Weapon Swing delays and Archery trial on Test Center

News and Announcements
platy

Re: Weapon Swing delays and Archery trial on Test Center

Post by platy »

thank YOU for finally getting what I am trying to say.. i was honestly feeling like I was the only one who felt something was off.. but wasnt sure how to word it.
please keep us updated on the findings

Faust

Post by Faust »

Your initial arguement on the matter earlier in this thread was this.
platy wrote: thats funny Kavian.. because the autodefend does NOT coincide with the method I used to gain magic resist on OSI..
I would attack a lich and have my friend heal me.. with another char literally ebolting me.
I'd tab out and that was the end of their flagging to me.. even the lich who spammed shit spells on me.
this is incredibly weird and I don't remember it, even remotely.. holding instahits was a tactic amirit?
It wasn't until your post yesterday that you finally brought up a valid point for auto defend. The new findings doesn't change much besides adding more aggressive actions that will make you auto defend. You can still re-attack an individual to make them auto defend if they tab out since it is considered an aggressive action.

I never thought you were the only one feeling like something was off for this. I also felt there was something incorrect with it. I don't ever recall having to re-attack someone over and over. I figured it felt like that possibly because of the attack last macro that has made 3rd party apps evolve since '99.

My first proposal to fix this issue was a spam delay. Quite similar to the spam filter for speech. Where if you would hold attack last macro down that it would throw up a spam filter blocking any further requests until the added requests would subside. This would eliminate a loop macro and people who repeatedly tried doing it.

platy

Post by platy »

Yea, the problem with PVP back during t2a is fights RARELY lasted more than 30-60 seconds.. every fight consisted of removing reflect, loading explosion, then usually followed with arming before the explosion hit to deal hally and explosion damage simultaneously.. Either that or the Explosion/FS combo was pretty common too- people did damage ASAP and people dropped so fast it was rare to get more than a few instahits. Hence it was hard to tell if the targets were switching or not.

But yes, I honestly don't remember dealing with autodefend while I was training my resist.. probably it DID happen; or maybe I chose a target to attack so it never switched.. I don't remember, but I never killed the lich or my friend- which is why it worked so well.

platy

Post by platy »

Duh.. i finally figured out why it's so weird.. OBVIOUSLY there was nobody (maybe those with UOEx) with the attacklast macro.. so nobody would just start attacking after I already tabbed out.. since maybe only a couple of people in all UO actually dbl clicked constantly to take away their opponents instahits..
I guess razor is to blame for the loss of the true t2a pvp feeling here D:

shaunh

Post by shaunh »

I'm seriously doubting the credibility of alot of this servers players. The auto-attack feature was not in UOA or UOeXtreme. Considering I still have my Copy of UOeXtreme, I can verify this. UOassist, I used at the time and did not have this feature either, though I cannot prove this at the current time. I do very clearly remember having a good use for cheap explo potions from the mage shops, and this was to explo spam (uoeXtreme feature), for those that don't know what this means, it basically forces someone to attack back (usefull when someone is hiding or getting ready to insta hit with x weapon). Though this razor program gives a little lack of balance on the old ways, there is some logic in not changing it. Keep up with the times, use it yourself. The enemy can't insta hit while spamming auto-attack can they? Ohh no, what will we do! It seems as if both sides get equally damaged by one players actions! Seriously, the cruelty, lol.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

shaunh wrote:I'm seriously doubting the credibility of alot of this servers players.
Yes, well, shaunh, I doubt the credibility of someone who used an illegal hack programme with capabilities of detecting hidden people without the skill, fastwalk, etc etc etc.

Cry plz.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Fastwalk was the best implementation any 3rd party app feature ever introduced. I would hardly call it a hack on the lines of being unfair. All it did was manipulate the packets to make you run smoothly at full speed. It was the only time in the history of UO that a person could move as if they had 0 ping. Anything that makes a person on 56k move at the same speed as someone on cable or dsl should hardly be considered a hack. Being rendered by your connection on how fast you move is simply stupid and bad designing in the game. Fastwalk for UOE was nothing like speed hack or any of those other stupid speed boost programs that came about later in UOR.

