Voting for UOSA (2016 Update)

News and Announcements
Fireball
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Publicizing the Server and helping players find us

Post by Fireball »

Hmmm...

Two things: Britain is a cesspool on ANY shard and these types of scumbags have always existed throughout UO's history :) Other towns like Skara and Moonglow have a much better class of human being :)

Secondly, we start with 100 gold and horses are 780 gold (or whatever) because that is what it was like in the Origin version of Ultima Online for this era. If it wasn't that, then this shard would not have era accuracy and might as well call itself "any old Ultima Online shard".

We play this era because it is the one we like. Others prefer UO:R or Age of Shadows. It is all about personal preference.

Yes there are some scumbags about - and I am not just making scurrilous accusations - but there are also some very nice, helpful people here as reading this thread demonstrates.

I will happily help out a newbie or oldie alike. Feel free to PM me for game advice or a mount or armour and I am willing to share my macroes with anyone that needs something.

Welcome to UOSA.

FB
<@BoomlandJenkins> I don't favor anyone here, I hate all of you equally as much as the next player :)

Skorp

Post by Skorp »

I think this is the first shard I've played that has had such a large population, so the Britain cesspool is rather new to me.

Yeah I get the era accuracy stuff, but I don't think making slight changes to things like this would cause second age to be labelled "any old Ultima shard". There is an amazing community here and the population and such speak for itself. Giving a starting character a little extra gold isn't going to sway people away from joining because it ruins era accuracy. The server already has a reputation and a following, better than most more than likely.

I feel you AoS vs U:R vs Second Age is personal preference. I was just wondering what people liked about this era that made them prefer it. Or what they disliked about other eras conversely.

I have met scumbags and very helpful people as well. I will say the kindness and help I've received far outweighs the afk killing machine that is Jealousy Guy. Somewhat blown away by how eager people are to help a newcomer. The fact is this era is from a long time ago. And most people who I've asked their age, have said somewhat above or near 30. A mature playerbase is awesome. I guess that may be the case on most ultima servers these days.

Much thanks for your thoughts and offer to help. I've been given so much already I feel guilty asking for more, but I'll keep the offer in mind should a difficult to obtain necessity arise.

SaibotMK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SaibotMK »

I hope this server bounces back to 700+ players on average.
Baalx in IRC
https://www.twitch.tv/adrenalinepvptwitch

"<Vega> he needs some refresh mount kegs"
"<Vega> for the incessant trammel-a-thons he goes on"

Denis the Menace

Post by Denis the Menace »

SaibotMK wrote:I hope this server bounces back to 700+ players on average.
I hope not, this server cant handle 200ppl. lagfree.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Denis the Menace wrote:
Your pants are on fire. Because you're lying.

Denis the Menace

Post by Denis the Menace »

Budner wrote:
Denis the Menace wrote:
Your pants are on fire. Because you're lying.
sry but a lot of ppl. complain about (serverside) lag.. And since I also play during hours when just ~100 ppl. or less are logged in. (living in GMT+1) I can tell you there's a difference between 100 and 200ppl connected. Dont know if this is RUNUO based or serverside lag but I guess both need maintenance from time to time. Hardware can also "wear off". Today I spend 9 hours fixing an 7 years old network with a server and it's client because it started lagging ;-)

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

I don't speak technology but I'll take your word for it.

GleepGlop

Post by GleepGlop »

Yeah I get the era accuracy stuff, but I don't think making slight changes to things like this would cause second age to be labelled "any old Ultima shard"
By definition it is "any old Ultima shard". In the past it was called Atlantic, Great Lakes, Europa, etc... Era accuracy should be defined by what it means to players and the principles that defined the era rather than what is 'is' or 'was' like a certain Disney attraction that replays NYE over and over
I was just wondering what people liked about this era that made them prefer it.
Mechanics, simplicity of mechanics. There is little else that defines what the era meant and why people enjoy it. The general "speed" of T2A feels more pleasant too compared to other eras

whyamiplayinthis

Post by whyamiplayinthis »

Just wanted to say that I found this server because of it's ranking on google... searching for "ultima online freeshard" it was near the top.

I picked it out because it was T2A era and it had an authentic looking website that brings back the nostalgia that I love.

I am 29 years old, and most people that played T2A must be around that now. A mature playerbase is a good thing...

People so far have been very friendly, and I am impressed with the accuracy of what I have seen so far.

You have a good thing going on here, and the right people will appreciate this server!

Brules

Post by Brules »

Ppl need to vote on joinuo.com and .net. 2 different places now....

Foxhound3857

Post by Foxhound3857 »

Shadow Age server is launching in two days, so this one might have some competition. Sadly, that's probably where I'll be playing. I loved my paladin back in AoS and I was a trammie at heart, I hated having PvP forced on me every time I left the protection of town guards or the risk of nothing in my bag being safe from some sticky fingers.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Foxhound3857 wrote:Shadow Age server is launching in two days, so this one might have some competition. Sadly, that's probably where I'll be playing. I loved my paladin back in AoS and I was a trammie at heart, I hated having PvP forced on me every time I left the protection of town guards or the risk of nothing in my bag being safe from some sticky fingers.
ban
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Foxhound3857

Post by Foxhound3857 »

Capitalist wrote:
Foxhound3857 wrote:Shadow Age server is launching in two days, so this one might have some competition. Sadly, that's probably where I'll be playing. I loved my paladin back in AoS and I was a trammie at heart, I hated having PvP forced on me every time I left the protection of town guards or the risk of nothing in my bag being safe from some sticky fingers.
ban
Ban for having an opinion. Nice forum...

Sieg Heil, Capitalist. Sieg Heil.
Last edited by Foxhound3857 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Foxhound3857 wrote:
Capitalist wrote:
ban

Zieg Heil.
bye
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Foxhound3857

Post by Foxhound3857 »

Capitalist wrote:
Foxhound3857 wrote:
Capitalist wrote:
ban

Zieg Heil.
bye
reported

Return to “Shard News”