Beware the men from the north!

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Casius

Beware the men from the north!

Post by Casius »

Calm seas and fair weather a perfect day, almost. Roger, a guard from the small mining town of Minoc, notices a faint dark speck out on the sea's horizon coming from the north. He watches for some time trying to make out the object. He is uncertain what it is, but he is sure it is getting larger. Some townsfolk nearby stop and stare as well. Soon a small crowd is gathered behind The Barnacle tavern on the north end of town.

"Its a dragon! Look the head and its big white wings!" A small boy yells.

Roger gripes his halberd tightly, "Thats no dragon..."

The object is now obvious to all, a large ship with a fierce dragon head carved into the bow. The ship's occupants can now be seen. A band of barbarian warriors wielding all manor of weaponry preparing for battle. Clothed in furs and a mix of leather and plate armor, they can be seen sharpening their swords and spears. As the ship closed in on the land many of the towns people started to panic and flee. Without warning a barrage of arrows are let loose and laid waste to many of the running villagers. As the ship neared arrows and bolts continued to fly, one strikes Roger between his armor into his neck. He walls to the ground, the first causality. The ship suddenly drops its anchor and the warriors fearlessly jump into the sea and make their way to the shore. A small battle at the beachhead ensued but the scarce number of guards that could be mustered with little notice were easily overcome. The marauders quickly loot, pillage and set fire to many of the buildings. And just a quickly as these mysterious raiders appeared they loaded their ship up and left clutching their gold and pouring ale

This was only the beginning

So I'm thinking of starting a Viking themed guild and wanted to gauge if there was any interest in the community. I have a lot of ideas to bring something unique to the game. Although most of the RP will center around "raiding" player run towns pvp will not be the sole point of the guild. There will also be a decent number of events based loosely on the Norse epics poems by going on expeditions to slay famous monsters, explore and fight for glory... and loot.

The raiding could be organized in a a way that we temporarily war a guild and make frequent small raids to loot and kill members until tribute is paid to end the raids. If their is a large interest and we could get whole fleets then RPing attacks on major cities could be a fun event.

If anyone is interested I can compose all my ideas in a follow up post and possibly drop a stone soon. Let me know what you think. Thanks

chainsoar

Re: Beware the men from the north!

Post by chainsoar »

Bump, I'd like to see a viking guild on UOSA.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

that was just south of my kingdom im glad they didnt make a suprise visit to ascalon! but would love to see vikings on the shard.

Casius

Post by Casius »

Alright well two posts are better than none. I just got back from a little vacation so sorry about the late response.

So it seems the best way to get a guild started here on this shard is to have a core group of active members so thats what Im looking for to start with. I think 3 or 4 members to get things going. If your interested reply here or msg me on mIRC (nick: Casius) and ill give you a quick overview of what I see this becoming. Im plan on writing up a larger post when/if it looks like the idea might have legs, but heres a quickie short one:

Calling all able bodied Norsemen!

The rumors you may have heard are true: Southern lands are there for the taking! The might of Britannia has been overestimated for too long. A raiding party of your own countrymen have returned from a successful sack and pillage of the most northern town of Minoc. It will take days to count the treasure looted, the puny defense of the town did not fell even one of the raiders. Their knights and guardsmen may wear sparkling plate mail, but they bleed the same blood as the rest our enemies.

As you read this a warring party is being assembled. Ingvar Redbeard the Ruthless is calling for all who wish to fill their pockets and stain their blades. These pathetic inhabitants of the south are ripe for the taking. Which of you are up for the challenge?