UO T2A Cd Download with Patch to 5.0.8.3

News and Announcements
Derrick

UO T2A Cd Download with Patch to 5.0.8.3

Post by Derrick »

This is no longer the recommended client download. Click Here for new installer:Subject: Guide : Installing UO and Connecting to Second Age

We've just released the UO T2A cd files with a Patch that will bring the client up to our recommended 5.0.8.3 version via torrent.

Details: (broken link)
Download: Ultima_Online_T2A_CD_Install_with_Patch_to_5_0_8_3

You can download the file directly from our website here: UO_Client_Installer.exe (removed)

This has all the old Graphics, Sounds and Music, as well as the old intro movie and the demo.
It's a must have for all you oldschoolers.

Thanks to Rocks, Helsod, and Genevieve for helping to get this distributed.

It's highly recommended to purge your pc of all other UO clients before installing this one

Onslaught

Re: UO T2A Cd Download with Patch to 5.0.8.3

Post by Onslaught »

I'm terrified to try this again due to the fact that the last time I had an older client i couldnt open more than one client at a time :-(
A.K.A. All Skill

Great Lakes Veteran.

Currently residing on the Cho'gall World of Warcraft server.

http://www.vqguild.net - World class.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Onslaught wrote:I'm terrified to try this again due to the fact that the last time I had an older client i couldnt open more than one client at a time :-(
This will work fine. Works great for me.

RoboGrater

Post by RoboGrater »

Wow... you weren't kidding when you said this would be ready soon. It's exactly what I was looking for, thank you Derrick.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

RoboGrater wrote:Wow... you weren't kidding when you said this would be ready soon. It's exactly what I was looking for, thank you Derrick.
My pleasure.

The "Binary Patch" software I used to make the patch to 5.0.8.3 is a trial of a $499 product which I won't be buying, and has a 5 day expiration. So if anyone wants to get this now is the time. Although the inculded original install CD files will continue to work, I believe after the 5 days you'll have to use uopatch.exe in the installed directory to get patched up to 5.0.8.3, which is a slow and buggy process.

Kenrick

Post by Kenrick »

I don't have any blue button for a lot of my skills. Hiding, meditation, provocation... the list is long. I followed all the directions. Am I the only one having this problem?
how does I bought horse?

Fad

Post by Fad »

no..i have the same
POLISH POWER!

Fad

Post by Fad »

screen
Attachments
screen
screen
POLISH POWER!

qtip

Post by qtip »

this one worked for me a lot better than using the old version then patching. Thanks Derrick.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Kenrick wrote:I don't have any blue button for a lot of my skills. Hiding, meditation, provocation... the list is long. I followed all the directions. Am I the only one having this problem?
Very strange. I'll check the laptop I did the test install on to see if the button exists there.

Are you able to map a key to the skill using razor? And do the buttons for the other skills activate the correct skill?

RoboGrater

Post by RoboGrater »

Okay... I seem to be having the same problem. And to answer Derrick's question, the buttons that are there seem to perform the right skill.

Additionally, the only skills available in the in-game macro options for 'Use-Skill' are the ones that happen to have a blue button. I can however assign a skill that doesn't have a button to a hot-key in Razor and get it to work successfully, such as Hide.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

RoboGrater wrote:Okay... I seem to be having the same problem. And to answer Derrick's question, the buttons that are there seem to perform the right skill.

Additionally, the only skills available in the in-game macro options for 'Use-Skill' are the ones that happen to have a blue button. I can however assign a skill that doesn't have a button to a hot-key in Razor and get it to work successfully, such as Hide.
I found the problem. I hacked the Skills.mul file so that it'd read "Enticement" instead of "Discorance" but i shorted the file by one byte, screwing things up. I'm about to post the correct file to the website for download.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The corrected files, working and tested are available in this zip file:
http://uosecondage.com/misc/skills.zip

Just extract the two files to youe existing UO directory overwriting the current files, if you used the installer, it should be C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\

I'll put together a new distro soon.

Fad

Post by Fad »

thx it works
POLISH POWER!

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

i keep crashing every 10 minutes