If this shard was desperate for players would you bend......

A place to discuss shard marketing ideas to find players seeking a T2A experience.
randale

If this shard was desperate for players would you bend......

Post by randale »

the T2A era rules slightly, such as allowing commodity deeds and bank checks , for example?

Narcissic

Re: If this shard was desperate for players would you bend..

Post by Narcissic »

Will never happen. Ever
Derrick wrote: It is not our policy to comment on account actions which are taken against players.

An exception should be made in order to counter dishonesty.
Cavewights accounts were banned for accepting in-game goods for the promise of money.

PorkTornado

Post by PorkTornado »

Narcissic wrote:Will never happen. Ever
Damn Straight! I'm not quite sure people understand the meaning behind this shard. Its T2A era! No if, ands, or buts about it. I know not everyone can agree as to what was era accurate, but inserting something that is clearly not in era just to appease the masses only devalues what Derrick and co. are trying to accomplish with the shard. It's true we have the best shard going, with GM's that refuse to change the rules in order to increase population. Changing the rules isnt gonna get more people to play here, there are plenty of shitty custom shards failing already. Would you really wanna play on a shard where those in charge have questionable ethics? There is a reason why certain shards have to reward idleism with in game perks. Yeah people want shit for free, who doesnt! But when you have to actually work to achieve what you want, our sense of instant gratification is out the door. Only those who enjoy that feeling of accomplishment really flourish on this shard because it takes WORK! This shard isn't gonna hand out any participant trophies. Which may be why the population has fell off from its "hay day" and granted some people get older and games become less apart of their lives but such is life. The last thing this shard should do is change its identity. Otherwise it's no better than all the other wannabe T2A shards out there...

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

As silly or odd as it may sound to some (and many still find it hard to believe or won't accept it), UOSA exists to try and recreate a time in UO, not expand on the mechanics or to blend eras.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

randale

Post by randale »

Yes, I know you don't want to go non T2A, but I said if you were desperate, that otherwise the shard would have to close down. Would you just let the shard die? Or let it live in an altered form?

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Thou can not kill what is immortal.

Your question is irrelevant.

Patek
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Patek »

Bank checks you can just use house deeds. I played UOR OSI and i dont find using deeds much if at all fiddlier.

As for commodity deeds, most deals for large resource trades are done at the bank so its not an issue. Transporting them to your house just gate from bank to a patio and drop them over the side or make sure no ones near your house or gate into Serp walls or whatever.

Only non-era thing id look at is maybe stables but meh, plenty of spots and people willing to give them away for nothing :). Oh and 1000 silver GF neons cause yeah, neons are purdy.

Cheers

- Patek

randale

Post by randale »

As for commodity deeds, most deals for large resource trades are done at the bank so its not an issue.
Guessing the way works (since you can't do it all in one trade window, can you?) Is quanities of say, boards are exchanged for several payments of gold

But, if you can drop 200K boards in the trade window, and it return you get a house deed or two and some gold can the deeds be stolen back with a last object steal?

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

Deeds are newbied.

As long as you keep them in your main pack and dont trade on a red, youre fine.

Regardless, there are dozens of ways to secure your trades if youre paranoid.
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

Patek
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Patek »

randale wrote:
As for commodity deeds, most deals for large resource trades are done at the bank so its not an issue.
Guessing the way works (since you can't do it all in one trade window, can you?) Is quanities of say, boards are exchanged for several payments of gold
If youre trading gold for resources usually you just find a quiet place and chuck everything in the transfer window. Once both accept any gold over carry limit and all resources will drop to your feet, but you just pick up whats yours. There is an honesty element, but you can post the trade on the forum, get them to accept the terms on the forum and then do it. Scamming on the forum is not allowed and if they do it theyll get chewed and out and even more so theyll lose the trust of everyone here which pretty much means theyre up sh$t creek if they want to buy/sell later on.

You can trade in serps over the tables at the bank to prevent them stealing/picking up whats not theirs too, but ive done that like twice in hundreds of trades cause its just a fiddle.

Safest thing is dont do trades that are sensitive with people with low to no forum posts or just use a broker (most of the vets will be happy to help) to be the intermediary.

Cheers

- Patek

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

randale wrote:If this shard was desperate for players......
Let me stop you right there...
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

a nerd

Post by a nerd »

If this shard was desperate for players would you bend over for more noobs to pwn ?

FTFY.

Ohm already did. I tricked him..

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

commodity deeds didn't arrive till after uor...bank checks are defo not needed. the few things the would be ok are stable slot limit removed since i played osi from 1997-2001 and never ONCE saw a stable full playing on great lakes and the few random ''era'' bugs like LOS has been added but not multi pot throwing, recalling to water/mid air, placing houses on fish steaks, teleporting in to castle CY (which was also a LOS bug during t2a), Corpsers/reapers paralyzed then they moved, teleporting onto objects, transfering tamed pets to items and many other t2a bugs that existed but haven't been added here.

ref for corpsers / teleporting to castle CY / teleport to object. https://web.archive.org/web/19981212021 ... om/odd.htm

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Jim that is a really nice web archive! I don't believe I've ever read it.

Teleporting to items, be it on water or elsewhere huh! I like that. A version of that does work here, but not on water.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Whereas that archive link is great, there aren't dates associated with those bugs/easter eggs/features nor did that list get updated promptly upon patches from OSI. I remember that list as a player back in the day and trying multiple things on it only to find out it was a) inaccurate or b) fixed.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.