Updates to myt2a.com

News and Announcements
Derrick

Updates to myt2a.com

Post by Derrick »

We published a sizable update to the myUOSA site last night to provide the ability to upload images which can be displayed on the Player Page for your characters, and/or submitted as a picture of the day which user will vote on.
  • You need an account on myUOSA to upload pictures and vote.
  • The account on myUOSA is a new account, and is not linked with game or forum.
  • Eventually this myUOSA account will be a master account where you can do minor admin of your game accounts
  • Your game accounts are associated with your myUOSA account via registered email address.
  • All your characters will display on the main page when you are logged in.
  • If you do not register the same email address to your web account, as on your registered game accounts, the characters will not
  • be visible to you as yours.
  • We still do not have the ability to change your registered email address on your game accounts.
  • Pictures submitted as linked to a particular in game character will show on that characters player page.
  • Pictures cannot yet be de-linked from characters, or deleted or edited.
  • Pictures submitted as a Pic Of The Day will be votable for three days from the time of submission.
  • You can vote Up or Down for each submitted picture on the vote page, and may change your vote any time.
  • The links to Upload a picture and Vote will appear on a new menu on the right site of the site when you are logged in.
There's still a lot of work to do on this site, and even on the added features :)

PS: Please add at least some description of the image when uploading screenshots
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Updates to myt2a.com

Post by BlackFoot »

very cool :D

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Derrick, on my screenshot can you put a description if possible?

The fall of Shadowmire - Shard-wide event

Or just delete it and I will repost lol with a description.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

If you have more than one account registered to the email will all of those characters show up? Or just one accounts worth of characters?

Once you are logged into your myuosa site all of your characters stats should be viewable in there or have the option to be viewable to you. If I want to check out my chars stuff but also not make him public know what i mean?

Eventually will we be able to 'friend' other peoples myuosa accounts or 'guild' them?

I could see this being a great tool for guilds and friends.

punk

Post by punk »

How can I find which email I used on my in game accounts?

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

theres probably an easier way, but i found which email mine were verified to by using the change my password command in game and it sent me an email notification to my registered email.

punk

Post by punk »

okay whats the command? lol

also can I just ignore the email and keep the same Pw?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

punk wrote:How can I find which email I used on my in game accounts?
As part of our security there's no way to tell. This prevents someone who has gained access to your account from trying to hijack your email address.
BlackFoot wrote:If you have more than one account registered to the email will all of those characters show up? Or just one accounts worth of characters?
Yes. it is also very preferable to register all of your game accounts to the same email address for this reason.
BlackFoot wrote:Once you are logged into your myuosa site all of your characters stats should be viewable in there or have the option to be viewable to you. If I want to check out my chars stuff but also not make him public know what i mean?

Eventually will we be able to 'friend' other peoples myuosa accounts or 'guild' them?

I could see this being a great tool for guilds and friends.
Thanks! :D
punk wrote:okay whats the command? lol
[password <newpass> <newpass>
Note that if you are on the same IP that created the account, the password will change without an email being dispatched.
punk wrote:also can I just ignore the email and keep the same Pw?
Yes.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

I have registered 2 of my accounts to my work email and one to my home email.
Will we be able to merge them later on

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

Would it be possible to link characters in game profile scrolls to myuosa?
click the scroll and it pops up
This would only be a usable option for 'public' profiles
Attachments
myuosa.jpg

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

What about linking Myuosa to forum accounts, perhaps using one of the "mini" paperdolls (selected by the user) as an avatar of sorts. I think it would be neat to put some sort of forum reputation system for sales as well, though I am unsure how such a system could be regulated to prevent misuse.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

Linking the forum accounts would be good/optional
Could have the palyers signature and avatar shown with the character/optional
a place to upload video as well as images
Be able to post links to threads/webpages/guild page etc

Faust

Post by Faust »

Where does the "pic of the day" get displayed at?

Will it be on the main page where pic of the week is after a weeks worth of voting or what?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Faust wrote:Where does the "pic of the day" get displayed at?

Will it be on the main page where pic of the week is after a weeks worth of voting or what?
I just complete an rss feed for the images today, and it's now displaying (the first one) on the myUOSA page. As soon as I can i'll be reading the feed into the main uosa site for display in addition to providing instructions on how to add it to you Win7 gadgets.

The voting period is 3 days, and the image with the most votes will be selected every day as pic of the day. It's possible for an image to be selected as the pic of the day very fast if there are a lot of votes for it.

The image ill change daily at midnight, provided there is at least one submission that hasn't already been used for "pic of the day"

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Awesome!

Perhaps being able to "tag" other characters present in submitted pictures other than the character the screenshot was taken on. Perhaps for a raiding party to be able to tag all of the participants.

Also, I've noticed more and more people using the old OSI shard logos as avatars on the forums, which can be confusing as one many times just look at the avatar image and know who's posting, never reading the name. A suggestion would that when myUOSA and the forum accounts are linked, one can select which shard was their home during OSI days and have that shard logo displayed below the avatar selected on the forums. I'd actually love a deeper merge of myUOSA and the forum accounts. Perhaps having as suggested above some information linked to ones signature or the like.

Return to “Shard News”