PvP, the way it was in June 1998...?

News and Announcements
Derrick

Re: PvP, the way it was in June 1998...?

Post by Derrick »

June 98 was pre-T2A, or around the datestamp of the "Demo" that was included on the T2A CD (which is actually a Pre-T2A Demo, not a T2A demo)

We replicate Mid 1999 with an intended cutoff of around Nov 23.

This thread should probably be relocated to prevent this confusion.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Matt

Post by Matt »

Derrick wrote:June 98 was pre-T2A, or around the datestamp of the "Demo" that was included on the T2A CD (which is actually a Pre-T2A Demo, not a T2A demo)

We replicate Mid 1999 with an intended cutoff of around Nov 23.

This thread should probably be relocated to prevent this confusion.
Ok... I asked you this before and thank you for clarifying again! This is when I most played so maybe I could be of some service. I've made some good friends here and we've added to the PVP factor. I've groomed complete noobs and given them lessons and gold so they cna be deadly on their own... I only started playing about 4 months ago.

I must admit, while I've enjoyed playing on this server, the last two patches have seemed to make UOSA less accurate (concerning PVP).

This was the era of the pure warrior. The warriors (fencer poisoners, archers macers/fencers, macers, swordsman and other combos) were beginning to become just as popular as the mages. Here, I feel the patches are geared to benifit the Hally Mage and to inhibit the warrior, whatever his/her template. Don't get me wrong, I love the hally mage-- but around this time we were seeing (I'd argue) almost just as many equipped war axes and Qstaffs as halberds. Archery and fencing were on a huge rise as well.

We barely see any war axes on this shard and nearly all the PVPers are hally mages. Who here didn't have a macer character? Where I played (Lake S) it was weird if you didn't have one.

I have some theories about this and other things that make sense and can help to make UOSA more accurate. I'm worried about these recent patches, however, and would at least like the chance to offer some input because I like this shard so much. Please let me know if this is possible.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Post in the corresponding threads if you think something is wrong about any particular topic.

Kriav
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kriav »

Derrick wrote:
Derrick wrote:Suddenly I'm getting the "You must have an Ultima Online Gold CD to experience the demo." message again.
I was just in this thing last week. Everything appears to be configured correctly :/
Running as admin under Win7 corrected this.
I tried this as with Demo and Demo+ and I still get that error 64bit win7 also I followed the directions about the right targ files no spaces in uo.cfg etc

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

I tried this as with Demo and Demo+ and I still get that error 64bit win7 also I followed the directions about the right targ files no spaces in uo.cfg etc
Read here: http://www.joinuo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=574
And I suggest you post any problems with more details there, as it's a more appropriate forum.