The Next Patch Info

News and Announcements
niqeo

Re: The Next Patch Info

Post by niqeo »

Here is a question then, Say I was a newbie Blue PKer TOO afraid to go RED because I was not man enough. With this patch, I can now be RED and macro off all my "short term" murders and NOT lose any stats?

If you are RED and you pop into my screen, chances are my Magic Arrow has already hit you so you are not getting a count anyway. But I just initiated the fight so you can full blown TRY to off me without any worry of if you get killed because you can just run back rez without statloss and hope for the next guy to not be as good.

On the other hand, I do see less killing to claim the hunting area, with the wannabe PK that can macro off in 8 because hes waiting 40 now per kill. So now I can feel SAFE around REDs AND Blues. Darn! I kinda like the fact that "I had to be on my toes at all times, because you never know who is out to you" Now I will be able to tell the blue characters from the trash/True Murderers (that are now catagorized with the trash) as you won't be able to tell the difference being a new player.

To be honest I have always played the Role of the Blue. I don't cheap kill people for their hunting spot and macro it off for 8 hours, but I love the fact that someone can do this to me. If I am not on my guard, it is my fault for dying to a newb like this. Any TRUE RED knows that regardless who fires first, the best come out on top. But Cool, now they can save the half second flagging to try to pull some victims into their traps and get healed by all their friends and try claiming 'RED'

Faust

Post by Faust »

niqeo wrote: Oh, you can read? Excellent!
Apparently there is some whom can't.
Derrick wrote: 5k will be the max a person can post on a bounty for a single kill.

alatar

Post by alatar »

Faust wrote:
niqeo wrote: Oh, you can read? Excellent!
Apparently there is some whom can't.
Derrick wrote: 5k will be the max a person can post on a bounty for a single kill.
you just made a stupid post, derrick cleared this up AFTER he posted the original post..

Zim

Post by Zim »

niqeo wrote:Here is a question then, Say I was a newbie Blue PKer TOO afraid to go RED because I was not man enough. With this patch, I can now be RED and macro off all my "short term" murders and NOT lose any stats?

If you are RED and you pop into my screen, chances are my Magic Arrow has already hit you so you are not getting a count anyway. But I just initiated the fight so you can full blown TRY to off me without any worry of if you get killed because you can just run back rez without statloss and hope for the next guy to not be as good.

On the other hand, I do see less killing to claim the hunting area, with the wannabe PK that can macro off in 8 because hes waiting 40 now per kill. So now I can feel SAFE around REDs AND Blues. Darn! I kinda like the fact that "I had to be on my toes at all times, because you never know who is out to you" Now I will be able to tell the blue characters from the trash/True Murderers (that are now catagorized with the trash) as you won't be able to tell the difference being a new player.

To be honest I have always played the Role of the Blue. I don't cheap kill people for their hunting spot and macro it off for 8 hours, but I love the fact that someone can do this to me. If I am not on my guard, it is my fault for dying to a newb like this. Any TRUE RED knows that regardless who fires first, the best come out on top. But Cool, now they can save the half second flagging to try to pull some victims into their traps and get healed by all their friends and try claiming 'RED'

HUH? Any red or grey could still try to lure you into a trap, in fact if the system stays the way it is, with this server growth, I would expect that to be common anyways. A murderer is always something to be feared, as long as we aren't in trammel that is.

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

BlackFoot wrote:i vote for 40 hr counts and short terms, beinga red guy runnin around is fun :P
this is why its a bad idea.

no offense black :O

Kid Steeze

Post by Kid Steeze »

I still dont understand this new stat loss thing I need a more in depth stupid person look at it.

BloodyBandage

Post by BloodyBandage »

Kid Steeze wrote:I still dont understand this new stat loss thing I need a more in depth stupid person look at it.
I think Derrick and others did a good job answering but I'll take a crack at it as well. Thanks for the continued work on the shard btw.

