Plague strikes Britainnian stables!

News and Announcements
Derrick

Plague strikes Britainnian stables!

Post by Derrick »

A noxious epidemic has spread though the stables of Britannia at the cost of most all of the cats, dogs, rats, goats, and similar sized creatures in which the stable-hands trade.

We are fortunate at this time that these creatures were segregated from the citizens stabled pets, and the creatures that roam the cities and lands, but veterinary authorities cannot yet guarantee that this malady will not spread further.

We shall keep you apprised.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

rwuser

Re: Plague strikes Britainnian stables!

Post by rwuser »

I can't help to think that obviously it was bad handling and care that lead to this outbreak!

What does our Lord British have to say on this mattter?

Do we know where this vile spirit of destruction came from? Did it source from the stables themselves or the world outside?

Wonko the Sane

Post by Wonko the Sane »

Maybe the stablehands were having relations with the animals... could spread to players too!

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Hmm... if we could just isolate the disease vector and engineer it to affect humans and be airborne... perhaps this is how the bazookas could fulfill their mission of protecting Britannia.

Oh wait... somebody has already done this... Yikes.

Battlerattle
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Battlerattle »

Oh Noes! I'm sure those animals were sentimental to their owners...what a sad day.

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

i blame the Mad Cow in California!

ariok

Post by ariok »

DarkWing wrote:i blame the Mad Cow in California!
Hey one bad cow in California doesn't spoil the heard, mm kay?

UsualSuspect

Post by UsualSuspect »

Hooray for ruining era accuracy!

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

UsualSuspect wrote:Hooray for ruining era accuracy!

It's a shard event.

kirch
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kirch »

The Knave Labor Union supports the deaths of these animals and will endorse anyone willing to kill the rabid dogs/cats in trinsic/skarabrae and Njulem.
This mysterious plauge is now under official KLU protection.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

It's a shard event to ruin era accuracy. But whatever.

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Well if you want to go that far then technically there were no free shards back then so this whole shard is not era accurate, maybe we should all pack up and leave.

Or maybe people should stop whining and enjoy the fact Derick and staff are taking the time to organize fun events for us so people can actually enjoy playing the game instead of farming the same old spots, macro reagent buying and so on.

Wonko the Sane

Post by Wonko the Sane »

Hey, since it's a plague, can we have an in-game pyre to dispose of the bodies? Just for kicks.

Is it possible to have an in-game plague for players? One that's contagious? It could do something silly like turn your skin green (temporarily). It would be interesting.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

UsualSuspect wrote:Hooray for ruining era accuracy!
Because GMs and admins during era just totally ignored game breaking problems. You're right.

The average UO player doesn't give a crap why the stables don't work, they only care that they don't work. This nonsense has gone on for nearly a year (or more?). I don't even use the stables and I agree this was well needed.

UsualSuspect

Post by UsualSuspect »

That wasn't meant to be sarcastic. I like the fact that retarded that needed to be changed, is being changed. I wish it didn't take the entire server bitching to get a good change made. This isn't 1999. This is not a magical time machine. Let's make minor tweaks, that don't really make a difference in the long run and make it a better server.
Because GMs and admins during era just totally ignored game breaking problems. You're right.
This isn't a game breaking problem. The problem we have is that the same 1500 people are still playing and have waaaay too much money and items and crap. It's become standard to use charged weapons, reflect jewelry, invulnerability armor and deadly poisoned weapons of vanquishing. The typical player killers gate right beside you, with flamestrike ready to go. This crap has gotten out of hand.

SERVER WIPE!
Last edited by Derrick on Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: language