Redbeard72

Post by Redbeard72 »

Faust wrote:Fastwalk was the best implementation any 3rd party app feature ever introduced. I would hardly call it a hack on the lines of being unfair. All it did was manipulate the packets to make you run smoothly at full speed. It was the only time in the history of UO that a person could move as if they had 0 ping. Anything that makes a person on 56k move at the same speed as someone on cable or dsl should hardly be considered a hack. Being rendered by your connection on how fast you move is simply stupid and bad designing in the game. Fastwalk for UOE was nothing like speed hack or any of those other stupid speed boost programs that came about later in UOR.

Yea i used Netzero free dialup and UOE fast walk. That was some good times.

Slade

Post by Slade »

platy wrote:Duh.. i finally figured out why it's so weird.. OBVIOUSLY there was nobody (maybe those with UOEx) with the attacklast macro.. so nobody would just start attacking after I already tabbed out.. since maybe only a couple of people in all UO actually dbl clicked constantly to take away their opponents instahits..
I guess razor is to blame for the loss of the true t2a pvp feeling here D:
rofl

You are aware that "Attack Last" is a basic command available within even the very first UO client versions, right?

Did you know that hotkeys and macros existed before UOAssist? You can make a last object/last target macro within the UO client itself.

I swear.... kids these days.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

In the original T2A client, nothing below AllNames was avalaible in the client as a bindable hotkey, this includes both AttackLast, and LastTarget. I belive UOA did have last target, but it did not have Attack Last

Slade

Post by Slade »

Then I stand corrected.

platy

Post by platy »

Slade wrote:Then I stand corrected.
Yes you do.. But thanks for trying to treat me like an idiot without knowing exactly what your talking about.. like I do.
To shaunh
I never had UOE and only had UOA during UOR faction fights.. So sorry if I got what programs had what macros mixed up.. But your ignoring the point I tried to make and went straight to attempting to discredit me..
First of all removing instahit by NO means affects a dexer since they rarely disarm weps and usually use weps fast enough that their swings are almost always ready to swing.. I don't really care if a MAGE does it to me since they can ruin their instahits as well, and I can just as easily do it to them..
I was MERELY pointing out that the difference in PVP from t2a era and UOSA PVP.. which was that it wasn't really possible to just push a button and make me auto-defend like it is with razor.. Yes purple pots can be bound to hotkeys and would work to do this: but they have a timer and are easily avoided..
You can doubt my credibility ALL you want.. I've brought more insight to this shard than you can probably remember about T2a, and ALL I did during the era was PVP (no not with 3rd party programs: which is where you get my "uncredibility"..lol?) .. which is why most of my suggestions/what I remember pertain to PVP..
I can't beleive someone would take time out of their life to make these responses to what I wrote: which was so OBVIOUSLY correct..
I don't know a way to fix this so I just thought I'd let everyone know what I was thinking and maybe someone would post something "insightful".. boy was I wrong

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

platy...couldn't you do the same as 'attack last' by just double clicking their health bar in attack mode? I know when I fought in melee I always used the health bar and I became quite skilled at managing my weapons, potions, bandages, etc without the assistance of any third party programs.

platy

Post by platy »

Yes that would work, I was just pointing out no "button" could do it for you.. but i guess this can't really be removed due to the requirements of razor? Was just hoping someone could think of something D:
No matter.. I'll leave it to rest i guess..

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

platy wrote:Yes that would work, I was just pointing out no "button" could do it for you.. but i guess this can't really be removed due to the requirements of razor? Was just hoping someone could think of something D:
No matter.. I'll leave it to rest i guess..
Razor can negotiate with the server to disable certain things...but I believe that can potentially cause more lag for people. For the true T2A experience, you all would have to nix all your third party programs because they were all illegal during T2A if I recall.

Return to “Shard News”