What kind of action can I expect here?

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
decapitator

What kind of action can I expect here?

Post by decapitator »

Like the title suggests, I'm wondering what kind of things are happening on a regular basis here. Are there T2A groups that get jumped by PK's while nearing the final waves? Are there any epic battles of guild warfare stretching from town to town? Are the Brit x-roads still a place for thievery and mischief?

I come from Lake Superior, played with The Cabal and TSO. Been on this server for two days and feverishly working towards getting a character ready for pvp. Would appreciate any reassurance that there is still fun to be had. Thanks.

brandonsantacruz

Re: What kind of action can I expect here?

Post by brandonsantacruz »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but almost anyone you run into outside of town is one of the following:
1) A PK
2) The alt of a PK
3) The friend of a PK

In any of the above cases, they or someone they know will likely be after you soon.

If you do run into someone not listed above (and how do you know?), congratulations!

As a follow-up, where can you go kill some mobs with a few friendlies around? Anyone?

decapitator

Post by decapitator »

Wow that's a tough one. Seems like a revisit to the original downfall of UO. Too much unbalance will do that.

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

Sorry Brandon, no Trammel here.

As for action, I happen to know the OP has foolishly placed his house in savage territory. So how about 'giving people gold so they don't eat your corpse'?
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

smart86

Post by smart86 »

brandonsantacruz wrote: As a follow-up, where can you go kill some mobs with a few friendlies around? Anyone?
I think Brit sewers is usually pretty void of pks.

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

I would recommend getting into a guild and/or recruiting friends/family to the shard if you want to hunt with friends. There are several guilds who would be happy to accept you in.

But yes, the PvM hotspots are frequented by PKs fairly regularly. Arguably, there are times when you can go quite a while without running into any, however. But hey, what is UO without a little adrenaline rush now and again?
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

smart86

Post by smart86 »

the bazookas wrote: But hey, what is UO without a little adrenaline rush now and again?
The Sims.

Captain Awesome

Post by Captain Awesome »

decapitator wrote:Like the title suggests, I'm wondering what kind of things are happening on a regular basis here. Are there T2A groups that get jumped by PK's while nearing the final waves?
Are you referring to Champ Spawns? If so, no.
decapitator wrote:Are there any epic battles of guild warfare stretching from town to town?
Have not seen this yet.
decapitator wrote:Are the Brit x-roads still a place for thievery and mischief?
No, pretty quiet there.
decapitator wrote:I come from Lake Superior, played with The Cabal and TSO. Been on this server for two days and feverishly working towards getting a character ready for pvp. Would appreciate any reassurance that there is still fun to be had. Thanks.
I have a blast here, although I make my own fun. I'd have to disagree with Mr. Everyone is a PK. I run into blues quite often, and while I increase my level of caution, I don't always find reds pouring out of gates at me. Bigtime PVM hotspots are going to get patrolled by PKs.

BTW, I was in SBR on LS and remember fighting you. Hope you enjoy the shard.

decapitator

Post by decapitator »

Captain Awesome wrote:
I have a blast here, although I make my own fun. I'd have to disagree with Mr. Everyone is a PK. I run into blues quite often, and while I increase my level of caution, I don't always find reds pouring out of gates at me. Bigtime PVM hotspots are going to get patrolled by PKs.

BTW, I was in SBR on LS and remember fighting you. Hope you enjoy the shard.

Ah cool, I remember the Skara Brae Rangers. Thanks, so far I am enjoying it.

About my house placement: So far so good, love having mobs nearby - they come in handy.

Samorite
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Samorite »

decapitator wrote:Like the title suggests, I'm wondering what kind of things are happening on a regular basis here.
ME yes ME the noob above all noobs, wanting all expecting nothing

Coins greatly received :P