All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: A Sad Day for Me
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:24 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:26 pm
Posts: 141
After speaking with Grofus, I have decided to leave the guild. The only reason I am doing this is because of inactivity of the guild. It seems that I am the only character that is ever online, despite the impressive roster. AoJ tried to help this server, and for a long time, they did. But certain forces of this server decided that it was more important to grief and alienate new players, running them off of the server for good. A week or so ago I spoke to a new player to the server, and new member of AoJ. He said that he had been pked more than 30 times on his very first day of playing and was quitting out of disgust. The people responsible for this know who they are, and I find their behavior puzzling. At the current rate, they will soon be the kings of a dead server. Congrats?


Top
 
These Support SecondAge
Links open a new window.
UOSA Donors & Subscribers do not receive these ads.

 Post subject: Re: A Sad Day for Me
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:01 pm 
Online
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:39 pm
Posts: 11549
No PKs even log in. Stop spreading lies.

_________________
Denis the Menace wrote:
Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.

Jakob wrote:
Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: A Sad Day for Me
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:14 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:26 pm
Posts: 141
Serious question: What will you do when you're the only person left on the server? Find another one to destroy like a plague of locusts?


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: A Sad Day for Me
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:09 am 
Online
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:39 pm
Posts: 11549
You seem emotional. Please remind yourself that this is a game.

_________________
Denis the Menace wrote:
Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.

Jakob wrote:
Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: A Sad Day for Me
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:05 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:26 pm
Posts: 141
You're right, it does make me a little emotional. That's because I love this server and I love the friends that I have made here. So can you answer the question? I am really curious what your answer will be.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: A Sad Day for Me
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:36 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:23 am
Posts: 2048
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Annabell Red wrote:
You're right, it does make me a little emotional. That's because I love this server and I love the friends that I have made here. So can you answer the question? I am really curious what your answer will be.

+1 need to encourage new players to join not drive them off


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: A Sad Day for Me
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:26 am 
Offline
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:27 am
Posts: 120
Annabell Red wrote:
But certain forces of this server decided that it was more important to grief and alienate new players, running them off of the server for good.


So much this.

What we are witnessing is something EA recognized long ago when they instituted the much-maligned Trammel. Left to their own devices, a small number of players could ruin the fun of the majority and drive off their player base and revenue stream. We are now seeing that EA was right.

I think it would be a great experiment to start a sort of "good Samaritan" UO server, where players are somehow rewarded for helping each other, rather than causing endless grief. Pipe dream, I know, but something I've wondered about many times.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: A Sad Day for Me
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:04 am 
Offline
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
User avatar
 ICQ  Profile

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:08 pm
Posts: 433
Annabell,

It truly was sad to see you go, but we have the memories we made together as a guild and keep in mind your guildies are not gone, they just choose to have fun together rather than attempt to turn the tides on this type of griefing behavior anymore. At some point one has to weigh if the effort to topple the griefers is worth it, or to just move on and still enjoy the comradery that we have built up over the years. Its a tough thing to do. At any rate we are still around and most have toons still on SA if you need some help just let us know.

_________________
Image

EyeOfHorus - Today at 12:03 AM
Grofus is the man tho
Vega - Today at 12:03 AM
^ agreed
we need about 5 more Grofy's on UOSA

:D


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: A Sad Day for Me
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:30 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:26 pm
Posts: 141
Miss you Grofus!

<3


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: A Sad Day for Me
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:41 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:59 pm
Posts: 23
I play here everyday. To be honest i check many times during the day to see who is on, maybe a couple days a week there is a pk on, and mainly in the evening. I have been here almost 7 years now and NHG has helped more players than any guild on the shard, I sent many players to AoJ after training and grofus will state that this is true. If this new person claims to have been pk'd 30 times even I find that far fetched. Lets face it folks, PK's have been griefing players since beta, it has been part of the game from the beginning. This is not trammel here folks. I cannot count how many times when i started i was constantly pk'd, did i quit ? Absolutely not. This game has and will always be this way, no one is driving people away by pk'ing people, i will tell you what is. It is all the whining and complaining that goes on in discord. No one wants to hear horror stories or whining constantly, that does not make for a good thing either, Instead of constantly whining and downing the shard , How about people try to build it up. If being pk'd is making people quit, then this game nor any other game that has pk's is a game they should even attempt to be playing. Its a damn game folks and being pk'd is all part of the game and has been for many years. There are games far worse for killing than this one :)


