Anyone who has joined UOSA in the past 2 months, plz respond

A place to discuss shard marketing ideas to find players seeking a T2A experience.
Nickodemuse

Anyone who has joined UOSA in the past 2 months, plz respond

Post by Nickodemuse »

How did you decide to choose to play on UOSA?

Nickodemuse

Re: Anyone who has joined UOSA in the past 2 months, plz res

Post by Nickodemuse »

Boredor, Jalopy, pigsticka, your replies would be appreciated.

Gemini

Post by Gemini »

I started in the last 2 months. I started on this shard in particular for 2 reasons.

1) I played UO on great lakes from 1999 - 2002. I always thought Ren killed the game when Trammel was added and everyone could Farm with no fear of attack from PKs. I don't PK but they add a sense of danger and risk to the game that is healthy. This server reminds me of an era when I had the most fun on UO.

2) housing. I always had a small house near the swamp by Trinsic. I always wanted a large brick house. I saw the population was low on this server so I figured I might have a chance at getting a house better than a small. Just yesterday I placed a large brick house. In fact, there is enough additional room that I might collapse the large brick when I have enough money and upgrade to a tower.

I don't think players having 15 houses is healthy for the game. It discourages other new players from joining. Maybe a limit of 3 houses per player would free up a ton of room and encourage other players to start here. It would have to be advertised on reddit or something but maybe on a certain day if half the houses collapsed you could have a massive surge in players?

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Gemini: My loot barely fits into 15 houses, all 125 item pouches. This shard is from 2008, so there's a lot of pixels to be had.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

*slowly raises hand*

Lofwyr

Post by Lofwyr »

Nickodemuse wrote:How did you decide to choose to play on UOSA?
I have played here before, a long time ago, and remembered it fondly for keeping it old school.

Edit:
I think I joined back then on a whim, with a friend. There was some ultima like game we played around that time as well.
Dransik? I think that was the name.
Anyway, fun times, despite neither of us having been really ambitious, or anything. Aka, casual scrubbery galore.

Smackage

Post by Smackage »

i came back after realizing the old events are back in. just trying to remember how to play.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

I've been here a long time but took a two-year break and came back after seeing more events. Plus you can only stay away from UO for so long before it inevitably sucks you back in.

smit9352

Post by smit9352 »

I joined UOSA less than two months ago.

Reason: Anarcho unbanned me.
Derrick wrote:Cavewights accounts were banned for accepting in-game goods for the promise of money.
Kaivan wrote:I wasn't aware that popular opinion was more valued than accuracy.

Ivan99

Post by Ivan99 »

I joined 38 days ago. I previously played on IPY 1 ,2 3, and never could find a similar ruleset server for 2ta UO. Been outta UO for a few years. Always looking to come back but never found a stable 2ta server after IPY died again.

Did some googling to see if there was a classic 2ta shard and stumbled upon this one.
I actually think I read some facebook post or yourtube comment that mentioned uo forever (which i didnt want to play at all) and someone responded with secondage for t2a classic.
Watching old school UO videos and remembering all the fun in 97-99.

So far I am loving every minute of it.

Grofus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Grofus »

Awesome! Welcome to the server Ivan

EyeOfHorus - Today at 12:03 AM
Grofus is the man tho
Vega - Today at 12:03 AM
^ agreed
we need about 5 more Grofy's on UOSA

:D

Resol

Post by Resol »

I played UO 1996-2000 and it was one of the greatest video game experiences of my life. I never officially finished any of the characters I was working on, so I felt I had a lot of unfinished business. It's 2018 and I'm playing a game from 1999, and honestly I couldn't be happier. I googled "free T2A shard" and here I am.

It's actually a lot more fun for me to play with less people online. I can dungeon crawl without being repeat ganked, I can bank without being robbed, I can explore and enjoy the beauty of this world without much grief at all.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

FWIW, I liked this "high hopes" post.

Past two weeks, or so, it seems like you have been struggling, at least a little: will you adapt to adversity, and ultimately overcome it; or will you give-up and walk away?

All of us players (this game, or any other) are real-life people with real-life capabilities, wants and obligations.

UOSA is a great place for you to visit and, perhaps, make a home: be sure of your investment, here (or anywhere, for that matter).

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.