Tales of a Drifter – The gypsy moon saga...

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
VoP Denizen

Tales of a Drifter – The gypsy moon saga...

Post by VoP Denizen »

To the outside world, it is hard to see the difference between a common thief and a gypsy. While almost everything about them could be considered the same, there are stark differences which distinguish a gypsy. I invite you now to read just a few of the characteristics I’ve discovered….

It has been several months since I’ve dwelt in a vacant tower near the gypsy tribe that now inhabits Paws village. The food in the tower’s stockade lasted a while, but it has been several weeks since the stores expired. Out in the wilderness, my drifting skills within the cities meant nothing; so I thought it best to try and avail myself of the society of gypsies.

I thought that perhaps my skills of thievery would allow me quick acceptance into the inner circles of their society, but I was grossly mistaken. To wit, they almost took my life when I demonstrated how deftly I could relieve a man of his purse of coins or favorite dagger. To my good fortune however, instead of introducing me to death, they found it in their good humor to train me in their ways as penitence. Though I have not been accepted by them yet, I am now tolerated and have learned a great deal about them.

To understand how one can even tell the difference between a gypsy and a thief (or hotii as the gypsies call them) one must look at the motivation for the theft, and not the act of thievery itself. Gypsies are extremely religious and devout followers of the virtue of Spirituality. They believe everything in this world has a spirit and they feel themselves guardians and liberators of all captive and abused spirits. For a truth they will not eat the meat of any creature that has been raised behind a fence.

So if you find yourself in the company of a gypsy, and do not wish your items to be … *ahem*… liberated all you need to do is but demonstrate to the good fellow that your items’ spirits are bonded to you of their own free will. This is of course easier said than done seeing how gypsies conveniently consider themselves the only ones who can communicate with the spirit of a weapon.

- a drifter