Next Patch Draft: Item Decay, Guard Zones, Reporting Murders

News and Announcements
Derrick

Next Patch Draft: Item Decay, Guard Zones, Reporting Murders

Post by Derrick »

This next patch is kind of big, and there is info and discussion surrounding it throughout the forum. I thought it'd be good to get most of the line items in one place for review.

It's currently planed for this to go live Monday Morning.
  • House placement changes, especially the allowance of placing over "dirt patches", and there may be slight changes to road proximity.
  • The guard behavior changes discussed in: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 6&start=75
    • It no longer matters if the attacker is in the guard zone or not when a crime is committed in the guard zone; If the criminal is in range of the crime location he will be eligible for the guards being called if the crime's location was in town.
    • Looting of corpses will not trigger NPC's calling guards, however the guards may still be called by a player.
    • Poison "ticks" are not attacks, and you will not be guard whacked solely due to them. You can be guard whacked if you poison someone in town, on the initial application of the poison (be it by spell or weapon)
    • There is no LOS for calling guards.
    • In order to call guards on criminal, you must be a witness to the crime.
      • this generally means that you actually saw the message "You see Davy attacking Ringo" or "You see chumbucket trying to steal a mandrake root from your mother"
      • As always, anyone may call the guards on a murderer in town
  • Murder Count eligibility changes:
    • Paralyze and debuff will make you eligible for a murder count
    • You are otherwise not eligible to receive a murder count unless you actually do damage to your victim
    • Creating a Firefield directly on top of somone will make you eligible for a murder count; but having someone walk into your firefield will not.
    • You will be eligible for a murder count on someone you've damaged until that victim is at "full health", dies, or recalls.
      • "Full Health" is now properly defined as not only having all your hit points, but also no longer being paralyzed, poisoned, or debuffed.
  • Mask drops: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17672
  • Item Decay: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18051
    • Newbie items and Body Parts will fast decay (90 seconds) in houses if not locked down, or contained.
    • Body parts will fast decay just like newbie items, even though they are not newbie: Subject: Proposed new changes to item decay in next patch.
    • Note that House Deeds and some Holidays gifts are newbie. Lock them down.
    • Items in house areas which are not actually in the house will be subject to decay: Subject: Proposed new changes to item decay in next patch.
      • This means that items in courtyards, and under tower wings will now decay
    • Decay will not begin on these items until the items are moved; so there is no fear of losing items because you did not find out in time.
    • Faster decay on empty treasure map chests
  • House Contents visibility
    • Passing under a tower wing, or entering a castle/keep courtyard will no longer load the contents of the house.
    • Items under tower wings will be visible without having to enter the house (or previously walk under the wing).
  • Can now track Sea Creatures such as Serpents and dolphins. http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16724
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Sandro

Re: Next Patch Draft: Item Decay, Guard Zones, Reporting Murders

Post by Sandro »

great patch

good fix on the guard topic

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

There's not going to be any intended _or_ inadvertent change to the decay rate of corpses/bones left over after chopping up a corpse, right? The snafu last time with decay rates being changed doesn't need to be repeated ;)

Also, did a quick search and couldn't come up with any results -- whats the dirt patch house placement change/effect going to be? The only thing I found mentioned in any topics was not being able to place the foundation on a dirt patch..... is that it?

rouss

Post by rouss »

Derrick, just a gentle reminder of what I told you some time ago over IRC: masks coming from tmap chests could have some magic properties on them (like any other magic clothing). Also, current namings of magic effects are incorrect. Say, "of nightsight" should be "of night eyes", "of magic reflection" = "of spell reflection", etc. Moreover, magic armor also sometimes had magic properites (ex. "a chainmail coif of guarding and agility (13) charges").

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Dagon wrote:There's not going to be any intended _or_ inadvertent change to the decay rate of corpses/bones left over after chopping up a corpse, right? The snafu last time with decay rates being changed doesn't need to be repeated ;)
Aye, that's correct. This type of decay only applies to items which are not "movable", corspes which are the loot containers are handled entirely differently and there has been no change to that.

This does however apply to all lift-able body parts which derive from corpses, including rib cages, liver, skull, brain, etc...
Dagon wrote:Also, did a quick search and couldn't come up with any results -- whats the dirt patch house placement change/effect going to be? The only thing I found mentioned in any topics was not being able to place the foundation on a dirt patch..... is that it?
Currently those "dirt patches" can block placement, that will no longer be the case. That's it.

I want to thank Kryptonical for many tens of hours of work put in mapping out all the roads of Britannia to make this work.
rouss wrote:Derrick, just a gentle reminder of what I told you some time ago over IRC: masks coming from tmap chests could have some magic properties on them. Also, current namings of magic effects are incorrect. Say, "of nightsight" should be "of night eyes", "of magic reflection" = "of spell reflection", etc. Moreover, magic armor also sometimes had magic properites (ex. "a chainmail coif of guarding and agility (13) charges").
Aye, thanks. If we do implement this it likely won't be mentioned in patch notes; things like these are much more fun to discover on your own.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Mephilic

Post by Mephilic »

What about items that was suspended in air, or are stocked piled on top of each-other will have to worry about this being an unintentional outcome of the patch?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Mephilic wrote:What about items that was suspended in air, or are stocked piled on top of each-other will have to worry about this being an unintentional outcome of the patch?
Aye, you likely will have to worry about these.

All the current patch is live on test center if testing needs done (there is no grace period on test either)

Blackbeard

Post by Blackbeard »

Great patch but I'm going to have to contend against one thing, possibly two:
Derrick wrote:Looting of corpses will not trigger NPC's calling guards
I'm going to assume this is from the source code but this doesn't sound accurate at all, regardless.
Derrick wrote:You will be eligible for a murder count on someone you've damaged until that victim is at "full health", dies, or recalls.
So as long as I don't die or recall, I can count someone for murder six hours after they attack me if I remain below 100 health, or does the 2 minute break from combat still count?

After reading the thread you pointed to, I hope this doesn't mean I can call guards on someone in the wilderness by recalling into town ! It makes sense that you can call guards on someone if they are attacking you while you're in a justice region or very close to one (as in right next to the line), though.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Subject: Patch 129 - May 4, 2010: Guards, Murder Counts, Decay

You must be in town to call guards.

Revised the line about muder count eligibility:
  • You will be eligible for a murder count on someone you've damaged until combat expires, that victim is at "full health", dies, or recalls.
Thanks!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Derrick wrote:Subject: Patch 129 - May 4, 2010: Guards, Murder Counts, Decay

You must be in town to call guards.

Revised the line about muder count eligibility:
  • You will be eligible for a murder count on someone you've damaged until combat expires, that victim is at "full health", dies, or recalls.
It was found that looting corpses had two unique characteristics, it did not trigger the NPC's to call guards, nor was it requied that the player that did call the guards be a witness to the looting. Maybe they did this so that the player who was looted could call the guards when he got back to his corpse. It's only speculation on the why, but this was found in the code and tested in the demo.

Thanks!

Return to “Shard News”