So long, and thanks for all the fish.

News and Announcements
Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Post by Taboo »

The man worked on this server for a very long time, and he's personally helped me out of some sticky situations in the past.

It would be a shame if his last message on UOSA as a GM ended up becoming a trolled thread.

Happy Gilmore

Post by Happy Gilmore »

Thanks for your time and knowledge to UO.

PS as a going away gift to us all, please delete Apoc's painting. Thanks

Downs

Post by Downs »

I'm not actively playing here anymore, but your hard line stance with most of the mechanics is what made this game enjoyable during my time here. Although I've disagreed with you a couple times, your work on mechanics was appreciated. Your post is on point with your explanation/reasons.

Thanks for your hand in the good times I've had here. Do like I do and pop in to say hi every now and again.

Brules

Post by Brules »

Can't say you will be missed. I wish Boom all the luck in the world and think he will help bring UOSA back to where it should be.

Nickodemuse

Post by Nickodemuse »

Kaivan wrote:Public enemy #1

Another problem that I see is that in many ways, I feel that I am perceived as the enemy of the players. Generally speaking, because my mandate has been to work on the mechanics, and largely stay out of the way beyond that, many players have vehemently disagreed with my stances on staying out of the world (less in world events), and have also disagreed with my stances on fixing specific problems such as the infamous "LoS bug". Because of that, and many of the changes to mechanics that have been unfavorable to players (all kill comes to mind), I have many players - both past and present - that don't like me, and perhaps with good reason. In the end, my stance on things was mostly to say "no" to what players wanted, and while I don't always think that simply saying "yes" is the right answer, I don't think my hard line stances have done a service to the server by creating a positive relationship between the staff and players; overall, I feel like I have been a negative influence in that department.

Well... that's about it. Kaivan, UOSA Historian, signing off for the last time.
Bro, you did your job, and you did it well. Whether they agreed or disagreed with you, they knew where you stood. Gotta respect that.

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

Thanks for all the hard work Kaivan, without your effort over the years UOSA would be a much darker place.

Chicanery

Post by Chicanery »

In short:

1) Assist with the destruction
2) Succeed
3) Take off and leave the remaining administration with the mess

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

TLDR

Does this mean time to do away with LOS issue????

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Mens Rea wrote:TLDR

You've suffered from this, particular, instance of depression for quite a while, now: too long, to my modes of thinking.

Have you ever thought about restructuring your own modes of thought; perhaps adding a single dimensional axis, which might bring you one step closer to being able to effectively interact in a three-dimensional universe?

I'm just curious.

Another curiosity: this is Kaivan's thread; why aren't you saying anything to him? Notwithstanding that your "TLDR" declares that you couldn't even be bothered to read the matter to which, ostensibly, you are replying, that's rather rude ...

AH-CHOOOOOOdouche! Pardon me! *Wipes nose with tissue*

SS

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
Mens Rea wrote:TLDR

You've suffered from this, particular, instance of depression for quite a while, now: too long, to my modes of thinking.

Have you ever thought about restructuring your own modes of thought; perhaps adding a single dimensional axis, which might bring you one step closer to being able to effectively interact in a three-dimensional universe?

I'm just curious.

Another curiosity: this is Kaivan's thread; why aren't you saying anything to him? Notwithstanding that your "TLDR" declares that you couldn't even be bothered to read the matter to which, ostensibly, you are replying, that's rather rude ...

AH-CHOOOOOOdouche! Pardon me! *Wipes nose with tissue*

SS
TLDR

Remove inaccurate LOS exploit, let's make UOSA great again.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

AH CHOOOdouche! Excuse me! I'm allergic to idiots!

What do you have to say to Kaivan?

Step-up or shut-up.

SS

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

I was thinking about the LOS exploit and realized a very good reason why we never saw it on OSI.... The exploit is mostly only good for killing AFK players... Under the threat of ban hammer, many people refrained from AFK macroing. Therefore you would be less likely to have a target just chillin in his house afk.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

I have given 10 years of my life to making this shard better by removing LOS exploit.

I am finally getting traction.

Lambo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lambo »

Kaivan jailed me for afk macroing fishing on Christmas Eve. If that's not dedication I'm not sure what is.

Regardless , admirable for someone to admit faults. GG

Ill Gates

Post by Ill Gates »

Lambo wrote:Kaivan jailed me for afk macroing fishing on Christmas Eve. If that's not dedication I'm not sure what is.

Regardless , admirable for someone to admit faults. GG
rekt.