Our Vision, The Lost Patch Notes, and Upcoming changes.

News and Announcements
Derrick

Re: Our Vision, The Lost Patch Notes, and Upcoming changes.

Post by Derrick »

There's been quite a bit of testing today and everyone I've talked to seems pleased with the changes. We did do some tweaks last night, so if you tested yesterday you may want to give it another shot.

Currently, the plan is to implement these changes tomorrow.

johttenn

Post by johttenn »

I understand and support all of the changes except to those to spell damage in town. Many of the characters here gm'd resist with little more than the amount of gold they could farm. I support all of the accurate t2a implementations except for this one though. So many characters already have gm'd resist that something should be done to encourage new characters to be able to have the same oppurtunity as vets.

nubblie

Post by nubblie »

"When a thief dies in town, items he stole within the last two minutes will be automatically placed in their owner's backpack. If the owner is not around to receive them, they will fall to the ground."

thats just horrible.. i frown on this change... why implement this both are era accurate, where there to many "trammies" whining?

ahhh chum got my vanq! ahhh boo hoo! i was only carrying it around in my pack like a moron!

to many changes i feel like im playing OSI again... ahhhhhhhhhhh my heads going to explode! I guess its time to start looking for another shard to play on...... and i was just starting to like this one.....

nubblie

Post by nubblie »

Other T2A Era items we should implement:

- Lets go back to white checks and make those stealable
- Using Fields or boxes to get up one level in houses, so I can get on my keep roof
- Tents
- I still can't teleport using the bank door to get on brit bank roof

I will think up some more era accurate suggestions later...

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Bank checks were blessed from the first day they existed, however they were indeed white checks as opposed to the yellow ones that came sometime during Trammel.

Tents were removed within the first 2 months of T2A (they became unplaceable along with all other housing before T2A came out when they began phasing over from the "key owner = house owner" to the "deed placer = house owner" system). As such, it is not a wise idea to take an item which was marked for removval, and was removed within the first 2 months of the expansion's release, and place them into the game as readily placeable items.

As for the rest, if it is possible, these would be very good additions.

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ecetres »

nubblie wrote:Other T2A Era items we should implement:

- Using Fields or boxes to get up one level in houses, so I can get on my keep roof
- Tents

"hats just horrible.. i frown on this change... why implement this both are era accurate, where there to many "trammies" whining?

ahhh chum got my vanq! ahhh boo hoo! i was only carrying it around in my pack like a moron!

to many changes i feel like im playing OSI again... ahhhhhhhhhhh my heads going to explode! I guess its time to start looking for another shard to play on...... and i was just starting to like this one....."
I dont ever remember white checks.

In order to tele onto the britt bank roof you can only be patched the first few patches. If you patch to anywhere close to the 5.x.x.x. you cant do it. Probably the same deal with boxes getting up a level.

Why tents?

Why is the 2 min deal such a big deal? All the thieves I know have hiding capabilities. So just hide for 2 mins or put the stuff in your bank as soon as you steal said items. I think this will just help those who finally kill the thief to get there stuff back only for some one else to come along and loot it, cause that sucks and then your really screwed.

To many changes..... Leaving.......?!
Are you serious? I dont know what you are looking for in a shard, but it must not be the most dedicated staff attempting to recreate the best era of Ultima Online. Good luck on your search to find a better server.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

nubblie wrote: ahhh chum got my vanq! ahhh boo hoo! i was only carrying it around in my pack like a moron!
I have become synonymous with stealing.

For my part, I am not too concerned about guards returning items. Most times they get looted back if the guards show up.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

One of the reasons that we're implementing the item return at this time, besides being accurate to the era, is because of the no spell damage in town changes.

I also never remember checks looking like deeds.

nubblie

Post by nubblie »

Kaivan wrote:Bank checks were blessed from the first day they existed, however they were indeed white checks as opposed to the yellow ones that came sometime during Trammel.

Tents were removed within the first 2 months of T2A (they became unplaceable along with all other housing before T2A came out when they began phasing over from the "key owner = house owner" to the "deed placer = house owner" system). As such, it is not a wise idea to take an item which was marked for removval, and was removed within the first 2 months of the expansion's release, and place them into the game as readily placeable items.

As for the rest, if it is possible, these would be very good additions.

yes checks were always blessed .... i know...

nubblie

Post by nubblie »

ecetres wrote:
nubblie wrote:Other T2A Era items we should implement:

- Tents

"hats just horrible.. i frown on this change... why implement this both are era accurate, where there to many "trammies" whining?

to many changes i feel like im playing OSI again... ahhhhhhhhhhh my heads going to explode! I guess its time to start looking for another shard to play on...... and i was just starting to like this one....."
I dont ever remember white checks.

In order to tele onto the britt bank roof you can only be patched the first few patches. If you patch to anywhere close to the 5.x.x.x. you cant do it. Probably the same deal with boxes getting up a level.

Why tents?

Why is the 2 min deal such a big deal? All the thieves I know have hiding capabilities. So just hide for 2 mins or put the stuff in your bank as soon as you steal said items. I think this will just help those who finally kill the thief to get there stuff back only for some one else to come along and loot it, cause that sucks and then your really screwed.

To many changes..... Leaving.......?!
Are you serious? I dont know what you are looking for in a shard, but it must not be the most dedicated staff attempting to recreate the best era of Ultima Online. Good luck on your search to find a better server.

- checks were once white, but they looked like to many other deeded items so they changed the color so you could tell the difference.

- the 2 min timer isn't a big deal it just sucks, because both are era accurate. the problem that I have is even on a gm thief you get GW more that you succeed. I can get GW stealing a RUNE with noone around and the nearest npc is a whole screen away. being a gm thief im about 40% on success.

- Tents why not? they are era accurate

- Neg on the boxes and the teleport. im only patched to 4.0.11 due to the fact its the fastest running client. I also have AOS and the one you can download from the site installed. My T2A cd wont work because razor wont recognize it and you can login to this shard by editing the login.cfg so i cant verify that client.

- I more than likely wont leave. Just had to rant about it. I have been playing uo off and on since the begging of T2A and little changes like this always seem to ruin a game hence why I dont play OSI anymore, if I had to see another tokono dyed item I was going to shoot myself.

thats all they are just my feeling on some of these suggested changes.. I plan on logging on the test server to see whats going on with magery.

nubblie

Post by nubblie »

ecetres wrote:
I dont know what you are looking for in a shard, but it must not be the most dedicated staff attempting to recreate the best era of Ultima Online.
Sorry left something out of my last post.

Derrick does have the best shard out today. Thats why I vote for it everyday. This was nothing about Derrick, he does a wonderful job running the shard and keeping everything running smooth.

My thing is if its not broke, don't fix it. There were many thing that are era accurate but were changed in the era and made totally different.

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ecetres »

Fair enough :)

BloodyBandage

Post by BloodyBandage »

On the test server now. Anyway to create items such as spellbooks and regs? Or we still have to purchase those.

BloodyBandage

Post by BloodyBandage »

nm, went through gate...damn this is pretty cool ;)

BloodyBandage

Post by BloodyBandage »

Very hard to get a kill shot with Archery. Might be able to Gheal as they equip and get it off before the damage kicks in. I'm sure people will find a way to make this useful. It's more like an Exp now. Accuracy must prevail though ;)