The Roleplaying Encyclopedia

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
TwoTon

Re: The Roleplaying Encyclopedia

Post by TwoTon »

im interested in entering K^A as a Human Kingdom of course aligned with good.
got most of our stuff here with character classes from paladin to dark knight classes
http://kingdomofascalon.guildportal.com ... ID=3804132

This is also the story line leading up to how ascalon came about
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=1284

Ascalon City Layout and Map showing all of Ascalon
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=12706

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

TwoTon wrote:im interested in entering K^A as a Human Kingdom of course aligned with good.
got most of our stuff here with character classes from paladin to dark knight classes
http://kingdomofascalon.guildportal.com ... ID=3804132

This is also the story line leading up to how ascalon came about
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=1284

Ascalon City Layout and Map showing all of Ascalon
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=12706
I've always thought that Ascalon had great potential; prime location, clear class structure, excellent back story, etc. The whole premise just bursts with inspiration for RP and adventure tales. I would love to see the kingdom rise to the banner of RP and enforce character roles a bit more among the citizens.

I'm no professional RP master, but I can tell you that personally would not want to manage a guild where I had to constantly enforce a policy of 'role-play' only among the ranks. If members are not interested in RP it would be difficult if not impossible for a leader to maintain an image as an RP guild. Jupiter often travels alone and seeks out those who are aligned with good and provide my own RP flare. I don't expect anybody to engage with me in RP nor require it of them, but if I find a good fit, we will often have great adventures together.

That being said, I think that Ascalon provides a GREAT service to this shard. A large player base and quick camaraderie make a great way to start up.

I think one of the biggest RP obstacles for myself and for guilds that seek to help new players, is in fact that very desire to help people. Often times I have to break character to give them information about Razor, house security, and game mechanics in a more direct fashion. I'm thinking I might make a character called a Tutorial specifically for this purpose. I also frequently admonish new players to visit the forums. Almost everything I know about UOSA I got from the Forums and then perhaps gleaned additional tips from some players in IRC.

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

agreed notice that KA's numbers have lowered tremendously aside from people breaking off to start their own thing ive rid the stone of everyone basically.
this will be enforced in KA, and AV will be the PVP non roleplaying side of things

also we need a central meeting place for roleplay specifically in a town i suggest minoc for two reasons 1: KA is located just north of it 2: people start off at that tavern up north(located in minoc) as miners etc which make for pretty good roleplayers alot of the time.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Good King of Ascalon,
I applaud your effort to rebuild Ascalon once again. I daresay you will have little success building, or keeping, a good face and name for Ascalon, with the treachery that goes on in the Vanguard. I understand the desire to have a PvP/RP split, but if the association is there, the bad blood will always result from the PvP folks occasionally flying off the handle, so to speak and committing criminal actions. I don't know what's to be done about such an issue, but having criminals in the vanguard of a good guild, is not appropriate for a once great kingdom, in my opinion.

I have a place in my heart for Ascalon but there was much to be done that was not possible, even with the support of fellow members of leadership. I wish you all the best and look forward to fighting alongside Ascalon, should they truly align themselves with good once more.

Sincerely,
Blaise
Est Sularus oth Mithas

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

Blaise wrote:Good King of Ascalon,
I applaud your effort to rebuild Ascalon once again. I daresay you will have little success building, or keeping, a good face and name for Ascalon, with the treachery that goes on in the Vanguard. I understand the desire to have a PvP/RP split, but if the association is there, the bad blood will always result from the PvP folks occasionally flying off the handle, so to speak and committing criminal actions. I don't know what's to be done about such an issue, but having criminals in the vanguard of a good guild, is not appropriate for a once great kingdom, in my opinion.

I have a place in my heart for Ascalon but there was much to be done that was not possible, even with the support of fellow members of leadership. I wish you all the best and look forward to fighting alongside Ascalon, should they truly align themselves with good once more.

Sincerely,
Blaise

thanks blaise same to you 8)

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

I am resurrecting this post due to it's most excellent content and valuable insights.

Also, to bring attention to the UOSA RPean Creed.

You can view the details of the RPean Creed and the existing members here: RPean Creed

If you wish to join this community you will need to seek out existing members and establish yourself and your style with them. You understand that this is not in anyway a guarantee that the path to fellowship is easy nor that you will be immediately accepted. The path for all will be different.

Jakob

Post by Jakob »

I just got an idea when taming in the desert and walking around there. I'm not sure if I would be into this but thought I'd just share it for this RP encyclopedia in case someone needs inspiration.

It'd be cool to see an RP guild based/connected to the desert just like the savages, but instead of them who are evil or neutral (I suppose?) and who worship the earth elemantals, these would be good and gather around the compassion shrine as it's protector.

I'm thinking of some sort of arabian inspired group, very much something like those guardians in the Mummy films:

The tension between those two groups, savages and desert guardians, could lead to some very interesting events. Would they defy each other or perhaps work together? Maybe they would war each other initially but further on unite against a new enemy (a non-desert guild) infringing on their beloved desert lands? Were they perhaps sent from Nujelm to cleans this desert patch filled of evil?

Example for UO:
Skin: Darker tones
Clothes: Preferably black, but maybe also yellowish/sandy tones
Weapon of choice: Scimitar!!! (and perhaps also bow)
Mount: Horse
Personality: High morals and principals
Lankgord: Hello. I'm New To The Server. Any Drama Going On Lately?

[20:38] <newYorK>i love how franz is in game robbing me while im reading his comic
[20:38] <newYorK> priceless

Sebrian

Post by Sebrian »

Jakob, speak to chainsoar about this. He's the one who is in charge of the savages.

Jakob

Post by Jakob »

I was just mentioning it as an idea mostly. I've no plan in making it real, working on other characters. :)
Lankgord: Hello. I'm New To The Server. Any Drama Going On Lately?

[20:38] <newYorK>i love how franz is in game robbing me while im reading his comic
[20:38] <newYorK> priceless