Proposed changes to Tamed creatures

News and Announcements
Derrick

Re: Proposed changes to Tamed creatures

Post by Derrick »

Euph wrote:heh can you give us a day w/ the new stables before you tune the dragons/WW's? hehe
Yes. The test shard will be up all day today.

alatar

Post by alatar »

We are aware that Silver/Dark steeds were never introduced into the game, during no era on the production shards, right? The only server to ever see this was Siege Perilous, with the introduction of the Hero/Evil (Ethics) system. I do not even believe they spawned, they were merely summoned as a part of the "powers" you could yield from having slain an opposing victim..

Euph

Post by Euph »

[quote="Derrick"]Euph wrote:
heh can you give us a day w/ the new stables before you tune the dragons/WW's? hehe

Yes. The test shard will be up all day today.[/quote]

heh I meant on server, so we can stash 50 oldschool dragons/WW's away:D

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

alatar wrote:We are aware that Silver/Dark steeds were never introduced into the game, during no era on the production shards, right? The only server to ever see this was Siege Perilous, with the introduction of the Hero/Evil (Ethics) system. I do not even believe they spawned, they were merely summoned as a part of the "powers" you could yield from having slain an opposing victim..
All the evidence I've seen indicated that these were in game for a very brief time during T2A
Modern Stratics: The Silver Steed
Currently extinct creatures that were introduced with the Good/Evil system for Siege Perilous. For a short while these animals also spawned on regular shards.
This indicates they did exist, although aparently not intentionally:
How can I tell if an item is not allowed?
This is from Oct 1999, so we are sure that the era is right:
Stratics Oct99: Silver Steed

alatar

Post by alatar »

The items listed below were created or obtained through the use of an exploit or bug, and are not able to be obtained or acquired through any legitimate means. They are prohibited within Ultima Online, and players who are found to have, use, trade, or sell them may have action taken against their account.
So with this being said, tell me how adding this monsters into the server is "Era Accurate" ...?

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

throughout my time on atlantic never one time did i ever see a mare EQ, i seen mass curse but NEVER EQ sounds a bit ridiculous to me, and if it is the case that is def the reason they changed it...

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

TwoTon wrote:throughout my time on atlantic never one time did i ever see a mare EQ, i seen mass curse but NEVER EQ sounds a bit ridiculous to me, and if it is the case that is def the reason they changed it...
Yeah. The stratics says they casted 8th circle, EQ was our best guess, but I havn't been able to find any verification of that. We'll likely be taking that out pending verification.
alatar wrote:
The items listed below were created or obtained through the use of an exploit or bug, and are not able to be obtained or acquired through any legitimate means. They are prohibited within Ultima Online, and players who are found to have, use, trade, or sell them may have action taken against their account.
So with this being said, tell me how adding this monsters into the server is "Era Accurate" ...?
Well first off that's an EA statment, not an OSI statement.
Clearly the Dark Steeds and Silver Steeds existed within the Shards or people would not have been able to exploit them into existance. What that means as to how a player might acquire one has not been stated. We have emulated other era bugs and exploits intentionally as we consider them part of the game.

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

i remember seeing silver steeds. somebody brought it out of their stable, walked around brit bank a lot on GL or sell something at the bank, and would stable it again.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Circle 7 and 8 Area Effect damage spells have been removed. With that exception all other changes will be live in morning. Patch notes will publish soon after. No spawns or spawn locations are being changed on restart, that will be addressed later.

Thanks to everyone who posted and tested for the help.

alatar

Post by alatar »

Derrick wrote:Circle 7 and 8 Area Effect damage spells have been removed.
This does not include mass curse correct?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

alatar wrote:
Derrick wrote:Circle 7 and 8 Area Effect damage spells have been removed.
This does not include mass curse correct?
Correct. Mass cure is active for creatures that have the magery level to cast it

platy

Post by platy »

somethings off with the feeding.. pets go grey way too often
they should be at least a little bit more loyal when fully fed (ie. not ignoring commands)
i think this should be tested more instead of diving in.. seems tamers got a major nerf here, although accurate it seems bugged and makes it tuff for tamers to actually keep pets seeing as how they turn on each other after five commands

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

platy wrote:somethings off with the feeding.. pets go grey way too often
they should be at least a little bit more loyal when fully fed (ie. not ignoring commands)
i think this should be tested more instead of diving in.. seems tamers got a major nerf here, although accurate it seems bugged and makes it tuff for tamers to actually keep pets seeing as how they turn on each other after five commands
which helps limit them from having 10 dragons pvping us, instead let them feed 3 to 5 hehe.

platy

Post by platy »

TwoTon wrote:
platy wrote:somethings off with the feeding.. pets go grey way too often
which helps limit them from having 10 dragons pvping us, instead let them feed 3 to 5 hehe.
since there's so many tamers pvping..

platy

Post by platy »

anyways with a high chance of pets turning on each other i doubt you'll ever see a tamer in guards.. seems like a nice way to get guardwacked and lose drags ;p