UO T2A Cd Download with Patch to 5.0.8.3

News and Announcements
eddierock

Re: UO T2A Cd Download with Patch to 5.0.8.3

Post by eddierock »

alright this is getting weird: apparently it only works if i run razor through the updater.exe file. it's ok though as long as i can play with stones in midi. the psychedelic pointer is kind of cute i'll get used to it.

Kenrick

Post by Kenrick »

Everything seems okay, but for some reason the ctrl-shift trick doesn't work for me with this install. I didn't know how much I relied on it until I couldn't use it anymore. I might have to reinstall the other version again.
Anyone else have this issue?

Guyjeb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Guyjeb »

Derrick wrote:Links at top of thread updated with new torrent download link:
(removed)

Anyone seen the Registration opened? It's been closed every time I attempted to download this file..

-jeb

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

there's a mirror of the torrent on our website, use this one:
(removed)

nick_drake_pacfic

Post by nick_drake_pacfic »

Derrick,
When you say "mirror" what does that mean exactly, because I've been trying to download the torrent since yesterday afternoon, and I'll always get the "can't locate the file" message. But on demonoid it says there are 7 seeders. I too would like to register at Demonoid. I'm downloading the UO Gold version right now -- about 70% done, but last time I tried Gold the file did not work for me. ML download keeps getting interrupted and stopped about 7MB. I was able to download the torrent over Labor Day weekend when I was visting the folks, and that worked great. I'm not very optimisted with the UO Gold download...

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

nick_drake_pacfic wrote:Derrick,
When you say "mirror" what does that mean exactly, because I've been trying to download the torrent since yesterday afternoon, and I'll always get the "can't locate the file" message. But on demonoid it says there are 7 seeders. I too would like to register at Demonoid. I'm downloading the UO Gold version right now -- about 70% done, but last time I tried Gold the file did not work for me. ML download keeps getting interrupted and stopped about 7MB. I was able to download the torrent over Labor Day weekend when I was visting the folks, and that worked great. I'm not very optimisted with the UO Gold download...
The link in my post above should circumvent Demonoid for the purpose of starting the download, the .torrent file itself is on our webserver. f you click the link above, it should fire up your BitTorrent client and begin the download.

The Torrent file is much preferred over the UOGold client, as the UO Gold is client version 4.x and you'll have to patch up, but the torrent is version 5.0.8.3

nick_drake_pacfic

I don't see how the link circumvents. For example, right now, on Demonoid it says there are 10 seeders. But, if I click on your link, Bit Torrent launches and says it can not locate the file...

Thank you for your help, Derrick. It took two weeks to get my laptop PC fixed, and now I've spent two days trying to get this happening... I need my UO fix.

nick_drake_pacfic

Nevermind, Derrick, I'm a noob. I entered the url into "Add Torrent from URL" and that did the trick... Downloading now. I'm almost... there!!!

LargePiece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by LargePiece »

Hmmm, the old midi files are pretty cool. I think my laptop sound card's a bit dodgy though. With multiple clients running, the music goes all crazy and shifts volume up and down real fast.

Previously, I've been using a mix of Ultima VII and UO midis recorded on a roland mt32 from this guys website: http://www.grandgent.com/tom/ultima/
They sound a whole lot better than the crappy midi tables most sound cards come shipped with these days. :)

Kougi

Post by Kougi »

Alright I downloaded from the torrent too, but I got that same message cant find "a suitable UO CliLoc file" and in turn wont auto detect anything when I go to put in the port and server

Kougi

Post by Kougi »

Alright I'm pretty sure I figured out that earlier part... but now I'm havin trouble making an account xD

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Kougi wrote:Alright I'm pretty sure I figured out that earlier part... but now I'm havin trouble making an account xD
If you can, post the message you're getting.
It's possible the account name your trying to create is already in use.

Milford Cubicle
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Milford Cubicle »

Here is what I did to get this up and running, if this helps great!

1) Go to www.utorrent.com and download the torrent downloader there, it only takes like 10 seconds.

2) Find 'Uninstall Mondain's Legacy' within your computer and uninstall Mondain's Legacy.

3) Click on the 'Download: Ultima_Online_T2A_CD_Install_with_Patch_to_5_0_8_3' link Derrick supplied at the beginning of the thread.

4) Copy the URL location then open up Utorrent.

5) In Utorrent, under options, there should be a world with a + in front of it. Click on that and paste the URL you copied into the provided space, then click OK..

6) Once you've downloaded the file, go to 'Completed' on the left hand side of the window, right click your download, and go to 'Open Containing Folder'.

7) Double click 'UO Client Installer' and let it do it's thing, and push OK when done.

8) A new folder should have opened up on the top of the list where you clicked 'UO Client Installer'.

9) Open up that folder, and double click 'SETUP'.

10) Click on Advanced for installation, then Full Setup, this will go swiftly.

11) After all that is done, double click Razor making sure the server name is called uosecondage.com with port number 2593 and push Okay.

12) The screen will fluctuate between small and big. It will end up big, just log in and do your options and everything the way you want.

13) Hope this helps!

dazedman

Post by dazedman »

If you dont want to download a torrent or any other jaz. Just got to my FTP site and download the 5.0.8.3 client package. You can get to it from any web browser using (removed) or you can use a FTP client (removed) and enter server1.thefiebers.com as the Host and click quick connect and download away.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

dazedman wrote:If you dont want to download a torrent or any other jaz. Just got to my FTP site and download the 5.0.8.3 client package. You can get to it from any web browser using (removed) or you can use a FTP client (http://filezilla-project.org/download.php) and enter server1.thefiebers.com as the Host and click quick connect and download away.
Thanks Much! I'll add this to the top of the thread