5.x
73%
6.x
20%

Total votes: 84

Derrick

UO Client Version poll and proposal.

Post by Derrick »

Due to problems with the 4.0 client we may begin requiring players to use a 5.x or higher client in order to connect to Second Age.

This poll is created to assess the impact of that change. Without getting into the reason why we would like to do this, I'd like to hear some civil feedback on the proposal.

Client version 5.x is already required for some events, and 6.x will still work as it does if this is enacted.

backdown00

Re: UO Client Version poll and proposal.

Post by backdown00 »

Derrick wrote:Due to problems with the 4.0 client we may begin requiring players to use a 5.x or higher client in order to connect to Second Age.

This poll is created to assess the impact of that change. Without getting into the reason why we would like to do this, I'd like to hear some civil feedback on the proposal.

Client version 5.x is already required for some events, and 6.x will still work as it does if this is enacted.
My experience with 6.X has been intermittent errors crashing UO. Normally get one every day or so. I am going to try the 5.X client soon.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I used to use 4.0 before updating for UOSA back in the fall. The only reason I updated to 5.0 was to participate in the events. I like the older clients much better personally.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

I just use the one that came with the client download on the site, I kind of wish all there was was the old t2a one without all the new options\features, that would be pretty cool\funny.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

There's some ongoing discussion about modding RunUO to support the out of the box T2A CD (Without razor of course but possibly old UOA versions). Don't look for it right away though.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Derrick wrote:There's some ongoing discussion about modding RunUO to support the out of the box T2A CD (Without razor of course but possibly old UOA versions). Don't look for it right away though.

I liked the look and feel of the actual Era client so that would be sweet! :D

I have a older version of UOA somewhere if you need that. . . I have to say though, I have grown to love Razor's macros over UOA. In fact, the only thing I like UOA over Razor is the colored trapped pouches (unused 'use once' items).

I wonder, if there would be anyway to have a Razor to match the old client?

eniave

Post by eniave »

Cortez wrote:
Derrick wrote:There's some ongoing discussion about modding RunUO to support the out of the box T2A CD (Without razor of course but possibly old UOA versions). Don't look for it right away though.

I liked the look and feel of the actual Era client so that would be sweet! :D

I have a older version of UOA somewhere if you need that. . . I have to say though, I have grown to love Razor's macros over UOA. In fact, the only thing I like UOA over Razor is the colored trapped pouches (unused 'use once' items).

I wonder, if there would be anyway to have a Razor to match the old client?
I loaded from my T2A cd and patched to the 5 version. I preferred UOA to Razor in many ways. So if that were possible to use it would be great.
I still crash a few times a day and have not discovered just why. I have been thinking of using the download from this site to see if that helps.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

I use the client that was available for download here. Patched to 5.0.8.3. I have my very old UO box, with everything in it EXCEPT for the Cd... lol! Although I have a later CD, Third Dawn.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

closer we get to me travelling back in time when i sit at my comp to play uo the better

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

I'd shit my pants!!!

Before this shard, I never played anything higher than 3... and I usually only played 2.0.3

Kylock

Post by Kylock »

I'm on 5.0.8.3 and crash about 5x daily.

I haven't used 4 or 6 in forever, so i really don't know. . .
though im thinking there are even more dumb features on 6 most likely ;x

backdown00

Post by backdown00 »

Kylock wrote:I'm on 5.0.8.3 and crash about 5x daily.

I haven't used 4 or 6 in forever, so i really don't know. . .
though im thinking there are even more dumb features on 6 most likely ;x
I disabled the smart cpu option on the general tab of razr and I no longer crash. I used to crash a lot also with the new client. I followed some advice from this forum and so far so good =), you may want to try that =)

Kylock

Post by Kylock »

I'll mess with it some, thanks for the info.

1 more thing that bothers the shit out of me.. whenever the server restarts and my characters are macroing with "Connection Lost" up,
or when i'm at the login screen my CPU usage goes to 100% and my fan goes crazy.. other people have this happen too

any info if all 3 clients do this?

it's pretty annoying

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

1 more thing that bothers the shit out of me.. whenever the server restarts and my characters are macroing with "Connection Lost" up,
or when i'm at the login screen my CPU usage goes to 100% and my fan goes crazy.. other people have this happen too
As far as I know, it's a "bug" in the client, it can be fixed by patching the client to add a call to the Sleep API. But this needs to be tested and I'm not sure it's legal anyways.

This is a patch for a very old client : http://reverse.torfo.org/forum/viewtopi ... 06d28cce72. A similar fix can be created for the newer clients.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

1.26.4b please