New my.UOSA site

News and Announcements
Derrick

New my.UOSA site

Post by Derrick »

I've been working on a new my.UOSA to replace our existing site (http://my.uosecondage.com) which will extend a lot of features, and be much more navigable.

I'm a programmer though, not a web designer, and have been having a hard time finding a new design that looks decent, and is usable. I've half decided to simply modify the existing site design to accommodate the new features, but I'd like to clean it up some.

One of the things I really dislike about our existing site is the size of the top header image. While it's not so bad on our main site, it takes up (imo) way too much space on the my.UOSA site.

Would there be any volunteers our there that would heed a call to redesign a top image for the my.UOSA site, one that's about half as tall?
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

leterrien
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: New my.UOSA site

Post by leterrien »

Does anyone recall the little flag icons for each skill on the real my.uo?
I know I've seen one person using the stealing one for an avatar.

You can see the magery one on http://www.uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=53. I dont know if it is alright to use these icons or not, but it would be cool if you could incorporate them.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

leterrien wrote:Does anyone recall the little flag icons for each skill on the real my.uo?
I know I've seen one person using the stealing one for an avatar.

You can see the magery one on http://www.uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=53. I dont know if it is alright to use these icons or not, but it would be cool if you could incorporate them.
Those are excelent. They would be a great replacement for the top three skills on non public characters. Thanks!

I do remember them on the old uo player pages I think.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Yeah they had it setup for top 3 skills on private, and if you were public, you saw all their skills with the appropriate image. Grandmasters in the skill received a little crown or star on the image (can't remember which)

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

RoadKill wrote:Yeah they had it setup for top 3 skills on private, and if you were public, you saw all their skills with the appropriate image. Grandmasters in the skill received a little crown or star on the image (can't remember which)
It was a crown, and I believe it appeared on all flags of GM skills, whether it was a public or private character.

Also, I believe the three flags, in the case of a tie, appeared in alphabetical order of the original names of the skills. Much like, in T2A and for some time after, you could not control what title you had with the skill locks. The first alphabetical skill you GMed was your title... so if you were GM Animal Lore and GM Taming, you'd be a Grandmaster Ranger, not Tamer. You'd have to drop Lore to 99.9 in order to be a Grandmaster Tamer (which some people did!).

I don't care either way; controlling your title in case of a tie is more fun, but having it not controllable is era accurate.

moradin

Post by moradin »

I could do it. I am a graphic artist and web designer. Let me know what you want and I can photoshop it quickly

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

moradin wrote:I could do it. I am a graphic artist and web designer. Let me know what you want and I can photoshop it quickly
Awesome thanks. I'm going to send you what I've done so far.

Return to “Shard News”