Q & A

A primarily PvM (Player versus Monster) guild welcoming both new and veteran players.

Moderator: violator

violator
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Q & A

Post by violator »

One question that I haven't seen yet, but I kind of anticipate:

Is K^D (or are you) anti-PvP?

Not at all. There will most likely come a time when PvP is a part of what the guild does, especially if we start creating/holding events. All of the best events have a PvP element to them. IDOC camping is another primarily PvP-centric thing that the guild will someday want to be involved in. It would also be great to represent the guild in the shard events, which are also primarily PvP.

My opinion is that for new players especially, unless you're only goal is to do PvP, it's good to get established first (a house, some gold, rares if you're into that, etc...) both the guild as a whole, and also as an individual. Sort of a "walk before you run" approach.
Death smiles at us all, but all a man can do is smile back.

violator
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Q & A

Post by violator »

What happens to donations that the guild receives?

Any gold, deeds, resources, etc... that the guild receives goes towards the guild coffers. This gets used to establish the guild itself, and help members who are in need. A personal goal that I have for the guild, would be to establish a guild town similar to what other guilds had before. The remnants of some of these guild towns can be seen throughout the land. In short, everything donated gets invested in the guild. Loot gained on guild dungeon crawls, etc... would be split up evenly among the members who participated, and it is theirs to do with what they want. Of course if members want to donate some of the spoils to the guild coffers, that is encouraged.

None of the donated stuff goes to me personally.

I will acknowledge any/all donations, and the person who made them in the forum. In the unfortunate event that the guild disbands, any placed houses that were donated will be returned to the donator. Gold, resources, etc... may have already been used, so it would be next to impossible to return those.

violator
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by violator »

What have you (the guild master) contributed towards the guild?

Thus far, I have contributed the following:
  • 4 houses (a tower, two L-shapes, and a small) on a peninsula to make up a small guild town
    Vendor location (purchased for 2 small deeds)
    All of the proceeds from the vendor (so far about 13,000 gps)
Also in progress, I am working on building a stockpile of reagents to be shared for macroing various skills that require them. I am on the lookout for additional properties in good locations as well, though the funds to go toward that are limited at the moment.

violator
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by violator »

What kind of character templates are guild members using?

We accept any of the character templates (bard, crafters, dexxers, tanks, etc...) and we have a variety. That being said, it would be great to get at least one tamer.