The Next Patch Info

News and Announcements
Derrick

The Next Patch Info

Post by Derrick »

This is the proposed final list of changes that will be applied in the "Last Big Combat Patch"

We've set up a test server so that players may test and give feedback on these changes
Server: test.uosecondage.com
Port: 2593
  • Archery will have a one second delayed damage
  • Mounts will lose stamina while running, you will receive a warning when their stamina is low
  • Mounts will not be able to move if out of stamina, you may feed a mount like any pet to restore stamina.
  • Players will lose stamina when running
  • Players will be able to walk at one stamina, but will not be able to run until 5% stamina
  • You will lose stamina fast if you try to run when slightly overloaded, you may still walk when slightly overloaded.
  • The cool-down timer between weapon swings will no longer advance while you are moving.
  • Spell recast delay of 0.5 secs, down from 0.75 and applied to interrupted and fizzled spells
  • "You have not yet recovered from casting a spell." message removed.
  • Spell animation timings corrected
  • Explosion Spell delay down to 2.0 seconds from 2.5 seconds
  • Summon and Unsummon animations for creatures
  • Variable Weapon swing animation based on stamina
  • Archery timer restarts on equip if your swing is not ready.
  • Can resurrect in houses
  • NPC Healers cannot resurrect in houses
  • Cap of 5000 gold for bounties
  • Long Term Murder counts enabled. Long term counts do not count towrds stat loss and only cause you to be red, they will decay per 40 hours of game play.
  • Upward adjustment to magic items in high end monster loot.
  • There will be a (very) short prep time when equipping a weapon
This patch expecially the prep time bring in many era accuarte "features" of T2A combat which will likely require some getting used to. Please log into test center, check it out. There are some supplies in the jhelom pit for testing.

venox

Re: The Next Patch Info

Post by venox »

arg alot of things seem to slow down a dexxer. but i can see how the interrupt timer would probable even it back up again.
so theoretically i can see this working.

and im not totally clear of the restart of the archery timer thingy. ill have to test that.
does that mean if you swing with a melee wep and swap to a heavy you will have to wait for the time of a heavy xbow to elapse before you can fire. i hope not!
if so this will make archery redundant.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

venox wrote: and im not totally clear of the restart of the archery timer thingy. ill have to test that.
does that mean if you swing with a melee wep and swap to a heavy you will have to wait for the time of a heavy xbow to elapse before you can fire. i hope not!
if so this will make archery redundant.
Aye. This was the case for all weapons in a 12/16/97 patch, but it was removed for all weapons but archery on Feb 2 1999.
If you equip a bow "early" you will have to wait the whole swing delay on the bow.

venox

Post by venox »

arg this bites, it was because of this that i have archery on about 4 or so characters. and has been my favorite feature as a dexxer in pvp. and now it will be gone :(

you sure this was the case???

this really does make archery hard to utilize as a secondry weapon/ you might as well chase them down in that time, which at times is impossible. and is already redundant as a primary weapon.

Morbent Fel

Post by Morbent Fel »

venox wrote:arg this bites, it was because of this that i have archery on about 4 or so characters. and has been my favorite feature as a dexxer in pvp. and now it will be gone :(

you sure this was the case???

this really does make archery hard to utilize as a secondry weapon/ you might as well chase them down in that time, which at times is impossible. and is already redundant as a primary weapon.
This^ :<

Imp

Post by Imp »

The game will be definitely ruined without being able to shoot speed 10 top damage weapon, as if it was speed 40 =)

We know that "mad uo pvp skillz" were mostly based on server/client loopholes.
I hope, that the spirit of "era authentity" does not mean we should keep them all.

Zim

Post by Zim »

IF you equip the heavy AFTER the 1.2 second katana timer, the bow will still instant shoot.

YOU JUST CANT HAVE A TIMER CURRENTLY.

Just makes you have a little more skill.