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: A Sad Day for Me
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:47 am 
Online
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:39 pm
Posts: 11549
AngelicaNHG wrote:
I play here everyday. To be honest i check many times during the day to see who is on, maybe a couple days a week there is a pk on, and mainly in the evening. I have been here almost 7 years now and NHG has helped more players than any guild on the shard, I sent many players to AoJ after training and grofus will state that this is true. If this new person claims to have been pk'd 30 times even I find that far fetched. Lets face it folks, PK's have been griefing players since beta, it has been part of the game from the beginning. This is not trammel here folks. I cannot count how many times when i started i was constantly pk'd, did i quit ? Absolutely not. This game has and will always be this way, no one is driving people away by pk'ing people, i will tell you what is. It is all the whining and complaining that goes on in discord. No one wants to hear horror stories or whining constantly, that does not make for a good thing either, Instead of constantly whining and downing the shard , How about people try to build it up. If being pk'd is making people quit, then this game nor any other game that has pk's is a game they should even attempt to be playing. Its a damn game folks and being pk'd is all part of the game and has been for many years. There are games far worse for killing than this one :)

Fucking owned!

_________________
Denis the Menace wrote:
Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.

Jakob wrote:
Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: A Sad Day for Me
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:00 am 
Offline
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
User avatar
 ICQ  Profile

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:08 pm
Posts: 433
Pking isnt the same as griefing. If someone has been pked 30 times in their first day then that is a targeting griefing, not a healthy pk situation. But why beat a dead horse..... Aside from a few, the remaining populous on uosa likes to shit where they lay. Very self destructive actions constantly, and nobody really listens. The only way to turn uosa around is to create excitement and player run events. Create more fun to outweigh the negative. I dont know if this can be accomplished though, I tried when I played here mainly and got tired of fighting off the wolves, so it is what it is.

_________________
Image

EyeOfHorus - Today at 12:03 AM
Grofus is the man tho
Vega - Today at 12:03 AM
^ agreed
we need about 5 more Grofy's on UOSA

:D


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: A Sad Day for Me
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:40 pm 
Online
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:39 pm
Posts: 11549
Grofus wrote:
Pking isnt the same as griefing. If someone has been pked 30 times in their first day then that is a targeting griefing, not a healthy pk situation. But why beat a dead horse..... Aside from a few, the remaining populous on uosa likes to shit where they lay. Very self destructive actions constantly, and nobody really listens. The only way to turn uosa around is to create excitement and player run events. Create more fun to outweigh the negative. I dont know if this can be accomplished though, I tried when I played here mainly and got tired of fighting off the wolves, so it is what it is.

Annabell's puppeteer appears!

_________________
Denis the Menace wrote:
Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.

Jakob wrote:
Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: A Sad Day for Me
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:23 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:26 pm
Posts: 141
Capitalist wrote:
Grofus wrote:
Pking isnt the same as griefing. If someone has been pked 30 times in their first day then that is a targeting griefing, not a healthy pk situation. But why beat a dead horse..... Aside from a few, the remaining populous on uosa likes to shit where they lay. Very self destructive actions constantly, and nobody really listens. The only way to turn uosa around is to create excitement and player run events. Create more fun to outweigh the negative. I dont know if this can be accomplished though, I tried when I played here mainly and got tired of fighting off the wolves, so it is what it is.

Annabell's puppeteer appears!


A tamed morbidly obese gentlemen shows his considerable face!
Sorry, fixed that for you. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings :)


Last edited by Annabell Red on Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 

 Post subject: Re: A Sad Day for Me
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:34 pm 
Online
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:39 pm
Posts: 11549
Annabell Red wrote:
Capitalist wrote:
Grofus wrote:
Pking isnt the same as griefing. If someone has been pked 30 times in their first day then that is a targeting griefing, not a healthy pk situation. But why beat a dead horse..... Aside from a few, the remaining populous on uosa likes to shit where they lay. Very self destructive actions constantly, and nobody really listens. The only way to turn uosa around is to create excitement and player run events. Create more fun to outweigh the negative. I dont know if this can be accomplished though, I tried when I played here mainly and got tired of fighting off the wolves, so it is what it is.

Annabell's puppeteer appears!


A wild fatass appears!

Ban!

_________________
Denis the Menace wrote:
Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.

Jakob wrote:
Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Support Second Age: These links Open in a New Window

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Extended by Karma MOD © 2007—2012 m157y