Proposed mechanics changes for era consistency.

News and Announcements
ClowN

Re: Proposed mechanics changes for era consistency.

Post by ClowN »

tenduil wrote:The time discrepency is mainly what I am referring to.

yeah i know, unfortunatly the bandage timer for curing is accurate the way it is.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Couple new items on the list:
  • Explosion potions no longer set off other explosion potions. (OSI Patch 10/1/1998)
  • Correction to damage to armor done by macing.
  • A player's active target will be canceled on death
  • Fame will decay over time (Fame is fickle)
It looks like this patch will likely be applied tommorrow, short of the changes to poison which have neither been fully demonstrated or more importatly coded. Also, the rule changes for flag posession will not likely be in at this time.

There are a lot of bug fixes in this patch and they really need to go live.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

If the capture the flag gets sorted out the way you would like it to run without exploits and afking will trophies be re-implemented?

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

Yes, please. I am terrible at the PvPz and would like to receive trophies for the fun CTFness.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Mirage wrote:If the capture the flag gets sorted out the way you would like it to run without exploits and afking will trophies be re-implemented?
Very likely, that's been my thoughts too. I'd really like to do some work on events I just haven't been able to get to it, the suggestions in the forums have been great. I'd like to implement in some of the games an ability for more spells and skills.

shibbydooda

Post by shibbydooda »

I believe that once a house is demolished and the deed reclaimed that dead should be stealable/lootable.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

shibbydooda wrote:I believe that once a house is demolished and the deed reclaimed that dead should be stealable/lootable.
Please read the patch notes. That was not T2A.

shibbydooda

Post by shibbydooda »

there are plenty of non accurate things on this shard. if people are really worried about vaginas running around with a noobied house deed to save themselves in a fight then making redeeded deeds not noobied would solve that problem.

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

No.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Derrick, curious as to what you have found on fame decay?

The reason i ask is... I certainly remember reading about fame decay and even seeing it im my strat guide.

But in many years of UO i dont know if i have ever known or heard of someone having a title decayed. I thought this was one of those urban legends... I know there is a patch note but are you able to find a specific formula or any confirmation of it actually happening?

Perhaps people died so much in era that fame decay just wasnt noticable?

Its no big deal either way... I just remember me and my guildies joking about the fame decay note from OSI being like the You'll go blind if you, ahhhhh pleasure yourself.... warning from the previous generation.. :)

We figured it was a scare tactic to increase PvM...

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

I had titles decay on my first charecter on Europa. Started as a dexxer, then a medi dexxer, finally settled on a smith. Spent about 2 months getting to GM smith and my titles definetly decayed. I was illustrious when i started smithing and drop down i think, iirc, 2 fame levels in that time. Cant give you precise time span or anything but it definetly decayed as i went back out bashing stuff to get back to illustrious so i could display my GM Smith title.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I just wanted to add a little more information for the curing poison topic...

This stratics article has been posted here by me earlier in this thread but some new information in the article as been discovered by me. Previously, I said that the Arch Cure spell produces the "exact" same cure rates produced inside of the demo... Well this piece of information clarifies that point by a hundred percent.
Stratics - http://uo.stratics.com/content/professions/mage/spells.shtml wrote:Note: Arch Cure follows the pre-publish 25 curing pattern for the Cure spell.
This clearly states that the cure spell uses the EXACT same results produced in the demo formula pre-publish 25. The previous statement now applies without one single doubt. That there can only be two scenarios for sure...

1. The cure spell retained the same formula used in the demo up until Publish 25.
2. The cure spell was ninja patched out making it harder after September 1999 and ninja patched back to the previous results after that.

We know now that the formula used before 2005 before Publish 25 used the SAME exact one in the demo making it a hundred percent certain now.

The information that supports the demo formula is piling on top one by one...

Return to “Shard News”