Taking back Cove

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Bicchus Dicchus

Re: Taking back Cove

Post by Bicchus Dicchus »

Hey, so Cove is working again eh?

Cool beans; I like that town. Very peaceful place without a bank

-Bicchus Dicchus

Hallytosis

Post by Hallytosis »

I went to Cove earlier today... there were several named bones lying about. (some blue, some grey) they didnt seem to be decaying. I also noticed that some were of players that are not playing anymore. (or I was led to believe)

So whats up with that?

Sultan of Swing

Post by Sultan of Swing »

Hallytosis wrote:I went to Cove earlier today... there were several named bones lying about. (some blue, some grey) they didnt seem to be decaying. I also noticed that some were of players that are not playing anymore. (or I was led to believe)

So whats up with that?
These were from the previous event when the Orcs originally took Cove - I think it would be good to keep them there or some of it as a reminder of the event(s) - happy to keep the Orc corpse on my doorstep - shame i cant use it like a container.

Thoroughly enjoyed the event personally, did try to prepare in advance with a reg bag vendor and marked runes around Cove on my rooftop but I think I was the only one who used and needed the regs - would have been safer walking from my front door but I couldnt resist saying 'cross' :) - i'll blame a poor conn or the fact it was 3:30am here in Scotland.

All round good effort from the Orcs and Staff.

Cheers,

ariok

Post by ariok »

No bank in cove?
<FishTaco> Blizz forums are the absolute worst place to find help
<chainsoar> yeah because they're full of people who think WoW is a good game

Bicchus Dicchus

banks are for sissies

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by mrbojangles »

Hallytosis wrote:I went to Cove earlier today... there were several named bones lying about. (some blue, some grey) they didnt seem to be decaying. I also noticed that some were of players that are not playing anymore. (or I was led to believe)

So whats up with that?
I hope those stay, I've got the corpse directly in front of the doors/main gate.

Sultan of Swing

Post by Sultan of Swing »

mrbojangles wrote:

So whats up with that?
I hope those stay, I've got the corpse directly in front of the doors/main gate.
Is that Snake Plisken? I find that quite amusing as it appears as if you were killed during an 'Escape from Cove'.

Yoda

Post by Yoda »

After a major battle it appears that we successfully reclaimed Cove! Order guards are currently assisting local guards patrol the city. Lord British plans to withdraw the troops by sometime 2013. Cove should otherwise return to a semi normal state. Not much was found on how the Urks were able to summon dragons and some type of magical skeletons to aid them in battle. We assume that however they were able to do it still remains in their possession. The appearance of the beast Krothuland suggest that the Urks have found a way to summon a massively destructive beast on command. Lord British will continue to monitor the Urks in hopes to head off another major battle.

Thanks for everyone that participated in the event! No trophies were given out this time around.
I wanted to give Sultan of Swing a quick shout out as he was one of the most visible players attempting to oust the Urks from Cove since their initial occupation.
Thanks again!
<@SecondAge> Several Lichs have been spotted in the Britain Graveyard.
<@SecondAge> The cause is unknown and several townspeople were seen fleeing in fear
<Vintirex-droid> Several townspeople, Not a big enough problem imo

Koden

Post by Koden »

Yoda wrote: Lord British will continue to monitor the Urks in hopes to head off another major battle.
Up, I hope that was a typo and you ment in hopes to head up another major battle. :D
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish on UOSA and he will stay up until his wife yells at him to get to bed.

Drunk Monk

Post by Drunk Monk »

Lurd Breetish kan nebber *hic* clomp da mitti Bludchok-Hai!
“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” -Albert Pike

Bicchus Dicchus

Drunk Monk wrote:Lurd Breetish kan nebber *hic* clomp da mitti Bludchok-Hai!

W0rd l33t dAwG sTr8 uP

-BiCcHuS DiCcHuS

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Anybody have any pics for this? Sounded like a great event, but I missed it.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)