A Union of Races. "The Meeting" Chapter 1

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
SteelReserve

A Union of Races. "The Meeting" Chapter 1

Post by SteelReserve »

There was once an Elf by the name of Ereinion Linwellin he stood at 5'9" with long blond hair pulled back into a Ponytail he was just your average elf, he was a vinter who was gathering fruits in the woods to make some of his famous Dwavish breath wine he and his friends so enjoyed, when that afternoon he was ambushed by a Giant spider, Having agile reflexes he drew his dagger and quickly Stabbed the wretched beast right amidst his eyes doping the foul beast with a thud he Sheathed his dagger and let a sly smrik slip across his face in his triumph then Suddenly a wave of terror fell upon him like as if he'd plunged into a lake of fire, he glanced down near his dagger sheath eyes dialated in horror, he had been bitten. He swaggered to and fro Desperate to make it back to his village but in his dillusional state he lost his bearings and drifted in almost the complete opposite direction. His fever ravishing his body his vision began shift from vivid to dull and back again. He had the wits to know what herbs grew to slow the poison yet there were none to be found. he cursed his ill luck, smashing a fist against the tree he was leaning on. Then he seen what could be his salvation, A light of some sort, though there was still quite a bit of daylight left he was grateful to have a beacon of hope. Ereinion Stumbled from tree to sapling to anything he could support himself upon. Attempting to call out just voiced a painful rasp in his throat and he had to spend precious moments coughing and gasping for air. Then at last he could see it a small log lodge that he could tell was just recently constructed by the fresh clay plaster and the smell of fresh sap. Though Ereinion himself abhorred this type of structure, due to his elvish heritage, he was not about to dismiss his only chance of salvation. Then as he was reaching for the handle his knees buckled his head bounced off the foot of the door then all was veiled in mist. Then Suddenly He awoke and Sprang up to a sitting position. His cloths were folded neatly and the foot of his bed upon a table. He was shirtless and his wounds were Dressed in a woolen bandage, He scratched the Itchy material as he scanned his surroundings. There was a makeshift pallet at the far end of the Room. the house was a moderate size yet it was all one room. Ereinion cleared his throat and called too see if anyone was near, there was not. The sun had not been up longer than 2 hours, his Savior must wake with the Roosters he thought. Then Suddenly the door swung open and a loud shriek filled the room for a moment.
"My pardons" said a blushing Lady " I thought you would sleep a day or so more"
Ereinion smiled gently looking upon his savior She was Fair complected with long Strawberry blond Hair that gently dusted the floor behind her. She wore a Loose fitting robe and leather sandals.
Then he spoke " I am in your debt My lady, if it were not for your actions i would be feeding the crows at this time i wager.
The Woman Blushed uncertain of how to reply. " I heard you at the door. I was worried at first because i heard no reply but when i gathered up the courage to open the door i was in shock to see a man collapsed at on the ground. i managed to help you in and laid you on the bed. You were bleeding on your right side and had a terrible fever so i mended your wound and placed a spot of Pure clay in your wound as well, what on earth happened to you?" Ereinion relaid his story to the lady.
" That must have been terrifying to you. i am glad you weathered the poison." She had been Glancing from his wound to his face back and forth frequently throughout his story.
Ereinion asked "What is it about my face that warrants such a questionable look, i mean you no harm in fact i owe you my life.
" She Blushed Deeply and mumbled " its just, that is to say, If you don't mind my asking, Why do your ears top in the manner they do?"
Ereinion quickly grasped both sides of his head concerned there may be something amiss, yet there was not. Then the realization stuck him."Oh you mean the fact that my ears end at a point do you not?"
They lady blushed again "im sorry for asking but i have never seen ears like that, or at least i do not think i have. to be honest i cant remember."
Ereinion seemed lost in thought for a moment. Has she never laid eyes upon an elf before?
"All people of the Elven race have ears such as mine, am I the first elf you have ever seen?"
The lady was lost in though tuning out the world as if she had not even heard the words Ereinion had just spoke.
Then she suddenly shook herself then said "Im sorry I don't know, I'm not even sure how i came to this place. I have have been here for 3 months then 5 days ago you arrived at the door, I cant recall anything before that, except fragments of my childhood that come to me in the night. yet somehow i know how to live off the land, gather herbs, cook, I can even knit, and make healing slaves. but My history my origin, all lost. I was hoping someone would come that knew me but no one has thus far."
She sat down near the bed on a stool, staring down at her feet in a depressing manner.
Ereinion thought for a moment then spoke "Well for someone to not seek a person out as Kind and Beautiful as you must have a head full of Lint and gravel." and he meant every word of it.
She blushed picking up on the Sincerity of his statement and grasped a locket that was shrouded by hear hair and opened it. "Catalina" she said. "Thank you, you may call me Catalina" There eyes locked and did not stray for what seemed like forever. Then it was Ereinions turn to blush.
"I'm Ereinion Linwellin a vinter by trade. I do not live far from here less than a days walk." then he pondered why has no one came to seek me out?
"You say i have been here for five days?"
Catalina noded
"This concerns me, Ive been known to wonder but never more than a day or two, surely by the fifth day someone would start a seach party to seek me out."
Catalina replied "I have been no more than a mile away from you at all times and i have not seen nor heard anyone calling out names, yet 4 nights ago i did hear what seemed to be thunder in the distance yet there was not a cloud in the evening sky."
Ereinion attempted to stand but slumped back down into the bed grasping his side "My legs will not support my weight, I will half to burden you for another nights rest before i can return home to see what is amiss."
Catalina responded "Your no burden i assure you even silent company has been company enough for the past five nights. Also as much as i want to find out my origin i feel as if staying here will only hamper this task, i would like to travel back with you if that is alright, if i wouldn't be a burden."
Ereinion said "I would love nothing more than to be graced with your company, and I can assure you, you are anything but a burden."
Catalina smiled then fetched some water and Grapes for him to eat with some bread that she pulled from her makeshift oven. They ate together then as the sun vanished over the horizon she shuffled twords her pallet.
"I will have none of that" Ereinion forced himself to stand "You will have your bed tonight Im well enough to manage a pallet for the last night."
Catalina looked up at him and smiled and said "Thank you, you are very kind Ereinion." She knew the gesture was out of kindness and she had not the heart to refuse.only then did Ereinion notice she could not have stood more than 5'4" tall, small for a human. Catalina slept well that night. Yet the same could not be said for Ereinion.

To be continued.......