So long, and thanks for all the fish.

News and Announcements
Treysta

Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Post by Treysta »

this is kinda like when the opposing army's general symbolically steps down after the war and u suddenly don't hate the guy anymore but see him for what he is--just another person trying to do the right thing in a sea of folk that have different ideas that happen to be mutually exclusive with his own ideals and learnings i hope we all learn from this event and collectively transform into a better shard also wap owes me 10 mil

Nickodemuse

Post by Nickodemuse »

Treysta wrote: also wap owes me 10 mil
https://www.jgwentworth.com

1-877-CASH NOW

Edit: the ad showing on my browser for this forum is actually JG wentworth now

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Treysta wrote:this is kinda like when the opposing army's general symbolically steps down after the war and u suddenly don't hate the guy anymore but see him for what he is--just another person trying to do the right thing in a sea of folk that have different ideas that happen to be mutually exclusive with his own ideals and learnings i hope we all learn from this event and collectively transform into a better shard also wap owes me 10 mil
This is where the annoying guy who role plays as a do-gooder pops up with some silly analogy as to why LOS exploit wasn't removed and popular events not included in shard

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

Nickodemuse wrote:
Treysta wrote: also wap owes me 10 mil
https://www.jgwentworth.com

1-877-CASH NOW

Edit: the ad showing on my browser for this forum is actually JG wentworth now
banned for advertising

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

Can't give Kavian a "pass" because he admitted to faults in a resignation letter.

I think quite a few of us knew he wasn't a saint and didn't need to see him admit to it in a farewell post.

Maybe I'll start playing here again now that he's no longer staff.

redeodrik

Post by redeodrik »

Damn Kaivan. You don't read as a bad person. Maybe people don't like you because you're too strict. Or maybe you're being too hard on yourself. Maybe you just in fact needed a big break from all this.

I'll say this server is about UO Second Age. If it's about something else it needs to state it very clearly. As a person who probably joined here in 2010 about, I came here because I wanted UO Second Age exactly as it was, warts and all--except maybe hte worst bugs. I didn't and still don't want anything else.

Zong

Post by Zong »

I am late to this post, but wanted to put in a reply. I know Kaivan will read it.

I quit playing this server the first time when clean up Britannia came out and everyone was running around with neon hair. I was disgusted. I thought it already got all messed up and there was no way they were going to keep true to OSI t2a. I always wanted above all else for the server to be as close to OSI as possible.

The server looks more like t2a now then it did back then and I know Kavian played a substantial role in that.

Kaivan, I cannot thank you enough for the time and effort you put into this server. I've relived many hours from playing on OSI. I never thought I'd see this day.

LNE

Post by LNE »

Zong wrote:I am late to this post, but wanted to put in a reply. I know Kaivan will read it.

I quit playing this server the first time when clean up Britannia came out and everyone was running around with neon hair. I was disgusted. I thought it already got all messed up and there was no way they were going to keep true to OSI t2a. I always wanted above all else for the server to be as close to OSI as possible.

The server looks more like t2a now then it did back then and I know Kavian played a substantial role in that.

Kaivan, I cannot thank you enough for the time and effort you put into this server. I've relived many hours from playing on OSI. I never thought I'd see this day.

You have neon hair and a glacial staff in your avatar

Zong

Post by Zong »

LNE wrote:You have neon hair and a glacial staff in your avatar

Thanks for noticing.

Swunk

Post by Swunk »

Lambo wrote:Kaivan jailed me for afk macroing fishing on Christmas Eve. If that's not dedication I'm not sure what is.

Regardless , admirable for someone to admit faults. GG
savage af

prosonic
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by prosonic »

thanks for all your personal time Kaivan, ive been here a while now (placed the very first stone and plaster L shape as it was missing from the vendors and derrick swapped me a deed) there have been many come and go and lots of updates some good some i still dont agree with as well but it has made the server what it is but above all dont forget your towel

-pro

Wonder

Post by Wonder »

Farewell Kaivy, I for one will miss our old thread locking overlord :(

Seriously though, thanks for the massive time commitment, and all the hard work you dedicated to this husk of a once great server! I won't forget our late night conversations on Vent about random ass crappy things going on in the world of Brittania!

You will live on forever in my forum signature.

Jakob

Post by Jakob »

What! No more great shard historian? Always thought you had the coolest job exploring ancient patch notes etc!

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

Are those server births?
Attachments
Azag_Thothe_12_26_12_20.jpg

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

No, Spitfire, those are all worthless items. You should probably let me take them off your hands for you. You know, to save bank space and such. I'll even give you a small deed for the trouble. :D