Changes on Test Center

News and Announcements
malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Changes on Test Center

Post by malice-tg »

these changes are great...
does the all guard me also remove the 'instant kill' effect when someone attacks an idlel tamer?

the way i remember it the drags would walk towards the target not unleash 6 fireballs.

also the retame worked like this... during a short period like criminal timer length the previously tamed pet would be in a limbo state where it could be retamed with zero skill... specifically horses... after a short time it required minimum skill.

also during the the limbo period the horse wouldnt attack reds... i remember this because i was red on my main and would retame-feed wild hungry horses.

this limbo period also made it possible to ride a nightmare that was released and retamed immediately with zero skill. i did this with zero skill...i needed to feed it meat alot and never give it any commands...if i gave it a command it would release immediately... not sure if we want this bug in but the horse bug would be good because it was very common.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

I am very excited about this patch. All Guard Me still gives them the opportunity of an insta-kill, although it is not less offensive for them...plus get 2-3 mages to drop on the tamer and there just won't be any organisation anymore from his side.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

it is*

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Additions to test center changes:
  • Updated Treasure Map decoding requirements. You can now decode level 1's with no cartography skill as per Stratics.
  • Deathmatch signups will no longer effect Harmful and Beneficial actions prior to game start.
  • DeathRobe now has 3AR
  • Bolt of cloth label display correction
  • Amount Healed message change.
  • Combat timer no longer advances on movement for NPC's and Monster

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

More:
  • Pets can guard items, and other mobiles.
  • Controlled pets will always be attackable when on guard.
  • Pets who are guarding mobiles will guard the corpse if the mobile dies.
  • Pets who are guarding items or corpses will attack the player or creature who picks up the item, or items from the corpse. This could potentially result in a murder count for the pet's master.
  • You will no longer be revealed if hidden when opening a corpse that is not yours.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

More:
  • Correction to Parry damage absorption calculation (Thanks Loops for finding this grievous error)
  • Enticement changes:
    • Tamed creatures can be enticed.
    • Vendors including Bankers can be enticed, but not too far from home.
    • Correction to enticement messages.
    • Longer skill delay on entice.
  • Properly working moongate travel based on: http://martin.brenner.de/ultima/uo/moongates.html
  • Splits Britannia into proper timezones, each two hours wide as is compatible with the above system.
  • Fixes some Stealing messages

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The last major element of this patch is the problem with creatures reacquiring targets after they should have been forgotten, for example if they were hidden, or recalled away and came back.

This fix has just gone on to the test shard. At this point I'd really like to ask that people play around on there a little and see if they find any problems.

We'd really like to get this launched soon, and there's been very little feedback on results from test center.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

I'll be on tonight to see if my nightmare is still gruding me...

I think this will be the biggest, awesomest, non-directly related to pvp patch ever!

Nice!

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

As for the patchs mentioned above do we have an exact date of when they go in? is that information known and freely given out? or how does that work? should we expect within the next few days/weeks?...just curious

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I plan to put these up last week :)

Honestly at this point I'm really hoping to lauch this tommorrow morning, I'm just a little uncomfortable with the lack of testing these major changes have seen. Not one comment on the guard command.

I've spent countless hours testing the changes myself, and have found some bugs which have been corrected, but it's usually a bad idea for the programmer to do the QA. I hope that we're not finding the bugs after this has been lauched.

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

Hi

Can someone explain why insta-kill is being removed from town guards?
(I found this on this forum : http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... insta+kill)

Thanks

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

can you add "Happy Birthday Hemp" in that patch note? its my birthday sunday, and these taming changes are what i wished for!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Couple more minor changes.
Guard insta-kill will not be removed, but the lighning bolt effect will be.
Horse prices will increase.

This will be live in the morning.

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

id like to see eq damage correction go in soon
id also like the meditation inaccuracys fixed [there in suggestions forum]

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This thread is ancient.