Cant Connect to Shard? Moving to a new host: Read

News and Announcements
Senses

Re: Cant Connect to Shard? Moving to a new host: Read

Post by Senses »

I brought this up in several different locations and had much the same problem with only one of my accounts. The solution, I have found, to at least what appears to be your problem, assuming you too were using Vista. First, right click on properties of both your UO client exe. and the razor client exe. and go to properties, then compatibility mode, and check the box then set it to be compatible with Windows Service Pack 2.

Then whenever you start the program, instead of just double clicking razor, right click on the program, and choose "run as adminsistrator." For whatever reason, this seemed to smooth up my choppiness. After a couple hours it might return, but i just close the account, and reopen it the same way, and the choppiness subsides.

Elryin

Post by Elryin »

Senses wrote:I brought this up in several different locations and had much the same problem with only one of my accounts. The solution, I have found, to at least what appears to be your problem, assuming you too were using Vista. First, right click on properties of both your UO client exe. and the razor client exe. and go to properties, then compatibility mode, and check the box then set it to be compatible with Windows Service Pack 2.

Then whenever you start the program, instead of just double clicking razor, right click on the program, and choose "run as adminsistrator." For whatever reason, this seemed to smooth up my choppiness. After a couple hours it might return, but i just close the account, and reopen it the same way, and the choppiness subsides.
Thanks for the tip, however I am using XP. It is Vista Styled but I dont think that it is the same issue. I will try the tip and repost if it fixes it. I have only tested this with one of my characters, and I only have one account so... will double check other toons.

Elryin

Post by Elryin »

Elryin wrote:
Senses wrote:I brought this up in several different locations and had much the same problem with only one of my accounts. The solution, I have found, to at least what appears to be your problem, assuming you too were using Vista. First, right click on properties of both your UO client exe. and the razor client exe. and go to properties, then compatibility mode, and check the box then set it to be compatible with Windows Service Pack 2.

Thanks for the tip, however I am using XP. It is Vista Styled but I dont think that it is the same issue. I will try the tip and repost if it fixes it. I have only tested this with one of my characters, and I only have one account so... will double check other toons.
This manifests itself on all my toons, and my buddy just said that it is happening to him whenever he comes to my house near vesper/cove so it may be a localized issue (though I do have the same issue in all the areas I have traveled to) because he said that when he was out hunting he was not experiencing it...

I tested the tip you gave Senses but what I did was set compatibility to 2000, and run as admin and it seemed to kind of clear up. I still have it though just not as noticeable, also it seems to be noticeable if you are riding a mount ( i only have a horse so I can not verify with other mounts)