The old system has an 8 hour decay for one murder. After 5 murders you become red and enter stat loss. If you don't want to incur stat loss you must be under the 5 murders, whether 4 or 0 murders. If you want to have zero murders you must wait 40 hours of gameplay (8 hours per murder x 5 murders = 40 hours). Under this old system blue's could potentially kill you, and macro 8 hours a night without ever becoming red if they limit themselves to one to two kills a day. Since killing you = 8 hours of macroing off the kill. This now changes with the new system. Old system = IF YOU ARE RED YOU ARE IN STATLOSS BECAUSE THERE IS ONLY ONE TIMER, SHORT TERM MURDERS SET AT 8 HOURS PER KILL.

Under new system: Short term murder counts are still set at 8 hours. The same rules apply above with one major change. YOU CAN BE RED WITHOUT BEING IN STATLOSS BECAUSE ONE TIMER IS FOR 8 HOURS TO DETERMINE YOUR PENALTY, and the 40 HOUR TIMER IS SET TO DETERMINE HOW LONG YOU WILL BE RED FOR. This is how it was and not really up for discussion but I will shed more light on this. Each time you murder a player you will receive an 8 hour short term and a 40 hour longterm. If you have killed 10 players you would have 80 hours of short term, penalties (10 murders x 8 hours =80) and 400 hours of being red, aka longterm (10 murders x 40 hours= 400). Anything over 40 hours of short term, 5 kills, equals stat loss. You can effectively macro or play off 8 of those hours leaving you with 32 hours of short term, 4 kills, which does not equal stat loss, but you will be red because of your longterm counts (4 x 40 = 160 hours left until you are blue).

What this change does: It virtually eliminates blue pks. You can not kill one person a day and macro off, since there are only 24 hours in a day and each kill is 40 hours worth of being red. Risk and reward factor in more in this equation. Not all reds will be PKS. People in this era went red for people to attack them.

Conclusion: Whether you are in stat loss or "Perma red" (term given to non stat loss reds that had tons of hours to macro before going blue) being red will still invoke fear into other players if they aren't familiar with your character. You will quickly learn which characters are truly player killers and which ones are doing it for more pvp action. This new system is great and most players begged for it to be changed. Being red in this game isn't easy, regardless of stat loss or being perma red. Have no fear, being stat loss, perma red, or even grey makes this game that more interesting.

Faust

Post by Faust »

alatar wrote: you just made a stupid post, derrick cleared this up AFTER he posted the original post..
Derrick has already previously stated that it was 5k limit for posting a bounty before the post in this thread. My statement stands.

Thanks,

Morbent Fel

Post by Morbent Fel »

Kid Steeze wrote:I still dont understand this new stat loss thing I need a more in depth stupid person look at it.
Short term murders = statloss, 8 hour decay time.
Long term murders = being red, 40 hour decay time, doesn't count towards statloss.

So now, blues cannot just randomly murder people and keep a clean name.

Kid Steeze

Post by Kid Steeze »

BloodyBandage wrote:
I think Derrick and others did a good job answering but I'll take a crack at it as well. Thanks for the continued work on the shard btw.

The old system has an 8 hour decay for one murder. After 5 murders you become red and enter stat loss. If you don't want to incur stat loss you must be under the 5 murders, whether 4 or 0 murders. If you want to have zero murders you must wait 40 hours of gameplay (8 hours per murder x 5 murders = 40 hours). Under this old system blue's could potentially kill you, and macro 8 hours a night without ever becoming red if they limit themselves to one to two kills a day. Since killing you = 8 hours of macroing off the kill. This now changes with the new system. Old system = IF YOU ARE RED YOU ARE IN STATLOSS BECAUSE THERE IS ONLY ONE TIMER, SHORT TERM MURDERS SET AT 8 HOURS PER KILL.

Under new system: Short term murder counts are still set at 8 hours. The same rules apply above with one major change. YOU CAN BE RED WITHOUT BEING IN STATLOSS BECAUSE ONE TIMER IS FOR 8 HOURS TO DETERMINE YOUR PENALTY, and the 40 HOUR TIMER IS SET TO DETERMINE HOW LONG YOU WILL BE RED FOR. This is how it was and not really up for discussion but I will shed more light on this. Each time you murder a player you will receive an 8 hour short term and a 40 hour longterm. If you have killed 10 players you would have 80 hours of short term, penalties (10 murders x 8 hours =80) and 400 hours of being red, aka longterm (10 murders x 40 hours= 400). Anything over 40 hours of short term, 5 kills, equals stat loss. You can effectively macro or play off 8 of those hours leaving you with 32 hours of short term, 4 kills, which does not equal stat loss, but you will be red because of your longterm counts (4 x 40 = 160 hours left until you are blue).

