Weapon Swing delays and Archery trial on Test Center

News and Announcements
Derrick

Weapon Swing delays and Archery trial on Test Center

Post by Derrick »

We've brought up test center with proposed changes to the way weapon swings are calculated. Please if you can, log into test center at test.uosecondage.com port 2593 and test the changes.
  • Weapons will swing at their speed based on when you last swung, instead of what you last swung.
  • Archery weapons will advance towards readiness while moving
  • Attacking someone that doesn't have a combatant will cause them to autodefend
  • Wrestling has a fixed speed and is not effected by stamina.
  • Item use delay of 0.5 seconds
  • Item lift delay of 0.5 seconds
  • Vendors will be dressed via their paperdoll, the "Customize" gump is gone
  • Fishers with > 80 fishing have a chance of pulling up a sea serpent on failure
  • Newbied items left on the ground will decay shockingly fast
  • Runebook crafting will be done by using the skill and targeting a blank rune. It will no longer show in the craft menu
  • Sound corrections to Explode, Fireball and Bardiche
  • Mana Drain and Mana vamp resists adjusted
  • Loot increase on sea serpents and deep sea serps
  • "Make last item" for most crafting skills. Either target the tool to make last item, or choose make last from the menu in the case of Blacksmithy. This is not yet implemented for inscription.
  • Due to this change, Tinkering now requires resource selection
  • No more passive skill gains for crafting, meditation, or anatomy
  • Tourney Leaderboards limited to top 100 due to a book page overflow client crash when opening the book.
  • Fancy shirt acts as arms armor when nothing else is work on the arms
  • Sheep have a slight chance to avoid being shorn
  • GM made world maps now show correct Scale
  • Sudden Death begin time in tourney matches now multiplies by the number of players per team
  • Barrel Hoops spelling correction item
The feeling so far has been that these swing changes seem very true to era in the way that known combo's worked then, and do not quite work right currently on Second Age.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Weapon Swing delays and Archery trial on Test Center

Post by Mirage »

Woot.

platy

Post by platy »

omg finally a possible archery change.. the skill is beyond worthless atm!
ima go check ASAP

platy

Post by platy »

change is a lil better
bows still WAYY too slow
did you implement a change to the "tabbing" system?
it seemed i would untab [attack my opponent without doing anything] every few seconds or whenever my opponent would attack me.. if i tab i shouldnt agress him.. even if he attacked me
maybe it was my POS mac but i was having some weird issues in the TC..

Faust

Post by Faust »

Auto-attack was changed during UOR. If an opponent attacks you, meaning double left click in war mode or uses attack last, you should fight back regardless.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Yeah, let me update the main post here, that wasn't mentioned.

Attacking someone that doesn't have a combatant (tabbed out) will cause them to autodefend.

venox

Post by venox »

in a 1v1 situation from a dexxer p.o.v. archery is very different.
with what it was, it was possible to get a running kill shot.
now it must be used in reverse as a opener. which negates the use of archer in this situation.

this change limits the ability for a dexxer to surprize their victim, which is essentially how people kill oppenents, cause they underrate the threat before them.

however i have a mace/archer, and i was messing around with heavy x-bow war hammer and then q-staff hit. there is some massive potential damage in that.
i havent tested it with swords...
cant be arsed changing my hot-keys. could be deadly if the halberd doesnt load to slow.

now as a dexxer, i will be running around with my bow or heavy to regain my hit. pick a target and use the combo as above...

platy

Post by platy »

i c
one more question..
for those of you who have the UO Manual, is the regular bow marked as "slow" or "very slow"?
I ask because I'm just wondering if the bow should or shouldn't be faster than the hally: which is "very slow" with a timer of like 4-5 seconds.. the bow is like 6-7 while the heavy is 11-13 or something..
I just feel like it's still too slow but maybe the bow is marked as "very slow" i'm not sure..

crabjuice

Post by crabjuice »

The auto-defend does not seem familiar, but that's just going off memory. However, I can assure you that the majority of players and myself do not like it ;x

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

runnin kill shots with bows was before t2a

Faust

Post by Faust »

crabjuice wrote:The auto-defend does not seem familiar, but that's just going off memory. However, I can assure you that the majority of players and myself do not like it ;x
This is a long forgotten system that existed from pre-t2a all the way up until around UOR. It is very apparent on the demo if you're able to take a look at it.

Auto-defend is a necessary function so that people don't tab out, sit there, and charge up their insta hit without any counter measures by their opponent. It was a key feature to make your opponent wrestle to waste an insta hit during t2a. This would not be possible if auto-defend was not fixed.

Arcanus

Post by Arcanus »

Could you paste the patch note regarding the change to auto-defend during UO:R?

Faust

Post by Faust »

If I am able to find it I will. I typically don't like looking through the patch notes past a few of the UOR patches unless I know them off hand. It takes a substantial amount of time, and when it is something like this it isn't a patch note that will be obvious from a header from a specific publish. For example, factions is a header, but something as small as runebooks can be equipped in your hands isn't as easily found. We're talking 7 years of patches and publishes to go through, and sometimes it can be bad when they're not even listed or are very ambiguous. I will take a glance at it to see if I can find it but I can't guarentee anything.

alatar

Post by alatar »

Faust wrote:It is very apparent on the demo if you're able to take a look at it.
Arcanus wrote:Could you paste the patch note regarding the change to auto-defend during UO:R?
Faust wrote:If I am able to find it I will. I typically don't like looking through the patch notes past a few of the UOR patches unless I know them off hand.

bOmb

Post by bOmb »

I tried out archery, and my only problem with it is that it is tooo slow. Both the hally and hXbow are rated

at "very slow" in the UO book I got from when I bought it, however, the hxbow has something like a 12

second swing time, where as the hally swings every 4 seconds... I was also wondering about the regular

bow speed. I thought under the prima guide or the book that came with the Second Age box, the bow

was rated as just "slow" and not "very slow" like the hally/hxbow. If so then it should theoretically swing

faster than the hally correct? If Im mistaken its fine, but its really no fun when you have to wait 12-15

seconds for any weapon to swing. I know its slower than the hally but 3-4x slower?! Pretty much

same problems as platy mentioned, and I think its worth a look into that Prima guide.

Return to “Shard News”