did in putting this on. A thief had many chances to make a fortune as did most every other play style. Anyone who spent time in this event would know that!
"Terrifying vegetarians everywhere"

Punishing Ken

Post by Punishing Ken »

Damn. I slept through the whole event :x

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

The event was very fun, good job Boomland! Not to mention 2 rounds of bag ball right after!

I hadn't planned on joining but I had just finished my dexxer so I went for it lol. Freyja did well for a bit. Now for sleep. More PvP tomorrow!

Gork

Post by Gork »

ultra ... a dexxer won ... now you know . This style is better for dexxers all day. I know as i have won with dexxers and hally mages in these events. I can say its easier to win as the dexxer.