An exercise in diplomacy

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Jupiter

An exercise in diplomacy

Post by Jupiter »

A report from Jupiter to the Prestigious and Eminent High Lord of the land King Brit:

Your Most Eminent High Lord,
My efforts in diplomacy in the borders of your kingdom are often obscured and covered Doubt’s shadow. For, when I align myself with the various factions of dukes and self-proclaimed lords I find I am inevitably set in opposition against another, even though emissaries of each faction claim devotion to the virtues of nine. Their devotion to virtues are demonstrated in such diverse ways that one cannot hope to attain the trust of one faction, without fraying those same bonds with another.

I do not doubt the system of law that your eminence has established throughout the land. Your powers to cast the dark shadow upon those who have err’ed against the law are no doubt just and measured. Yet I have oft’ found that there are many who have found ways to deceive the virtues and adorn themselves in false colors. I have found that even the blood-mantle can be worn by men of valor as well as cowards.

I have come to the conclusion that the only way to secure a stable reputation of any worth in this land is to conduct one’s self the same way at all times, and then trust the rest to the fates. When Jupiter stands, I do so in full stature with whomever I travel let the cards fall where they may.

Those who murderer merely to spread their grief, have no empathy from me, and I condone any methods to separate their heads from their shoulders.

- Jupiter the Grey