Small Update on Yesterdays Issues

News and Announcements
Derrick

Small Update on Yesterdays Issues

Post by Derrick »

Yesterdays lag, and other issues were a volatile combination of player action and the new code. We believe at this point that we've mitigate the issue.

In addition to working to correct an exploitable problem in code, I've ordered a new server server this morning as well which will more than double our current capacity.

The new server is an indirect response to the cause of the problem, but it's a good time to do this and a faster server would have made things quite a bit easier to diagnose last night.

Our costs are increasing someone on this, I don't often plug for subscriptions and donations, but if you have the means, a $5/mo subscription or donation would be really appreciated to help cover increased costs. I'll be paying for two servers this month during the transition.

Donation and Subscription information is available here: http://www.uosecondage.com/Donate.aspx
Donations are though PayPal, but you do not need to create a PayPal account to send money through them.

I always hate to ask for money, if you can't afford to donate, or even if you don't want PayPal to know your name, we'll never hold it against you. Additionally there is no in game reward for donating, beyond the pride in knowing that you contribute to the existence of the "in-game" itself.

Apok
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Small Update on Yesterdays Issues

Post by Apok »

donation on its way.

Davian Darksbane

Post by Davian Darksbane »

And done. Thanks for all your hard work Derrick. =)

r0b
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by r0b »

Donation on it's way.

Thanks Derrick!

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

YAY Donation Sent!

Hawkins
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hawkins »

Ya, that's pretty cool of you man. I look forward to a less laggy experience for prime time. :)

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

i'll send a small donation tonight after work ..

Thank you for shard and all your hard work last night and the rest of the time .. (goes for all shard staff and members)

Black&Blue

Post by Black&Blue »

Gah, I feel like such a bum not sending a donation. As I sift through our stack of unpaid bills, i see no donation/subscription coming out of me until the second week of august. But dont fret, it will be sent in August, hopefully my paypal account is unblocked by then HAHA.

Your hard work and research, I am very grateful for. Just because I hate patch 108 doesnt mean I hate this shard. So thanks to you Derrick, and all who have made this server possible, and that includes all of you scrubs who play here at UOSA too.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks much everyone for the generous support today.
The new server is already provisioned (I should plug Peer1 here, their support is fantastic), and I'm installing software today, may be able to have it online by Sat or Sun Morning.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

is there an IP that we can ping?

or is it the same location

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

same location. I'll post an ip address soon

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

Chaos wrote:i'll send a small donation tonight after work ..

Thank you for shard and all your hard work last night and the rest of the time .. (goes for all shard staff and members)

Donation made not much but hope you find a good use for 15 bucks small price to pay for such a great shard that is always working hard for us ..

On a side note I planed on donating 10dollars but when I got on my paypal account .. wow 15 bucks sitting there and had been for over a year so i suggest anyone thinking of donating but thinking they can't afford it .. if you have a paypal account check it .. never know what you'll find ..

also derrick after finishing donating i got a page error on the redirect link to uosa
http://uosecondage.com/DonationComplete ... fV94Yfw%3d

not that it matter but thought i'd mention it

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

Just got paid today. Donation coming as soon as I get myself a bank account.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Chaos wrote:
Chaos wrote:i'll send a small donation tonight after work ..

Donation made not much but hope you find a good use for 15 bucks small price to pay for such a great shard that is always working hard for us ..

On a side note I planed on donating 10dollars but when I got on my paypal account .. wow 15 bucks sitting there and had been for over a year so i suggest anyone thinking of donating but thinking they can't afford it .. if you have a paypal account check it .. never know what you'll find ..

also derrick after finishing donating i got a page error on the redirect link to uosa
http://uosecondage.com/DonationComplete.aspx?...

not that it matter but thought i'd mention it
Thanks much!
The error there is a temporary problem, sorry about that and thanks for letting me know. It should be www.uosecondage.com... Currently http://uosecondage.com is off.

Amtrigan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Amtrigan »

The fact that you hate to ask for money makes me want to give it all the more. I would hate for the shard to resort to the monetary focus that OSI/Origin and EA had for the game.

All that you do for the shard and the community makes you one hell of a stand up guy Derrick. I can't imagine the amount of work that goes into the perfection that you have created. I will have a drink and give a donation at the same time in your honor.