Weapon Swing delays and Archery trial on Test Center

News and Announcements
Faust

Re: Weapon Swing delays and Archery trial on Test Center

Post by Faust »

The only true experience without a 3rd party app for UO is the first half of pre-t2a. I would never consider this being the case for t2a. Just because UOE, UOP, and UOA was illegal at that time doesn't mean that 90+ percent of the population didn't use them. The same goes for EZ Macros through out the entire time of UO that was also illegal to use. T2A is well known for the era that first used 3rd party apps on an industrial scale.

Slade

Post by Slade »

Faust wrote:The only true experience without a 3rd party app for UO is the first half of pre-t2a. I would never consider this being the case for t2a. Just because UOE, UOP, and UOA was illegal at that time doesn't mean that 90+ percent of the population didn't use them. The same goes for EZ Macros through out the entire time of UO that was also illegal to use. T2A is well known for the era that first used 3rd party apps on an industrial scale.
I was quite irritated the day my UOA demanded the $15 fee and removed some of its best features.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Interestingly enough, with regard to the emergence of major 3rd party programs, UOA pre-dated T2A. The first logs of changes to UOA are from around August of 98, a couple of months before the release of the T2A expansion. So, 3rd party applications have been around for quite a long time.

platy

Post by platy »

I'm not disputing that, just stating that not everyone NEEDED 3rd party progs to PVP..
All I used before UOR was UOLOOP which was an extremely simple macro program that allowed me to not have to "wedge" my keys for macros.
Regardless of their common usage: as I said a long time ago, I don't really ever remember having to continously tab from fighting mages OR dexers. Just occasionally I would tab if i wasn't already tabbed to initiate the combo I've previously stated.
It's nbd we all remember different things, as well as used different methods and playstyles.. i guess it's what made uo so diverse

blister

Post by blister »

I remember creating semi-complicated macros by using multiple UOloop and timing my delays for each starts..

good thing we have better macro tools now :)

Return to “Shard News”