And my Christmas gift for you this year is....

News and Announcements
Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: And my Christmas gift for you this year is....

Post by Flash Hardstar »

My only issue is now that everyones back from christmas vaca type deal, is it really even worth still looking.. have they ALL been found?cor is it still worth searching?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I suspect there was likely no "good" time for everyone to release these, I can say that we didn't expect so many to be found so quickly.

Voltron

Post by Voltron »

I'm pretty sure there are some still out there, as of my knowledge one of the biggest rares are still out there.

MamoNT

Post by MamoNT »

Voltron wrote:I'm pretty sure there are some still out there, as of my knowledge one of the biggest rares are still out there.
are you talking about those big statues?

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Silver got the 2 story statue fyi ... but there are definitely still some out there ...

Silverfoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Silverfoot »

Jaster wrote:Silver got the 2 story statue fyi ... but there are definitely still some out there ...
I got 2 of those :)

Voltron

Post by Voltron »

MamoNT wrote:
Voltron wrote:I'm pretty sure there are some still out there, as of my knowledge one of the biggest rares are still out there.
are you talking about those big statues?

Nope, something thats just one tile.

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

where is the waterfall tile :D

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

i looked and couldnt find it

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

That's because...it's in my pocket.

My precious....

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

Well cmon Derek, atleast for all of us who missed the first day or two, atleast tell us if there are still some of these server birth ones around? or were they all found?

Slimeball Jasper

Post by Slimeball Jasper »

Flash Hardstar wrote:Well cmon Derek, atleast for all of us who missed the first day or two, atleast tell us if there are still some of these server birth ones around? or were they all found?
the majority (95%) were all found.

BravoFoxtrot

Post by BravoFoxtrot »

Slimeball Jasper wrote:
Flash Hardstar wrote:Well cmon Derek, atleast for all of us who missed the first day or two, atleast tell us if there are still some of these server birth ones around? or were they all found?
the majority (95%) were all found.
I agree, most of the rares have been found. I have an issue though with some of the server birth rares that were put into the game. Some of the rares were on a timer. Some spawned once a month, every few months, even once a yr. I'll dig up the info on the rares, the list might have items that were or were not released on this server, but were all around during T2A. The reason I bring this up, is because many of the player base didnt have a chance at this, and if items that were released were known to spawn on a timer, then that should be put in. Also many of the rares weren't just 1 of a kind, often times there were several of the items on a server, due to the fact it could be obtained from several places.
I don't want to come off as a complainer, because I did get a few of the rares that were released and I know thats more then most people got. Second the staff didnt have to release any at all, so I am very grateful. I guess I just feel that maybe something should be done for those that missed out, course my opinion could be mistaken for greed.

Thesbus

Post by Thesbus »

Now, I seem to recall a discussion with one of the developers that claimed there were really no such thing as monthly rares. They were rares that would respawn after it had decayed due to not being locked down, house decay, etc. Does anyone know if this is true? Does anyone know if that is the way it was implemented here?

BravoFoxtrot

Post by BravoFoxtrot »

Thesbus wrote:Now, I seem to recall a discussion with one of the developers that claimed there were really no such thing as monthly rares. They were rares that would respawn after it had decayed due to not being locked down, house decay, etc. Does anyone know if this is true? Does anyone know if that is the way it was implemented here?
A Server Birth rare, would respawn when it decayed as you said. Also some were on timer, like the dailys, but rather then daily, they would respawn on a week, biweekly, month, 6 month and year. Often times too ,when a majior patch was put into the game, this would sometimes cause many of these rares, including server birth to respawn. With that being said though, alot of those rares never respawned after the release of UO:R. The GM's basicly locked the items down, so that when they decayed, they wouldn't respawn a new one.

I would also like to point out that not all rares were the same on every shard. One shard could have more of a particular rare then another, or even have a rare that didnt spawn on other shards. A few examples I can give you is cut hair and a loom bench. I bought the loom bench on Catskills, but rare collectors I knew on other shards never saw or heard of it as a rare. I even went so far as to get a GM envolved. They told me the item was legit and most likly a server birth. The cut hair I bought on Europa from a rares collector, was said to be a server birth on that server. Yet the rare collectors I knew on Cats and Chessy never had seen or heard of it on those servers. In short theres no real science or concrete answer to How or When rares spawn, its more or less, in alot of ways just guess work.