All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: A Sad Day for Me
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:39 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 5:34 pm
Posts: 878
Capitalist wrote:
Ban!


Hmmm, you say that a lot, these days.

I do see that Annabell edited her original post to (attempt to) spare your rather-emo fragilities: I, also, do imagine that, perhaps, she might be wiser than I am.

#IRL: when I was a little boy, my maternal grandfather advised me, "choose to wrestle with pigs and you can expect to get dirty".

This, um, will undoubtedly make you angry hungry.

BTW, don't get up: I imagine you need to preserve all your energies for your next trip to the refrigerator.

SS

_________________
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:
For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo


FTFY.

SS


uosa44 wrote:
The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.


Last edited by SighelmofWyrmgard on Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
These Support SecondAge
Links open a new window.
UOSA Donors & Subscribers do not receive these ads.

 Post subject: Re: A Sad Day for Me
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:03 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 5:34 pm
Posts: 878
Annabell Red wrote:
After speaking with Grofus, I have decided to leave the guild. The only reason I am doing this is because of inactivity of the guild. It seems that I am the only character that is ever online, despite the impressive roster. AoJ tried to help this server, and for a long time, they did. But certain forces of this server decided that it was more important to grief and alienate new players, running them off of the server for good. A week or so ago I spoke to a new player to the server, and new member of AoJ. He said that he had been pked more than 30 times on his very first day of playing and was quitting out of disgust. The people responsible for this know who they are, and I find their behavior puzzling. At the current rate, they will soon be the kings of a dead server. Congrats?


Please forgive me that I did not review the OP.

Do what you feel is best. If you are resolved to continue-on here, at UOSA, the Silver Serpent Society is willing to extend to you whatever encouragement and supports you might require (certain things, um, not for free, but at "friend" prices; I guarantee). I'm not asking you to join the SSS, merely to learn that you have friends, here; I can't speak for The Gods, but I do know he is a stand-up fellow, and has been known to bend-over-backwards to help players, here.

You do not stand alone: anytime you see "[SSS]", you are looking upon a friend.

SS

_________________
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:
For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo


FTFY.

SS


uosa44 wrote:
The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: A Sad Day for Me
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:02 pm 
Online
 Profile

Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:26 pm
Posts: 133
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
Annabell Red wrote:
After speaking with Grofus, I have decided to leave the guild. The only reason I am doing this is because of inactivity of the guild. It seems that I am the only character that is ever online, despite the impressive roster. AoJ tried to help this server, and for a long time, they did. But certain forces of this server decided that it was more important to grief and alienate new players, running them off of the server for good. A week or so ago I spoke to a new player to the server, and new member of AoJ. He said that he had been pked more than 30 times on his very first day of playing and was quitting out of disgust. The people responsible for this know who they are, and I find their behavior puzzling. At the current rate, they will soon be the kings of a dead server. Congrats?


Please forgive me that I did not review the OP.

Do what you feel is best. If you are resolved to continue-on here, at UOSA, the Silver Serpent Society is willing to extend to you whatever encouragement and supports you might require (certain things, um, not for free, but at "friend" prices; I guarantee). I'm not asking you to join the SSS, merely to learn that you have friends, here; I can't speak for The Gods, but I do know he is a stand-up fellow, and has been known to bend-over-backwards to help players, here.

You do not stand alone: anytime you see "[SSS]", you are looking upon a friend.

SS


Thank you for the kind words. I don't plan on giving up on the server, I love it too much. It just makes me sad that there's so few players to help because of Vega's grief squad "Pixxel Pros." But fret not, I will not give up!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: A Sad Day for Me
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:40 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 5:34 pm
Posts: 878
Annabell Red wrote:

Thank you for the kind words. I don't plan on giving up on the server, I love it too much. It just makes me sad that there's so few players to help because of Vega's grief squad "Pixxel Pros." But fret not, I will not give up!


I'm glad you are happy and willing to 'hang-in'.

To be fair, Vega can not be solely-blamed for driving new players away from UOSA: as PKer, he has demonstrated that he can be a PKing menace and, just, flat-out nuisance, but there remain many griefers still-installed here; if Vega has become a "town-killer", then he must be really bored and lazy.

UO-t2A is/was the best game ever devised, even though it possessed certain deficiencies: complaints must go to Richard Garriott and EA (through a TARDIS to 20 years ago ...).

All I am saying is, the ruleset demands an immense amount of investment simply in start-up: even with guidance, it's tough; without guidance, almost-frustratingly-impossible; UO was the 1st MMO and, 20 years ago, players were willing to divert the investment, and learn.

That, quite simply, can't be expected these days.

