Clean-Up Britannia

News and Announcements
DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Clean-Up Britannia

Post by DrFaustus »

Will the deadline for the event be announced?

I see that it's running for at least two weeks, but does this mean it could run longer?

Wick

Post by Wick »

If you read the above ruleset it says ATLEAST 2 weeks meaning 2weeks maybe longer

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

Thanks for that pearl of wisdom...

I'm asking if they are going to make a formal announcement...

Something like, "Ok gang! Turn in your tickets if you have any left! Event is closing up."

But thanks for trying to be useful.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

We haven't set a formal date. At the end, any unsed tickets will be converted to gold up to a maximim of 9,999 gold.

Ending it early is not out of the question if we do not continue to see a decinle in shard item count.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

you gotta think at some point peopels hoards of stuff will be emptied out
how long could it take ? a few days to clean out your house
then it just becomes a game of farming/macroing items as fast as you can for prizes

Faust

Post by Faust »

I think it should last two weeks. It lasted exactly two weeks when it existed on OSI servers, and I don't see why not in this case either.

Maahes

Post by Maahes »

Faust wrote:I think it should last two weeks. It lasted exactly two weeks when it existed on OSI servers, and I don't see why not in this case either.
OSI had more players, therefore more items to throw out. I personally don't think we need to run it for the entire two weeks and agree with Blackfoot's concept that this will only become farming for prizes.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

BlackFoot wrote:you gotta think at some point peopels hoards of stuff will be emptied out
how long could it take ? a few days to clean out your house
then it just becomes a game of farming/macroing items as fast as you can for prizes
Honestly I think that point was reached within a day or two. People were running to the mage shops within the first 8 hours of the clean-up.
Maahes wrote:
Faust wrote:I think it should last two weeks. It lasted exactly two weeks when it existed on OSI servers, and I don't see why not in this case either.
OSI had more players, therefore more items to throw out. I personally don't think we need to run it for the entire two weeks and agree with Blackfoot's concept that this will only become farming for prizes.
Very true, I agree. OSI had many more players and this IMO has already become a farm for prize clean-up.

Faust

Post by Faust »

People farmed items during the EA servers for this system too. I know that I most certainly did. At least 90+ percent of the items were ditched the very first day on the EA servers too. The whole point of the system is to bring back the nostalgic feeling for it that made it fun, while including the benefits of the item clean up that comes along with it too. I'm assuming this wasn't implemented solely based on item clean up from what I understood. Please correct me if I'm wrong?

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

Not Era accurate.

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

Also, I think if you end it early you should allow prizes to be purchased for another day...for those who did it legit.

I'd be pissed if I was throwing stuff out, and trying to get the last 20k and the event ended giving me 9999 gold.

Red

Post by Red »

I was thinking that one of the main benefits of this event was to give players incentive to go farm, thus increasing player interaction. IMO that's a great thing.

Please don't end it early, and please consider increasing the payout at the end above 9,999 gp.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

My thoughts. Don't end it early, but if you must, give us a the remanding days of that 2 weeks to spend our tickets (ie, if you give us 10 days to throw stuff out, give us at least 4 days to use our tickets)

I feel like if you drop crafted item's turn-in value (like you did for the store items), it would help. More people would spend more time farming monsters, making more trips back and forth to town (I did the orc fort today for an hour, made a lot of money and about 6k tickets, probably over a dozen recalls to town and back to drop off bags of items)

More people hunting = more player out of town interaction = not a bad thing at all.

mynameis

Post by mynameis »

well, i personally, expect, you to run it to weeks, im fine with that, thats solid, the very least u could do would be to allow us to keep our points, and run it agian in 6 months

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i think player crafted items should only be worth 1 pt
stop the farming/exploititive nature
im sure it happened back in teh day and everything but its alot easier to do here than on osi im sure and considering how many super vets there are they will find loops and exploits with player crafted stuff for sure