If Im wrong about this Derrick please correct me.

venox

Post by venox »

no you are correct.
if you are refreshed, you can equip a bow and instantly shoot.

but that is pretty damn hard to do in a battle if you hit it too early to get the gump, too late and they are gone.plus you have to consider that latency problems you have.
i dont care how "skilled" you are, you will be having trouble with archer in pvp.

im all for accuracy. but at the same time i dont like it.
why did they have to do this during t2a!!!!

im my oppinion mages that already own, will be owning even more.

niqeo

Post by niqeo »

[quote="Derrick"]This is the proposed final list of changes that will be applied in the "Last Big Combat Patch"
[*]Cap of 5000 gold for bounties
[*]Long Term Murder counts enabled. Long term counts do not count towrds stat loss and only cause you to be red, they will decay per 40 hours of game play.
quote]

Why are we messing with this? This just allows the unskilled player to become a greifer for 90% of their day instead of on occasion. This is why I love this server and HATE divinity. Divinity has a bunch of newbie wannabe PKs and they can kill the new players over and over while trying to enjoy and figure out all the good aspects of the server. Besides I thought being a Bad @ss Red PK was a priveledge and there honestly during this era was not a "Majority" thing. I dont recall running around seeing reds on almost every screen everywhere i went during this era (except my brother). I will be leaving along with everyone i play with (only about 10 at the moment) when or if this is implimented.

bOmb

Post by bOmb »

GREAT!!!

Long terms, spell delay resets, faster explosion delay...

Only thing I need to get used to is archery delay, but I totally love these changes.

Ill be on test all night when I get back from school testing em out.

getan

Post by getan »

niqeo wrote:
Derrick wrote:This is the proposed final list of changes that will be applied in the "Last Big Combat Patch"
[*]Long Term Murder counts enabled. Long term counts do not count towrds stat loss and only cause you to be red, they will decay per 40 hours of game play.
quote]

Why are we messing with this? This just allows the unskilled player to become a greifer for 90% of their day instead of on occasion. This is why I love this server and HATE divinity. Divinity has a bunch of newbie wannabe PKs and they can kill the new players over and over while trying to enjoy and figure out all the good aspects of the server. Besides I thought being a Bad @ss Red PK was a priveledge and there honestly during this era was not a "Majority" thing. I dont recall running around seeing reds on almost every screen everywhere i went during this era (except my brother). I will be leaving along with everyone i play with (only about 10 at the moment) when or if this is implimented.
Good. Run away with your tail tucked...

This keeps people from playing the line. Either your a red, or your not.

akeba

Post by akeba »

niqeo wrote:
Derrick wrote:This is the proposed final list of changes that will be applied in the "Last Big Combat Patch"

Huh? Longterm murder counts will cut down on random PKs! As it is now, any blue player can kill 3 people a day and macro off the counts. This means you never know if the person with a blue name that just popped on screen is a pker or not. Red names will change this. I for one would enjoy lots of new reds on the prowl.. would mean I could pk them and stay blue!

Arcanus

Post by Arcanus »

"You have not yet recovered from casting a spell." message removed.

Why? I thought we used to get this message back in the day.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

niqeo wrote:Why are we messing with this? This just allows the unskilled player to become a greifer for 90% of their day instead of on occasion. This is why I love this server and HATE divinity. Divinity has a bunch of newbie wannabe PKs and they can kill the new players over and over while trying to enjoy and figure out all the good aspects of the server. Besides I thought being a Bad @ss Red PK was a priveledge and there honestly during this era was not a "Majority" thing. I dont recall running around seeing reds on almost every screen everywhere i went during this era (except my brother). I will be leaving along with everyone i play with (only about 10 at the moment) when or if this is implimented.
This isn't a removal of stat loss, this is the addition of a long term counter. There's no change to the short term 8 hour counter or to stat loss.

alatar

Post by alatar »

when is the date for this? +1 for long/short terms