Network attack

News and Announcements
Derrick

Network attack

Post by Derrick »

We lost all connections around 10:30pm tonight. I contacted the hosting provider and they informed me that there was an denial of service attack against another of their customers and while it was all resolved in about 10 minutes, it's still extremely discouraging.

We may need to look for another provider. The provider we are currently with was on high recommendation from associates as company where they had seen few glitches, but this may be becoming more and more not so much the case.

We've had connection drops around the same time of night on and off for a week or so.

I reverted to last save ater we were able to get back into the shard, because while we all got dropped, the shard was still running, and there would have been many bodies. The only good way to resolve issues like this is to prevent them from happening, as such I'll work with our current hosting provider to get some assurances that this won't happen again, or we will find a new host.

Sorry about the trouble.

Shivers

Re: Network attack

Post by Shivers »

Thanks alot for the information Derrick.

At least we know you didnt broked everything ! :P

Hydroxide
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hydroxide »

THanks.

Just so you know, the server is automatically blocked by peerguardian as "ServerBeach EmuleServers | P2P Fakes"

You just have to allow the ip, no issue, just fyi in the case anyone is complaining they can't connect while running peerguardian.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks. We did make an IP change yesterday from the blocked IP. Have you checked our new one?

old (which still resoves from new.uosecondage.com) was: 64.34.186.28

Return to “Shard News”