I've 'play-tested' other shards (some years ago, I was hoping to find a 'vacation shard', much like, on OSI, creating satellite characters on other game servers; yes, the game is that good; I had wanted to explore subsequent rulesets, and UOSA, haha, had 'spoiled' me): garbage; however popular any server might be, in the absence of any 'true' ruleset, one will log-in to encounter players who are doing nothing more/other than masturbating in front of a mirror … They, certainly, aren't playing UO.

I apologise to all for severity and harsh words (and, um, for 'preaching').

My primary purpose was/is to reassure you that the player-population-condition of UOSA is "not your fault". However, nor is it Vega's.

I do hope that Derrick maintains this project 'forever': UOSA is awesome, and I am so glad that I found it.

SS

_________________
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:
For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo


FTFY.

SS


uosa44 wrote:
The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: A Sad Day for Me
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:29 am 
Online
 Profile

Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:26 pm
Posts: 133
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
Annabell Red wrote:

Thank you for the kind words. I don't plan on giving up on the server, I love it too much. It just makes me sad that there's so few players to help because of Vega's grief squad "Pixxel Pros." But fret not, I will not give up!


I'm glad you are happy and willing to 'hang-in'.

To be fair, Vega can not be solely-blamed for driving new players away from UOSA: as PKer, he has demonstrated that he can be a PKing menace and, just, flat-out nuisance, but there remain many griefers still-installed here; if Vega has become a "town-killer", then he must be really bored and lazy.

UO-t2A is/was the best game ever devised, even though it possessed certain deficiencies: complaints must go to Richard Garriott and EA (through a TARDIS to 20 years ago ...).

All I am saying is, the ruleset demands an immense amount of investment simply in start-up: even with guidance, it's tough; without guidance, almost-frustratingly-impossible; UO was the 1st MMO and, 20 years ago, players were willing to divert the investment, and learn.

That, quite simply, can't be expected these days.

I've 'play-tested' other shards (some years ago, I was hoping to find a 'vacation shard', much like, on OSI, creating satellite characters on other game servers; yes, the game is that good; I had wanted to explore subsequent rulesets, and UOSA, haha, had 'spoiled' me): garbage; however popular any server might be, in the absence of any 'true' ruleset, one will log-in to encounter players who are doing nothing more/other than masturbating in front of a mirror … They, certainly, aren't playing UO.

I apologise to all for severity and harsh words (and, um, for 'preaching').

My primary purpose was/is to reassure you that the player-population-condition of UOSA is "not your fault". However, nor is it Vega's.

I do hope that Derrick maintains this project 'forever': UOSA is awesome, and I am so glad that I found it.

SS


I really wish there were more people like you in-game. I have yet to meet anyone decent, besides Grofus and nyght, and as we all know, Grofus has been driven away. I don't think I have ever had the pleasure of meeting you in game. I hope to some day.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: A Sad Day for Me
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:04 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 5:34 pm
Posts: 878
Annabell,

A riddle: what goes, "clip clop, bang-bang, clip clop"?

An Amish Drive-by …

You have never seen me in-game because I always 'fly under the radar', a talent I perfected on OSI, in-era. I've seen nyght, but not you. I do know that both of you have helped numerous new players, and that is wonderful.

Re: Grofus, ugh, in so many respects he drove himself off UOSA …

For the last year, or so, my own playing has been rather minimal: I got "UO'd-out", and needed a break; RL has demanded much of my time, too.

If either of you need anything at all, shoot me a PM.

Thank you for your kind words.

SS

_________________
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:
For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo


FTFY.

SS


uosa44 wrote:
The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: A Sad Day for Me
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:39 pm
Posts: 11544
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
Annabell,

A riddle: what goes, "clip clop, bang-bang, clip clop"?

An Amish Drive-by …

You have never seen me in-game because I always 'fly under the radar', a talent I perfected on OSI, in-era. I've seen nyght, but not you. I do know that both of you have helped numerous new players, and that is wonderful.

Re: Grofus, ugh, in so many respects he drove himself off UOSA …

For the last year, or so, my own playing has been rather minimal: I got "UO'd-out", and needed a break; RL has demanded much of my time, too.

If either of you need anything at all, shoot me a PM.

Thank you for your kind words.

SS

"I quit because Vega PK'd me and took my perfect sword"

SS

FTFY

_________________
Denis the Menace wrote:
Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.

Jakob wrote:
Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: A Sad Day for Me
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:23 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 5:34 pm
Posts: 878
Capitalist wrote:


FTFY

BTW, dumbass, that's how it's done.

SS

_________________
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:
For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo


FTFY.

SS


uosa44 wrote:
The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Support Second Age: These links Open in a New Window

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Extended by Karma MOD © 2007—2012 m157y