a tale of betrayal, and fortune.

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
SteelReserve

a tale of betrayal, and fortune.

Post by SteelReserve »

There was once a wealthy Nobles Son whom had command of a ship his father gave to him on his 20th birthday. His father was a Very wealthy, yet a Just and Kind man whom had worked himself nearly to death since he was a child to earn the fortune he had. Yet his son who had never had to endure one single day of physical labor, and who had everything always handed to him knew nothing of the burdens the common man had to endure. Yet how could he? Never being made to even do things that we common people take as daily life, Imagine Waking up then Having everything you ever wanted sat before you. Not having to dress yourself, bathe yourself. Fetching your own drink was unheard of, never mind ever making yourself a meal! Its sad how a parent can wish so much that his child should not endure the hardships that he did that the parent their self sets his child on a path of disaster. Who is to blame for this? The parent or the Child? Only now do i think of this 7 years too late to decide. For it was 7 years ago that the story begins.

There was once another child who could not grasp the value of a gold piece. Not that his family was wealthy, yet they were not poor. This child was different. Deep down he had a Good heart. his moral compass always pointed him towards the right direction. he was the common boy, he had to do chores, worked for his father, helped cook the meals and clean the plates.That is until during his teenage years his when family split apart. The Father and Mother each went their own ways, both asking the boy to follow them he ended up getting lost.

His father was a firm strict man whom took no nonsence, yet he was a cold man unable to express his feelings and appreciation which drove his son away from him. His mother was just the opposite for his mother, she was a kind caring woman who expressed her love openly, however discipline was not her strong point thus allowing the boy to drift away from the responceability of being an adult. Being fully able to decide which parent he was able to stay with he chose to drift between the two. Since his father never spoke to his mother. He could just say to his father he was going to his mothers, or say to his mother he was going to his fathers. Then he could go where ever he wanted whenever he felt like it. He stayed out late getting drunk, staying with friends, or should i say people he thought were his friends.

One day He became friends with a man named Biship Who invited him into his hut and all he asked was that he share a pint with him from time to time. and so he did. Over the years the Young man soon came to trust his friend Biship, after all he watched Biship's child when he had to run errands, he looked after his hut and even asked his parents for gold to assist in some of the taxes biship had trouble paying. The young lad never thought anything of it because he was truly that honest and kind. Yet one day Biship asked the boy to take an item to a ship and wait for someone to ask for it.

He was reluctant at first but then the boy thought. "Ive watched this mans children, Fed them, bathed them, fed Bishp himself on more than one occasion out of his own pocket when he was starving. Sold my personal possesions to make sure he made ends meet for Biship never judged the young mans drinking,so surely this man would not betray me." He was sorely mistaken. Biship handed the boy a leather pouch and told him not to open it just to wait on the ship and wear a Grey skullcap and the man would come up to him and request the pouch. then he was to hand the boy 200 gold and return it to Biship. Once the boy had the pouch in had every fiber of his being told him to refuse this task.

Yet his Faith that no one could be so cruel as to sell out someone who genuinely cared about their well being and proved so at ever turn, could ever sell a friend out. Proved to be his downfall. It was a trap. Once the boy was on the ship he was ambushed and taken captive. called a stowaway he was forced to work in chains under a nobles son for 3 years as a deckhand. Then one day there was a new captive on board no one knew his real name we all knew him as Swank. One day our Captain kicked Swank square in the back as he was tending to the cannon's simply for the joy of kicking someone. I took notice, and swank spun around to meet his aggressor only to find himself nose to nose with the captain. The captain notice a chain around swanks neck and attempted to seize it, yet he was thwarted by a fist to the face. The Captain drew his Cutlass swank took a step back grasping his chain. That is when it happened. I was to be a slave no more!

As the Captain drew back his sword for a killing stroke I lashed out with the chains that bound me and landed a glancing blow atop the head, the chains grazed his skull and sliped over his head and under his chin. I then Seized the opportunity, I could be free, I thought. I put my boot between his shoulders and pulled with all my might until I heard a loud crack, and the thud of the cutlass as it fell from his hand. It was over. Swank Said to the man "you have my thanks" the boy looked at his bonds and back to the corpse that was on the ground.... in total shock. The fact that he killed a man had not hit him yet. Swank shook the boy and said " Are you alright?" The boy met Swank with a Blank stare as if he was looking several hundred yards past him then he spoke "My name is Lee. Jack Lee" Never focusing in on Swanks eyes. Swank was at a loss as what to say, then he mutterd, "If you had not done what you did, i would be food for the fishes, is there anyway I could repay you?" Suddenly the real world came Crashing down on Lee like wave upon a sloop. Then something stuck a cord within Lee. He smiled and said " Yes rally the sailors I will be the Caption Now and Free the prisoners and add them to our ranks.

If anyone so wishes they may challange me for rank of captain speak now! otherwise we set sail for port! We shall inquire about what merchants, nobles and others seek to hinder the common man and make them our primary targets! The Crew Mulled about Sullenly, truth be told not one Sailor would seek Revenge for their fallen captain.

Jack Lee Sailed the Seas for Seven years. Fulfilling what he set out to do. Robbing Greedy merchants and unworthy nobles of there ill gotten hordes of gold. He Soon Amassed a Huge Fortune at the cost of these tyrants, Thus earning himself the name "Black" Jack Lee"

Then one night his ship was set upon by a Massive storm! A passing Grain Transport Counted their blessings while sailing on the fringes of the storm as they bared witness to what, to them, appeared to be a Ghost ship. Yet every member of that grain transport will Swear on their deathbed that that they seen the following. "A Man Standing atop the mast of his ship in the fog chanting this phrase"

*(For Seven Long Years I have sailed these Seas and NO ONE shall Have What was Once Black Jack Lee's!)*

*one day Lee wakes up on a sandy beach finding everything hard to recall. all he has is a dagger, his cloths and water damaged book which is what appears to be his journal in his hand writing. From this day forth what shall Lee do? only time will tell.*
Last edited by SteelReserve on Thu May 31, 2012 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cattie B

Re: a tale of betrayal

Post by Cattie B »

the suspense is killin me Steel!!

SteelReserve

Re: a tale of betrayal

Post by SteelReserve »

Cattie B wrote:the suspense is killin me Steel!!
This is an old story I wrote back in Jan of 09. its still a bit rough around the edges.