Patch 117 Preview on Test Center

News and Announcements
Derrick

Re: Patch 117 Preview on Test Center

Post by Derrick »

Mikel123 wrote:
hiicha wrote: Any reference behind this? Thought we had determined poisons directly drained stamina once HP was below 25%?
Damage directly drains stamina once HP is below 25%. Poison makes damage. Therefore, poison drains stamina below 25% HP. But it's not some sort of "intrinsic" quality of poison. I think that's what he's getting at.
This is correct. Poison was draining stamina directly because we knew it had a huge effect on stamina, but we did not have the correct stamina loss on damage code, which we now do. It was a band-aid until we were able to correct the stamina loss on damage system properly.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Mikel123 wrote:
hiicha wrote:
Derrick wrote:Poison no longer drains stamina directly
Any reference behind this? Thought we had determined poisons directly drained stamina once HP was below 25%?
Damage directly drains stamina once HP is below 25%. Poison makes damage. Therefore, poison drains stamina below 25% HP. But it's not some sort of "intrinsic" quality of poison. I think that's what he's getting at.
I'm still not 100% sold on this as it would seem to not make sense as to why it was specifically mentioned as a benefit of DP (see below).

That statement in the essay could also easily apply to GP or even lesser poison (or even those fire tiles in Covetous for that matter) so I do not know why it was singled out for DP unless there was a unique and additional property of DP.
Deadly Poison damages approximately one part in eight of remaining health every 5 seconds and, when the victim of the Deadly Poison reaches about 25% of total health remaining, the poison starts to take away stamina as well…making it exactly as the name implies…deadly. Curiously enough, the minimum amount of damage this poison can cause is onle 6 points. The poisoned victim will get the "You feel extremely weak and are in severe pain!" messages.
Source

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Kraarug wrote: I'm still not 100% sold on this as it would seem to not make sense as to why it was specifically mentioned as a benefit of DP (see below).
Because DP does such a huge amount of nominal damage, which increases stamina loss almost exponentially.
I really recommend anyone who is curious about the new formula actually go on test center and test this, and respond to actual testing, rather than the change notes above.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Derrick wrote:
Kraarug wrote: I'm still not 100% sold on this as it would seem to not make sense as to why it was specifically mentioned as a benefit of DP (see below).
Because DP does such a huge amount of nominal damage, which increases stamina loss almost exponentially.
I really recommend anyone who is curious about the new formula actually go on test center and test this, and respond to actual testing, rather than the change notes above.
Certainly... as soon as I get out of work.

I was just expressing my concern based on the texts but yeah, I can't wait to test it.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

I have to head off to happy hour in a bit.. so I won't be on as early as I had hoped.

Any feedback yet about the stamina?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The stamina decay on movement from the Pre-T2A OSI code has been put on test center verbatim.
We're not exactly convinced that the drop rate formula is accurate to T2A, and are still looking into it.

Faust

Post by Faust »

The stamina decay will be a good thing but it does seem a bit rather extreme from my recollection.

I have done very little testing with it so this is just my first glance at it so far.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Faust wrote:The stamina decay will be a good thing but it does seem a bit rather extreme from my recollection.
Last I checked this shard was based on replicating era accuracies, not era recollections.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Derrick wrote:We're not exactly convinced that the drop rate formula is accurate to T2A, and are still looking into it.
hiicha wrote:Last I checked this shard was based on replicating era accuracies, not era recollections.
Opinions are why this thread exists. I am looking for a straight face test on these changes, that's why this is on test center and wasn't just implemented without feedback. Recollections are our straight face test for changes, and are appreciated.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Derrick wrote:The stamina decay on movement from the Pre-T2A OSI code has been put on test center verbatim.
We're not exactly convinced that the drop rate formula is accurate to T2A, and are still looking into it.
Horse stamina reduction is a little over the top. It should happen with much more frequency than what we have on live but the reduction on test is rather quick.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

In other news...

Mounts are completely broke on TC...nobody will probably use a mount if the fatigue is left the way it is on TC.

My mount couldn't make it from w brit bridge to moongate before being completely fatigued. I decided to test this, fed my mount 10 pears, then did laps around the mount pen (the one w of w brit stables) to see how long my horse made it, it made 2 laps on the dot....

I'm sure this'll get fixed, if not I think I may be due for my first T2A break as this will be unplayable for everyone but townies.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Mounts have an unlimiited supply of stamina...

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

Faust wrote:Mounts have an unlimiited supply of stamina...
On TC I'm guessing the equivalent of my mounts stamina is that of a character with ~ 5-8 stamina points...a newly created character with 10 stam makes it further than my horse currently

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

After making this claim I made a newbie on test center...it seems stamina itself is draining at a ridiculous rate

My newbie character with 10 stamina made it from Brit Inn to the Jewlers at which point he had to walk.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Again, mounts have unlimited stamina on the test center...