What this change does: It virtually eliminates blue pks. You can not kill one person a day and macro off, since there are only 24 hours in a day and each kill is 40 hours worth of being red. Risk and reward factor in more in this equation. Not all reds will be PKS. People in this era went red for people to attack them.

Conclusion: Whether you are in stat loss or "Perma red" (term given to non stat loss reds that had tons of hours to macro before going blue) being red will still invoke fear into other players if they aren't familiar with your character. You will quickly learn which characters are truly player killers and which ones are doing it for more pvp action. This new system is great and most players begged for it to be changed. Being red in this game isn't easy, regardless of stat loss or being perma red. Have no fear, being stat loss, perma red, or even grey makes this game that more interesting.
thanks for explaining it so well I understand what and how it works now.

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ecetres »

Good stuff it will be nice to know who is truly red and who is not. I dont know what i think about the stamina stuff though.

Rollercouli

Post by Rollercouli »

So will it be possible to be red without statloss? cause im slow with numbers like this.

It would own. Like i said before i am someone who wants to jump back into action if i would happen to be ganked or something, not stand still for days in ghostmode.

Rollercouli

Post by Rollercouli »

(couldnt find the edit button)

Added to that, i believe that the person who came up with the statloss thing on reds must have been the first trammy of uo. Why? ill back this up.

Take for instance a guild war, a red in the guild gets ganked and then has the problem that if he gets ressed by a guildy is emediatly weaker, or hes emediatly out of the game, looks to me someone was simply scared of the reds and likes ganking much. How can you have any decent pvp (wich already has enough setbacks such as losing your gear, your regs your mount your time (getting it all again) your honor and your head (bounty) if you cant even jump back into the fight to take revenge? What is so fun about standing as a ghost for hours after being killed a single damn time. To me that is a rule "against" pvp rather than anything that balances it.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Rollercouli wrote:(couldnt find the edit button)

Added to that, i believe that the person who came up with the statloss thing on reds must have been the first trammy of uo. Why? ill back this up.

Take for instance a guild war, a red in the guild gets ganked and then has the problem that if he gets ressed by a guildy is emediatly weaker, or hes emediatly out of the game, looks to me someone was simply scared of the reds and likes ganking much. How can you have any decent pvp (wich already has enough setbacks such as losing your gear, your regs your mount your time (getting it all again) your honor and your head (bounty) if you cant even jump back into the fight to take revenge? What is so fun about standing as a ghost for hours after being killed a single damn time. To me that is a rule "against" pvp rather than anything that balances it.
The guild war and O/C system is designed so that players may PvP without taking murder counts or becoming criminal. The stat loss system is in place because it's era accurate, stat loss was a part of the game before and throughout the T2A era. It seems the solution to the above scenario is not to PvP in guild wars with red characters that are in stat loss. If you have less that 5 short term counts, and 5 or greater long term counts then you will still be red, but will not take stat loss upon death. You can check these counts at any time by saying "i must consider my sins"

Rollercouli

Post by Rollercouli »

Derrick wrote:
Rollercouli wrote:(couldnt find the edit button)

If you have less that 5 short term counts, and 5 or greater long term counts then you will still be red, but will not take stat loss upon death. You can check these counts at any time by saying "i must consider my sins"
Ok, so how do you manage having less than 5 short terms if you get short terms on every kill, you know what kind of system i would prefer? (and what would deal with blue pks aswell, even though its not "accurate to the era")
anything below 5 LTK (red) having statloss, and above being "perma red" wich you can buy off with 1mil on a vendor, this would be a goldsink to the fools that got red and dont have the balls to be red, and would keep the action on all those that do like the pk playstyle.

How does it sound?