Cant Connect to Shard? Moving to a new host: Read

News and Announcements
Derrick

Cant Connect to Shard? Moving to a new host: Read

Post by Derrick »

We're about 100% done with the move to a new datacenter and web hosting facilities.

At this point, all the web sites have been transferred. We'll likely be moving the shard tomorrow morning around the time of shard restart (7am ET).

The shard is currently running on the new host. If you cannot connect use this address:
Server: new.uosecondage.com
Port:2593

When we do the move, due to DNS propagation time, you may have trouble connecting to uosecondage.com
If this occurs, use the above server name and port temporarily to get you in.
Server: new.uosecondage.com
Port:2593

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Moving to a new host.

Post by tekai »

Will there be extended downtime tonight?

just wondering if i have to set my 730 alarm to restart my macros.

thanks!

tekai

Derrick

Re: Moving to a new host.

Post by Derrick »

I'm going to aim for doing this switchover during restart, the downtime is going to be dependant on the time it takes me to FTP the saves over to the new server.

There will definitely be a DNS lag so be sure to follow the instructions above to log in if you are otherwise unable to connect.

I'm not a morning person. There is a chance that I'll be a little late getting started and the switch-over will happen after the 7:10 restart.

Choppa X

Re: Cant Connect to Shard? Moving to a new host: Read

Post by Choppa X »

Is there a post about where the new host is located by chance?
Last edited by Choppa X on Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maahes

Post by Maahes »

The new host is in Virginia. Maybe post a tracert and your location so we can determine if there's a problem.

Choppa X

Post by Choppa X »

Nevermind, my roommate was uploading like 100kb/s while not at home. Pinging about 50 now.

Locksmith

Post by Locksmith »

I have no problems with the new shard but i cant log on to the UOAM server any more.
Is it still the same login info?

I am using this info:
uosecondage.com
port 2000

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'll have the UOAM server back up this morning.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

If you are still using new.uosecondage.com to connect, change it back to uosecondage.com when you get a chance.

d'Troyes
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by d'Troyes »

My ping is about 47ms to this new server. However, I've noticed since the move I get random 2-3 second "freezes" that must be server side. I am not running multiple sessions, no other internet activity running elsewhere on my PC and it has only started happening since the move. The are brief pauses but they are constant. Has this been noticed by others?

Stormsong
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Stormsong »

d'Troyes wrote:My ping is about 47ms to this new server. However, I've noticed since the move I get random 2-3 second "freezes" that must be server side. I am not running multiple sessions, no other internet activity running elsewhere on my PC and it has only started happening since the move. The are brief pauses but they are constant. Has this been noticed by others?
Happens to me too. Last couple of days have seen some long activity queues too.

Flower

Post by Flower »

This is what I'm having also.
d'Troyes wrote:My ping is about 47ms to this new server. However, I've noticed since the move I get random 2-3 second "freezes" that must be server side. I am not running multiple sessions, no other internet activity running elsewhere on my PC and it has only started happening since the move. The are brief pauses but they are constant. Has this been noticed by others?

d'Troyes
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by d'Troyes »

The "freezes" are still happening for me at the same pace and duration.

Elryin

Post by Elryin »

I am also seeing this, but now since patch 95 (the housing fix) I am getting weird lag (running in place and appearing "teleporting" a screen away)

I thought this could be on my end so I have restarted, rebooted the router/modem, done several cleanups on my machine, defrag, I even went as far as hooking up direct to the modem and killed the router all together. nothing seems to fix and it is kinda hard to even leave the house now cause I could walk straight into chumbucket or, insert your own favorite PK here and well I think we all know how that would go.

Elryin

Post by Elryin »

Elryin wrote:I am also seeing this, but now since patch 95 (the housing fix) I am getting weird lag (running in place and appearing "teleporting" a screen away)

I thought this could be on my end so I have restarted, rebooted the router/modem, done several cleanups on my machine, defrag, I even went as far as hooking up direct to the modem and killed the router all together. nothing seems to fix and it is kinda hard to even leave the house now cause I could walk straight into chumbucket or, insert your own favorite PK here and well I think we all know how that would go.
An update to this...

This seems to happen all over the world, I have checked all the major citys, and it happens everywhere. Also seems to manifest itself mostly when changing directions, and the re-appearing seems to be less dramatic than 1 screen but it is several spaces.. In fact I just died at the Eastern Brit bank because I thought I was far enough away from a trapped box but I was in fact 1 or even 2 spaces closer than I appeared to be (I thought and was displayed far enough away but I was actually only 1 space away when I opened it and died)