Village Report

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
VoP Denizen

Village Report

Post by VoP Denizen »

* Haggard throws a coin to Kendall the barkeep *

'Do you charge for a conversation too Kendall?' Haggard's remark was rhetorical as he loosened the bottle. The liquid fire seemed to revitalize him as it laced his innards.

"Anyhow, take down this message that I speak to ye, and make sure it is delivered, ye hear!?"

"Esteemed Jupiter of the Mage Tower,

Today was a bit of a fiasco, but all's well that end's well.. I suppose. We have made both friends and enemies as we establish ourselves in this small forest village."

"When I arrived back from patrolling the southern roads I saw a startling notice that our great King Zoltan had embarked on a spiritual quest... armed only with a rusty broadsword and a draught of liquor. Turid, the village healer had noted that it was precisely what the king needed to pacify the inner demons within his soul."

* Haggard looks up * "Are you even listening Kendall? Write this down man!"

"What kind of odd unorthodox healing techniques does our healer use!? Sending a king out sauced up on hard liquor to wander the lands? But it is not my place to speak - our healer has wisdom beyond her years. I swears she could put a body back together even if its been cut up and scattered to the furthest corners of the land."

"Anyhow, once the King and his trusted healer returned, we were visited by a most offensive marauder. A self proclaimed Ronin, I don't think he was of Japanese decent myself with his red hairs and all.... but I digress. The man came unannounced and just began drinking our ale. I notified him several times that the villagers were restless at his presence and advised that he depart. Yet he did not heed my warnings. ... Now this next bit might not settle well with some, particularly not Mr. Bojangles himself (I reckon he'll swear hell upon us...) but it all happened so quickly. The villagers rushed in with pitch forks and torches and all that, and before we knew it, Mr. Bojangles lie still as a bird in the thicket...

Our good healer Turid managed to stitch up his body, but I fear his tender nerves shall not recover so quickly. He ran off to the forest yelling retribution of some sorts..."

In closing we also welcomed a new villager: The brave Cassandra. She is a red-headed master of music and a bright addition to our thriving village."

We hope you will find time to visit; perhaps if only to recover the staff that Blaine the Gypsy relieved you of. Please do remember to value your things more so than he does. He has a knack for spotting things unattended.

- Best Wishes

Haggard the Guard