A partially burnt SOS... Wed July 18th

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
TheManWithNoName

Re: A partially burnt SOS... Wed July 18th

Post by TheManWithNoName »

edit: never mind, delete... :P
IRC: NoName

Zyler
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zyler »

My scout associate provided this report from the floating fortress....

--------------

Me made 't to da wall, trasures 'bound, wealth aft me drems! Da maps 'n gleeming weapons da took my eye unseen. I snunk n gat'rd 'em me did. Den back fer more me did.

On me return, gold was be eit'n by da air....
so me grab what I could. Me had lotta gold n'a pile 'ready gaddered. I did'n knew 'nother scout abounder.

I do know fer me fadder.... he'd not do such ta 'nother.

---------------

My friend... my associate is a bit disturbed by his theft of another's loot... be it hopefully a righteous pillager. Call it an "honor among thieves" gesture or what have you... I have no concept on such matters. He is not distraught mind you and doesn't mind keeping the gold... however... he desires to do the right thing in his heart therefore if you were the fellow pillager that lost the gold *ahem* had the gold stolen from your sight.... my friend would like to gesture your endeavor, if you hold the truest answers.

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Zyler the great!

I am indeed thrilled that your associate was able to return back in a well enough condition to give you a coherent report on the situation. None of the scouts I have sent have returned, and I do not entertain any hope that they ever will. The only possible penance I have is that their souls escaped and were not caught in the clutches of Ceto's deadly ghost crew...

While your scout bravely observed the situation at the fortress, we were able to conduct a very lucrative investigation at the shore.

The dark shadow that the fortress has cast over the deserts was no match for your great spells. And with the fury of watery element and the power of the demon, we were able to hold off Ceto's advance forces Just long enough for us to collect the samples we needed. I can't believe how foolish I was to set off on such a task unprepared but I did not expect the ground to be so resistant to magical means of mineral extraction. How fortunate it was for us to find a pickaxe there upon the shore!

I hope to have the samples we recovered analyzed soon, though I do not know if I recovered anything more than dirt. It is odd, to say the least, how closely related these salty elementals appear to be with wisps. Based on the residue that we found upon their corpses I am left to contrive that perhaps Ceto's fortress is older than we think. There must have have been some ancient wispish pedigree that wandered out to sea ages ago. Overtime, isolated from the pureness of the land, they have become bitter and vengeful and thus easily swayed by Ceto's evil will.

I hear word that Lord Dupre will be rallying a great force soon. Perhaps with the information we have gleaned thusfar, we will be able to provide much needed intelligence to the gathering forces regarding the fortress's weakness.
Attachments
Ceto's Investigation copy.jpg

Zyler
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zyler »

The question posed by the scout is: "How much gold in da pile me plundered... an' when?"

PM me the answer if you were the other scout and your riches will be returned.

Zyler
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zyler »

Jupiter wrote:Zyler the great!
You overstate my standing Sir. I simply am doing my duty as a citizen of the kingdom in learning more of this plight we face. I have received word that more scouting reports are in route. I hope to share more reconnaissance prior to the siege.

Lord Dupre

Post by Lord Dupre »

As you may or may not know by now Ceto and her army are destroyed, sent back to the bottom of the sea.

This feat cost the lives of hundreds of soldiers and their sacrifice will not be forgotten!

Our scouts report the floating fortress has begun to sink into the ocean.
If you have any boats in the area it may be wise to move them. The whirlpool caused by an object this large sinking into the sea may be powerful enough to sink ships.

Any treasures that remain unclaimed in the fortress are lost forever to the depths of the ocean. Do not attempt to save anymore objects. It is too dangerous now and could sink at any moment.

Well done citizens.

To the tavern!
Attachments
cetoattack2.jpg
cetoattack2.jpg (108.79 KiB) Viewed 1590 times

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

Please choose a more appropriate signature.