*a rolled scroll delivered to a guard in Britain*

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Kasimir

*a rolled scroll delivered to a guard in Britain*

Post by Kasimir »

an order guard delivered a note to Sir Dupre that an unknown person wrote:

There they were, just walking through the forest, like orcs usually do - mindlessly, aimlessly, menacingly. I followed them. Why? I ask even myself; I was curious, I guess. As they strolled on, the lot o'them, they suddenly came to the base of some mountains (the Serpent's Spine I believe they're called). Traveling through a valley filled with razor sharp rocks, we finally came to Despise. I knew the dungeon - it had taken my brother. I followed them inside, walking in their destruction to keep safe from the foul beasts that dwelt there. Red eyes in the dark and moans of the orcs kept me encompassed by fear the while of this crawl.

From the entrance, down some stairs, through seemingly endless caverns to some more stairs, followed by more caverns. After much exhilaration, I followed the orcs into the deepest part of the cave, where the ogres are. Their abode was a dome-shaped part of Despise and in the middle sat an island surrounded by water, which was only accessible by a bridge on the west side. However, the orcs stayed clear of it and ventured around the outer edge. Eventually, they doubled back and headed back toward the upper levels, but not before taking some detours to unexplored passages - southern passages. After exploring for what seemed like hours, they came across a paved hallway at end of which was a pedestal. The pedestal itself was not the object to behold, rather the object that sat upon it. There, the object which drew the orcs' attention, sat shining like a sun in the darkest corner of the world.

The orc leader took at held it above his head and proclaimed, "Bludchok'hai! Bludchok'hai! Bludchok'hai!"

Having turned around to his party, the orc leader's shining object revealed me down the hall and he yelled, "Clomp da umie!"

I knew it was time to go. I fled back the way I came, hearing the constant sound of charging orcs behind. I ran as hard as I could, all the way to Britain. I hid in my house and wrote down everything I could recall.

*A slight fade in the ink can be seen, signifying that the following text was written shortly after the previous text*
the unknown author wrote:

Disguised orcs infiltrated the town and tracked me to my home. I barely escaped and managed to write this last bit. I do not know what my fate shall be following this, but I will run as long as I can. I am not going to make a break for Lord British's castle in an attempt to get this note into safe hands.