Proposed mechanics changes for era consistency.

News and Announcements
Faust

Re: Proposed mechanics changes for era consistency.

Post by Faust »

That could simply refer to the ability that arch cure would be better than the regular spell instead of retaining the same effectiveness of the cure spell which was the previous case. Again, that same scenario was pointed out in my last post. Using that scenario the cure/arch cure spell would have had to change in a ninja rogue patch making it weaker and theoretically reverting the arch cure spell back to the same level that it had previously used. That is simply absurd and preposterous to think that they would change without any evidence to support this change and revert back like that.

Faust

Post by Faust »

A little update on that Publish 25 article description that mentions the change to the cure and arch cure spells. Here is the patch note for that specific publish that states no change to the "cure effectiveness" of the arch cure spell that clearly states that it retained exactly what it previously had.
Publish 25 - http://update.uo.com/design_502.html wrote: - Lowered cure spell chance of success
- Enhanced cure potions now correctly cure lower poisons
- Archcure doesn't cure aggressors or victims
- Archcure is now 1/4 second faster
This patch note lists every change mentioned in the article description on Stratics that clearly indicates that the Arch Cure spell in fact didn't receive a "boost" as suggested in the article. The "boost" comment is purely cosmetic relating to the better effective rate that it had compared to its counterpart the cure spell.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Explaining language and a passage's proper interpretation is like splitting hairs.

About Secret Ninja Updates, this wouldn't be the first time that OSI did one.

Look at the timeline of patch notes for interruption. There's an argument to be made that OSI modified interruption between Jan and Oct '08 without mentioning it.

So, Super Secret Ninja Patches may have existed.

Faust

Post by Faust »

There is no evidence to support a claim that spell interruption doesn't use the formula in modern UO...

That argument is invalid.

This isn't the time to lay waste with a personal vandetta or bias against the dexer/mage argument based on opinions. The facts still remain that it's completely absurd to think other wise giving the mounting evidence that support the current change to curing poison making it era accurate. Potions were already verified to be inaccurate and the significant evidence that suggests the cure spell had a high return rate for curing poison is overwhelming.

Here is the current status of information that supports the change to curing poison and the previous information that the current system was based on to begin with.

Pros
- Decompiled code for the cure/arch cure spell.
- Multiple UOHOC chat logs that states poison was insignificant and easy to cure with the spell.
- Post UOR changes that clearly demostrates the change to the cure spell becoming much weaker while the arch cure maintained the same level of effectiveness that it previously used. Not to mention this same "effective" rate is the SAME rate used in the demo. I know just a coincidence...
- No patch to support any change from the original introduction of the cure formula.

Cons
- Stratics article written by a non-GM mage that doesn't give precise information related to any formula.

Again, this doesn't even seem worth while to argue giving the related information that has been provided....

Personal bias simply needs to be set aside for a change.

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

poison will still own even if this does get changed. if you have to stop to cast cure, your not trying to ebolt me.

i play a poison dexxer, and i know this change will potentially hurt my template, but i dont think its going to make poison worthless like alot of people make it out to be. it will just make it worthless for the people who cant reapply it in combat.

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

Why is Arch Cure considered to be a "stronger" version than it's 2nd Circle counterpart? I thought the only difference between the two spells was that the Arch was an AOE spell.

Glad to see you're doing something about the Curing formula Derrick. GM Mages shouldn't have a guaranteed chance to cure Level 4 Poison.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Mephistopheles wrote:Why is Arch Cure considered to be a "stronger" version than it's 2nd Circle counterpart? I thought the only difference between the two spells was that the Arch was an AOE spell.

Glad to see you're doing something about the Curing formula Derrick. GM Mages shouldn't have a guaranteed chance to cure Level 4 Poison.
The proposed change pretty much guarantees a GM mage will easily be able to cure a Level 4 poison.

I wonder why people do complain about poison dexxers, though. Seems like 90% of the player base here is tank mage, how often do you run into a poison dex for this to be beneficial?

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Safir wrote:
Derrick wrote:
  • House Deeds will be noobied
  • Architects no longer buy deeds, the error in the sell menu is the motivation for this.
  • Real Estate Brokers will added to purchase deeds.
Does this mean that House Deeds will no longer fetch full value when sold to a "Real Estate Broker"?
Someone know how it'll be?

Faust

Post by Faust »

Meph the proposed changes was the formula that is present in the UO demo... The current formula being used is inaccurate and it's the system that isn't a "guarenteed chance" to cure poison. I'm not quite sure how you got mixed up on the discussion here...

Derrick has pretty much put the formula that is being proposed(the demo formula) on hold until proven to be true without a doubt. However, the evidence that has been presented here by me is significant by far. Hopefully we will get this similar curing system that was introduced in AOS fixed...

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

unlimited special dye tubs on that list anywhere? like the unlimited black tubs?

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

Interesting read related with poisoning : http://web.archive.org/web/19991104002 ... sessay.htm

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

Who originally decided to implement these changes? IE: Who is the Ayatolla of this shard?

Cutpurse

Post by Cutpurse »

Question: How will Player-Player selling work now with no checks? Gold piles? What about items that will be REALLY high costs? Will that be basically a "player vendor only" type of transaction now?

Also, I strongly disagree with newbie house deeds.

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

Cutpurse wrote:Question: How will Player-Player selling work now with no checks? Gold piles? What about items that will be REALLY high costs? Will that be basically a "player vendor only" type of transaction now?
Player vendors are one method. Paying in house deeds is another creative one (although I'm unsure if selling said deeds will return the same amount after the upcoming changes)...Piles of gold work just as fine. If the player you're dealing with is trustworthy and you're in a relatively secure area (not WBB), then there won't be any issue. If you end up getting conned, make a note (perhaps add him to the Forum Scammerslist), move on and go kill more stuff.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Safir wrote:
Safir wrote:Does this mean that House Deeds will no longer fetch full value when sold to a "Real Estate Broker"?
Someone know how it'll be?
House deeds will be redeemed with the Real Estate Broker for the full purchace price.

Return to “Shard News”